PDA

View Full Version : need my diet checked

Vicioustorms
05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey it's been while since I've posted here. For the last few weeks I have been excercising hard at home with the weights I have but not really consuming enough food to make me feel sick (or full), which I know is needed to gain weight (and thats how I gained the first time) I guess I just don't like the feeling of being so full all the time, but I have to suck it up and just do it....its the only way. :evillaugh: I have joined the gym again and this time I feel more motivated. I don't need any motivation to lift, it's already there, just eating till i feel sick is kinda where i need motivation. This is what I've had today and it's 9:35pm

Pronutro
4 eggs (scrambled eggs) with two slices toast
big glass milk
4 slices bread with peanut butter
2 slices bread with ham
can of tuna
big glass milk
protein shake
4 slices bread with chicken noodles
big glass milk
yoghurt
big spoon of peanut butter
yoghurt
big glass milk

I told my mom to buy chicken and more protein shake because I get bored of eating peanut butter and tuna every single day even though they're still 2 of my favourite foods. Eggs never get boring though.

I'm thinking i should have 4 eggs every morning with Pronutro (which is a cereal with lots of protein in) then having 2 protein shakes on workout days, chicken, 2 cans of tuna, lots of milk.....etc

And i really havent been going to bed early enough at all these past few weeks and I know that's a crucial part of growing/recovering.

Tikiman
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Seems like you getting all you carbs from cereal and bread, which aren't the greatest sources (nor the worse). Why not throw in some brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, couscous, etc. instead? Variety will keep you sane

You're also missing vegetables and fruit, which are almost equally as important as protein and carbs. A multivitamin won't even have the same effect as some peas, broccoli, carrots, what have you.

What is yoghurt? Some hybrid brand of yogurt that enables you to put a hurtin' on others? :)

Vicioustorms
05-13-2008, 03:12 AM
You can spell it as yogurt or yoghurt.:thumbup:

Would it be better if I had certain times to eat? like

Meal 1: 9am
Meal 2: 11am
Meal 3: 2pm
Meal 4: 4pm
Meal 5: 6pm-7pm
Meal 6: 9pm-10pm

like today for Meal 1 at 10am I had

Meal 1:
Oats
4 eggs (scrambled eggs)
big glass milk

Vicioustorms
05-13-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't know who to believe....some people are saying I should eat all day(which is hard), and be full all day. and others saying I should set times and eat 6 Meals a day. So which one is better?

Like for example after my 1st meal at 10am I was hungry in between that until the2nd meal (which im having now) at 1pm. But if i eat something to fill me up about 1-2 hours after the first meal then I won't be hungry by the 2nd meal....so....should i be full all the time?

Herandi
05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I think you're overthinking this. At then end of the day as long as you're getting in all your calories with enough protein it doesn't matter either way really. I went from 160lbs to 210 and the thing that helped me most was gaint 1000-1500 calorie shakes with peanut butter, oilive oil, milk and berries. One big one in the morning and one big one before bed and thats 3000 calories right there, making the rest of the day a breeze with perhaps only a couple of meals needed.

Vicioustorms
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah I agree with you...are whey protein shakes ok aswell? 2 a day.

Meal 1:
Oats
4 eggs (scrambled eggs)
big glass milk

Meal 2:
2 Chicken Breasts, Potatoes & Rice
Big Glass Milk

Meal 3:
2 cans of tuna
whey protein shake

Meal 4:
pasta with can of tuna
big glass milk
apple

this is what I've heard today and it's 6:25pm. i will probably have another meal or snack before i go to bed with another shake. thanks for your advice btw :)