PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss

chromium6
03-21-2002, 12:34 AM
Hey Guys. I was reading an interesting article. Tonight on the net.
it was about Xenadrine. Which is what my girl is currently taking. Now what a read somewhat pertained to it but this person said. that the body can only lose 2 to 2 and a half pounds a week, Anymore than that and it is unhealthy. Now How much of that statment is true. Because if I am eating a well balanced diet, and am hitting 30 minutes of Cardio 4 days out of the week, on a Bike. And working my routine the other three. I AM ONLY LOSING 2 Pounds a week??? HORSE CRAP!! What do you guys think. Is it possible and is it healthy??? What is the Max Weight you guys have lost in a week. What did your diet consist of? And what type of Cardio did you do???tuttut

Budiak
03-21-2002, 01:01 AM
Homes, they prolly said that you should probably only lose 2-3 pounds if you want to stay at optimum health during the fat loss. That means that you are losing fat only. If you are losing more than 2-3 lbs a week, it is probably due to the loss of some muscle.

Now I'm not saying that its not possible, but for Joe or Steven Schmoe, 2-3 lbs is quite admirable, affable or possibly even cavalier. Please, for the love of God, note that if you just started cutting, a significant portion of the weight you lose, at least at the outset, may be water. The first week you may lose 217 lbs, but only 2 lbs of fat, do you follow?

I'd say the most fat I've ever lost in a week is like 3 lbs, mostly water. But hey, a rose is a rose is a flesh eating beast, so who's to say whats what? Now stop kicking me, Johnson, and get me those gat-damn trousers.

MRJ
03-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Greetings:

I try never to loose more than 1.5 lbs. p/week. Any greater loss the workouts suffer and light-headness is very significant.

The lean-out phase has significant carb. depletion. (about 55% less than normal)

As far as cardio I do a couple of days more than usual. (usual is defined as 2 x weekly runs of 2 miles, 1x weekly bicycle ride of 10 miles)

The add on days would consist of 3 sessions of 15 minutes each of the following: stationary bike-level 10, eliptical trainer-level 15, treadmill-15% incline @ 3mph.

hemants
03-21-2002, 10:37 AM
1 - 1.5 pounds a week is healthy, beyond that you are either losing water in which case you won't sustain the pace, or you are doing something that may not be so healthy.

Also, be wary of Xenadrine. Anything that boosts your metabolism by jacking up your heart rate should be used carefully if at all. If nothing else, make the effort to find out exactly what you are taking and how much.

plornive
03-21-2002, 11:02 AM
I don't think ephedrine jacks up your metabolism significantly. It mobilizes fatty acids from fat cells and suppresses the appetite, but it's direct effect on metabolism is fairly small. The CNS stimulating effects subside with use.

hemants
03-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Ephedrine is a form of epinephrine - ie. a stimulant.

plornive
03-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by plornive
The CNS stimulating effects subside with use.

Studies have shown that the stimulating effects (i.e. higher bp, heart palpitations, headache, etc.) subside after a few weeks. I know it is a stimulant, but it does not significantly change one's metabolism. It is useful more as an appetite suppressant and a fatty acid mobilizer (as stated above). That was my original point.

TFXP-Zeke01
03-21-2002, 08:23 PM
I've been using Xenadrine for about 3-4 weeks and the effects are getting weaker and weaker; yet it still keeps my appetite at bay during the day.;) I use the recommended dose on the bottle and I weigh about 226LB's, so it's effects on me will be less than someone of a lesser weight. I have to say that I enjoy the "well being" effect it gives over anything!;)