05-08-2008, 06:10 PM
don't lean TOO far forward!

crazy strength for how old you are.

i turned 16 month ago

strongkid963
05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
BTW: my goals are 450 raw next wednesday or so

in 2ply suit and briefs 700-750 saturday or a week from saturday

I train at Frantz gym and get good squating help.

ACaslow
05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
if your squatting raw you have got to get deeper, develop a wider ranger of motion in your hips. develop hip strength from the get go otherwise you will always struggle with depth, you barely hit parallel if at all actually.

and it wasn't "really easy" by way, I would certainly toot my own horn considering your age as it shows great strength but let's grow to be modest with our efforts.

Next time you try that weight, have that single side spotter whose really doing nothing stand behind you, take the weight down and take it down deep, don't be afraid of it, if you can't come up no worries you have a back spotter now.... but if you don't take it deep enough it doesn't matter. Develop good habits from the get go, you will be much better off because of it and be a much stronger lifter for it.

Keep it at.

strongkid963
05-08-2008, 06:21 PM
if your squatting raw you have got to get deeper, develop a wider ranger of motion in your hips. develop hip strength from the get go otherwise you will always struggle with depth, you barely hit parallel if at all actually.

and it wasn't "really easy" by way, I would certainly toot my own horn considering your age as it shows great strength but let's grow to be modest with our efforts.

Next time you try that weight, have that single side spotter whose really doing nothing stand behind you, take the weight down and take it down deep, don't be afraid of it, if you can't come up no worries you have a back spotter now.... but if you don't take it deep enough it doesn't matter. Develop good habits from the get go, you will be much better off because of it and be a much stronger lifter for it.

Keep it at.

i have osgood slatters and ran more then a mile thats maid me bend overf lil extra beleve it or not.....about the spotters saftey is #1 at the gym. I said really easy because i did 2 reps after running alot so i thought i can do more fresh. (not trying to argue)

bigmoney
05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Good strength for your age man. To keep more upright I would widen your stance so you can sit back more, get your knees out and get some hip drive in there like ACaslow said. The guy knows his stuff.

strongkid963
05-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Good strength for your age man. To keep more upright I would widen your stance so you can sit back more, get your knees out and get some hip drive in there like ACaslow said. The guy knows his stuff.

i go wide only when i have briefs on due to hip micro tear/ sciatica and try to stay 100% upright.......should i make a geared vid?..BTW how much it look like I weigh

squatzilla phil
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
well first #1 use about 2 inch wider stance each foot until you can go wider #2 sit back and down knees out slightly at mid way of squat #3 chest up through lift #4 and also hold weight at top for 2 to 3 sec at end of lift then rack#5 really important big air , i mean big air as possible.keep your groove on the way down that is a must .think fast squat if you do you will squat faster and build a monster start at the hole hope this helps .squatzilla phil harrington

Reko
05-08-2008, 11:03 PM
it looks like you kept your air in your chest as opposed to your stomach. The video was kind of fuzzy but the way your body moved thats what it looked like.

Reko
05-09-2008, 10:36 AM
BTW how much it look like I weigh
How about you just tell us if you want us to know?

Xellarz
05-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, you have a much closer stance than I expected after hearing you lift at Frantz gym.

Travis Bell
05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
BTW how much it look like I weigh

hahaha thats kind of a goofy question. Just post your weight if you're excited about it

bill
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing 230?

strongkid963
05-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, you have a much closer stance than I expected after hearing you lift at Frantz gym.

they understand i hurt when i do wide squats raw....but they are very inteligent.

strongkid963
05-09-2008, 05:46 PM
hahaha thats kind of a goofy question. Just post your weight if you're excited about it

245 trying to get to 270-300 for teen nats.....i was just wondering because people say hey "your bout bigger than that thing" and "wow fatty" etc....

jbrin0tk
05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
well first #1 use about 2 inch wider stance each foot until you can go wider #2 sit back and down knees out slightly at mid way of squat #3 chest up through lift #4 and also hold weight at top for 2 to 3 sec at end of lift then rack#5 really important big air , i mean big air as possible.keep your groove on the way down that is a must .think fast squat if you do you will squat faster and build a monster start at the hole hope this helps .squatzilla phil harrington

Stuff like this is golden. Thanks for the tips on form, Phil! I appreciate it! (Even though it wasn't necessarily intended for me!)