PDA

View Full Version : briefs

TJM
05-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I been thinking about getting some briefs cause sometimes after I box squat or dead real heavy my hip sort of feels weird. I hear briefs will stabalize me but will they stall development at all like a belt does?

Lones Green
05-10-2008, 09:44 AM
briefs can be very benefical to the health of your hips. some power pants, frazntz briefs, or even some pro briefs could help you out. i wouldnt wear them ALL the time, but they could help out your hip pain.

i'm sure someone like ben will chime in with some more info.

Reko
05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I wear briefs for all wide stance squats and sumo deadlifts. It isnt so much a stabilizing thing but a compression thing. There are varying degrees of briefs, some that will give a lot more and some that are extremely stiff. I have some frantz briefs and they are of the more stretchy type. I started wearing them for the same reason and now I wear them all the time for wide stance lifts.

Lones Green
05-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I wear briefs for all wide stance squats and sumo deadlifts. It isnt so much a stabilizing thing but a compression thing. There are varying degrees of briefs, some that will give a lot more and some that are extremely stiff. I have some frantz briefs and they are of the more stretchy type. I started wearing them for the same reason and now I wear them all the time for wide stance lifts.

i know a guy who wears frantz briefs all the time (for wide stance stuff) as well. i think you have a very good idea.

Reko
05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, I got real lucky and they were essentially hand me downs that just happen to fit real well, lol. I definitely love them.

Lones Green
05-10-2008, 01:17 PM
i wish i was a lot lighter sometimes, so i could walk into a gym and be like, oh that leviathan you have that dosent fit anymore? and that ace squatter? and those 6 metal shirts? sure, i'll take em off your hands, haha

Reko
05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Funny story, I actually did get a leviathan that way lol. But i never used it so I ended up just giving it back.

Lones Green
05-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Funny story, I actually did get a leviathan that way lol. But i never used it so I ended up just giving it back.

haha, thats funny. i hear there a bitch to learn.

strongkid963
05-10-2008, 02:21 PM
i like my frantz briefs and suit alot both poly...have not tried canvas yet

WillNoble
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
canvas is a bitch...

strongkid963
05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
canvas is a bitch...

why?....tightness?

WillNoble
05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah they're god awful to get on, god awful to take off, and stiffness like you wont believe, they're not for individuals new to gear thats for sure...

Sean Hatley
05-10-2008, 05:56 PM

Kev use's briefs almost any time he squats.

strongkid963
05-10-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah they're god awful to get on, god awful to take off, and stiffness like you wont believe, they're not for individuals new to gear thats for sure...

hang yourself from the power-rack or monolift with the straps to get in it......when you take it off pull hard alternating leg for example hard left pull down, right, left, right ,left and your out of it 15+ people use canvas at my gym its not that bad to get on and off I have seen them with my own eyes. :hello:

Reko
05-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Kev use's briefs almost any time he squats.

Not for OLYs or fronts!! Those are both wrap and beltless too.

Ben Moore
05-10-2008, 09:08 PM
hang yourself from the power-rack or monolift with the straps to get in it......when you take it off pull hard alternating leg for example hard left pull down, right, left, right ,left and your out of it 15+ people use canvas at my gym its not that bad to get on and off I have seen them with my own eyes. :hello:

I'm sure Will has seen it and done it before as well. His purpose was to say that it's a little much for someone just getting used to gear. I tend to agree.

strongkid963
05-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm sure Will has seen it and done it before as well. His purpose was to say that it's a little much for someone just getting used to gear. I tend to agree.

oo i understand what'cha mean.

WillNoble
05-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Indeed

strongkid963
05-11-2008, 03:41 PM
while were on the subject...how do the 2ply frantz compare to the metal's ben?

Reko
05-11-2008, 04:15 PM
not even close haha. Ive never worn the metals, but I can hit parallel with no weight in my frantz. i probably couldn't wearing BEN's metals.

WillNoble
05-11-2008, 04:31 PM
not even close haha. Ive never worn the metals, but I can hit parallel with no weight in my frantz. i probably couldn't wearing BEN's metals.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Reko
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
considering i haven't tried them on, or actually i suppose they are yours not his... Ok yea it was an exaggeration.

just from watching him wear yours though despite being a little big they are more solid of briefs than frantz i would say. prolly should have just let him answer the question :hello:

Ben Moore
05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Possession is 9/10's of the law, haha. The metals are just insanely heavier duty than the frantz. I will wear the frantz for support moving forward and the metals for the heavy stuff (mine, not Will's that I'm bogarting.)

Jason Pegg
05-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Ive got some old predators that I can do that in! Im thinking I might try the Ace/Ace at my next meet.

Jason

strongkid963
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Possession is 9/10's of the law, haha. The metals are just insanely heavier duty than the frantz. I will wear the frantz for support moving forward and the metals for the heavy stuff (mine, not Will's that I'm bogarting.)

ok because one really good squatter at my gym did like 1035? I think and he used metal briefs underneath the frantz canvas.

Reko
05-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Is that supposed to be a joke?

Lol, I just noticed that I caps Ben's name. haha, I did that just to emphasize that they weren't mine. Oh look what i did :P