PDA

View Full Version : refeeds and workouts

Herandi
05-12-2008, 04:37 AM
sorry if this has been asked, i searched for it but came up with conflicting answers. Is it best to do refeeds on your workout days and if so why? thanks

Jordanbcool
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
It doesnt seem like you actually know what a refeed is. The only time I've heard of them being used is on a UD2 or PSMF type diet. With regular dieting I dont think a refeed is really appropriate. If you bought the books for the UD2 or PSMF you would already know the answer. Thats probably why you couldn't find it. The workouts help with partitioning but refeeds are supposed to be used to refill yourself up with glycogen which only happens if you are depleted in the first place. Otherwise it'll do way more harm then good.

Herandi
05-12-2008, 04:43 PM
thanks jordan, sorry i didn't make this clear at the beginning. I am running a cutting diet at the moment with a very low carb intake. I eat about 50g of carbs on rest days and about 200g on workout days, only taking carbs in the meals before and after a workout. I assume i should be having a refeed on with carbs this low? perhaps once a week is what i was thinking. I think i understand your point, so as your glycogen levels will be lowest after a workout, you should start your refeed then?

thanks for the help

Herandi
05-15-2008, 05:06 AM
anyone???

Slim Schaedle
05-15-2008, 09:44 AM
The workouts help with partitioning but refeeds are supposed to be used to refill yourself up with glycogen which only happens if you are depleted in the first place. Otherwise it'll do way more harm then good.

Not true.

It depends on amount of lean mass the person has, and the amount of the daily carb intake.

Now, glycogen supercomensation will require some depletion as a precursor.

Refeeds act to offset and reverse many of the hormones and problems that dieting eventually leads to.

I would do the refeed on a non-workout day.