PDA

View Full Version : egg whites

datboychevy
05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
ok so im planning a diet and im going to incorporate egg whites. im going to boil the eggs and spoon out the york. is this how everybody else does it?

also how much protein is in an egg white? i heard 9.6g. can a couple of these replace whey protein in my diet?

thanks...

frank
05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
i believe an egg white is about 5-6g of protein? so you would need to eat 4 eggs instead of the shake mixed with water.

bjohnso
05-12-2008, 04:43 PM
A whole large egg has about 6g of protein, so you can bet on the egg white alone having less than that. Also, I keep hearing people on here saying that dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on the cholesterol levels in your body. I don't know if that's true or not.

As an aside, I find that hard-boiled eggs are a great appetite suppressant.

manowar669
05-13-2008, 05:30 AM
1 large eggwhite is 3.5g protein, the whole large egg is about 6g. I round off and say 3 whites is 10g and 6 whites is 20g.

Cirino83
05-13-2008, 07:12 AM
ok so im planning a diet and im going to incorporate egg whites. im going to boil the eggs and spoon out the york. is this how everybody else does it?

also how much protein is in an egg white? i heard 9.6g. can a couple of these replace whey protein in my diet?

thanks...

anything with protein can replace your protein shakes.... the shakes are not necessary, they are just to make people's life easy so they can hit their required needs for the day with a shake instead of a few more steaks or whatever.

As far as the eggs, I wouldn't throw out the yoke with every egg. I like to eat one yoke for every three eggs.

Slim Schaedle
05-13-2008, 08:40 AM
also how much protein is in an egg white? i heard 9.6g.

It's only around 3 grams.

Unreal
05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I seperate the eggs before cooking then just cook the whites. If you want to boil them first then eat the whites go for it. I just make egg white omelets of buy just the whites.

Szust
05-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I get rid of the yolk by splitting the egg, then passing the yolk from one side of the broken shell to the other until all the egg white has fallen out into the bowl.

Genacide
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
I eat the yolk and the white in 2 bites plain. mmmmmm boiled aggs

SMK41
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM

thanks...

I just use Egg Beaters.

http://www.eggbeaters.com/products/original.jsp

You don't have to deal with cracking a shell b/c you pour it out of a carton. 1/4 cup = 1 egg (no yolk) = 30 cal, 0g fat, 0mg cholesteral, 6g protein, 1g carbs.

I make an omelette with Egg Beaters every morning for breakfast. They are delicious, high in protein, low in everything else, and convenient. What more could you want?

Oh and I'd stick with the original Egg Beaters. Don't use the "whites" version. It only has 5 less cal but it has 1g less protein.

Slim Schaedle
05-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Oh and I'd stick with the original Egg Beaters. Don't use the "whites" version. It only has 5 less cal but it has 1g less protein.

Isn't it alot cheaper?

1 gram is nothing.