PDA

View Full Version : Can barely eat in the morning

ProLogic
05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I have a problem.. I can barely eat in the morning. Every morning I usually have a cup of oatmeal and even have trouble eating that. What can I do to make myself more hungry in the morning?

bjohnso
05-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't know. I don't usually have an appetite in the morning either, so I eat at work (8 or 9 o'clock or so). Is that an option for you?

ProLogic
05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I go to school, and break isn't until 10. I'd be starving by then but I guess its worth a shot.

Beholder
05-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I am not really hungery in the morning as well... so what I have been doing lately is 80g of waxy maize and water... since i train in the AM it works best for me... then about 1 hour after training I have a solid meal... or try to.

Slim Schaedle
05-13-2008, 11:30 PM
If you aren't hungry then have a shake or just don't eat.

I don't eat for several hours after waking.

Granted, caffeine is paramount for me in this case.

ProLogic
05-14-2008, 12:34 AM
If you aren't hungry then have a shake or just don't eat.

I don't eat for several hours after waking.

Granted, caffeine is paramount for me in this case.

Can't eat a shake. I'm going to start eating breakfast at break.

Notorious
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Why can't you have a shake?

I haven't been having an appetite recently (not even for a shake), so I just have like 3 cups of milk and maybe some fruit.

MillerTime1485
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I used to always eat breakfast about an hour or two after waking up until recently. Lately Iíve been eating about once every 3 hours and I've found (or feels anyways) like my metabolism has sped up or something and I get hungrier more often, especially in the morning. I also drink a shake in the morning itís a good way to throw some calories into the day without filling up to much.

BigDanny817
05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Shake is a great option, you dont need to be hungry to drink a shake...i have always have had problems eating in the morning because i have felt sick...my shake is 1200 calories and 51 grams of protein...

ProLogic
05-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Why can't you have a shake?

I haven't been having an appetite recently (not even for a shake), so I just have like 3 cups of milk and maybe some fruit.

Because I can't finish it, If I force, I start gagging and makes it impossible to brush my teeth. I'm going to eat breakfast at break. My only option.

ProLogic
05-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Shake is a great option, you dont need to be hungry to drink a shake...i have always have had problems eating in the morning because i have felt sick...my shake is 1200 calories and 51 grams of protein...

What do you put in your shake?

Here's mine:

1/3 cup of oats
1 cup of milk
1 Banana
2 eggs
2 TS Olive oil
4 HEAPING TS of PB

Its around 1000 cals.

Runty
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Man how can you guys not be hungry in the morning? I usually eat right before bed and wake up starved. Sometimes I'm so hungry it will hinder me from doing anything until I eat.

But I would try the shake. If it's too big, just half it. And take a piece of fruit/muffin to eat with you before 10am.

Beholder
05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Man how can you guys not be hungry in the morning? I usually eat right before bed and wake up starved. Sometimes I'm so hungry it will hinder me from doing anything until I eat.

But I would try the shake. If it's too big, just half it. And take a piece of fruit/muffin to eat with you before 10am.

Its actually hit and miss for me. If I eat close to when I go to bed then I usually wake up really hungery... But I have not really paid close attention to see if it happens all the time. Maybe I will.

BigDanny817
05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
What do you put in your shake?

Here's mine:

1/3 cup of oats
1 cup of milk
1 Banana
2 eggs
2 TS Olive oil
4 HEAPING TS of PB

Its around 1000 cals.
LoL ProLogic me and u think alike

1 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 cup ice cream (whatever flavor I have)
1 scoop of my weight gainer
4 HEAPING TS of PB

Its about 1 1/2 glasses

Ramstein85
05-15-2008, 03:09 AM
im defo a morning breaky person but i know what u mean. when i dont havee an appetite in the morning i just had a tea or coffee, then like afte half an hour im starving :>

Cirino83
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Instead of making that huge shake in the morning since you can't finish it and aren't hungry in the first place I would Make a Protein shake with whole milk and maybe peanut butter. My breakfast before I leave for work is currently water and 3 scoops of Nitrean....or milk + nitrean.

thewicked
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
i never have a morning appetite..i can't actually EAT food without getting a little sick right when i wake up. I can however pound a protien shake down or a meal replacement and be just fine. So it's been the "breakfast" since I can remember!

HighSchoolGuy
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Not to hijack this thread but protein shakes make me very, very gassy.
I have to take them before I go to sleep.
Anyone have any other ideas?

ProLogic
05-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Not to hijack this thread but protein shakes make me very, very gassy.
I have to take them before I go to sleep.
Anyone have any other ideas?

Really? What do you put in them? They make me sleepy lol

BigDanny817
05-16-2008, 12:44 PM
LoL Same with me, I get really sleepy and it just makes me feel weird...

HighSchoolGuy
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Really? What do you put in them? They make me sleepy lol

4 scoops cytogainer
2 cups whole milk
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 large banana
1 cup ice cream

RhodeHouse
05-17-2008, 03:13 PM
1. Drink your shakes with water - less farty and you'll get hungrier much faster
2. Drop the oats from your AM shake. That's why you gag trying to drink it or brushing your teeth. The oats expand in your stomach. Same thing happened to me.
3. At 114lbs and in the process of bulking, you better be eating ALL DAY LONG! No excuses. Find a way to get it done. I could hold you up to a light and see what you ate for breakfast.