PDA

View Full Version : Journal or not to journal....

Fat--->Built
05-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey guys and gals,
I was just wondering if anyone would actually bother looking at a journal if i make one......I've just started WBB1.1 so workouts won't be that amazing but I think it would be a good way for me to stick with it and get answers to questions along the way.
Don't worry i won't be offended if you think it will be too boring to read, i understand I mean I've looked around and there are some amazing weights being moved on this forum so a new lifter could be classed as dull :boring: .
Cheers,
-R-

killxswitch
05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
I voted yes, but you gotta be less apologetic and make your journal interesting. Leave your thoughts on how your session went, outside factors that may have had an effect on your performance, questions, etc. And comment on others' journals, usually if you consistently leave comments in someone's journal they'll return the favor.

And really, the main reason you should keep a journal is for you. I like that people leave comments in my training log, but the point is for me to go back and see where I was, see how far I've come, and get an idea of where I'm going.

Good luck! And consider posting what your goals are in one of your first posts here. You might want to change those later, but lifting without goals is setting yourself up to get bored or discouraged and quit.

smokinHawk
05-14-2008, 09:23 AM
i say no, cause if you start out asking being timid why bother, just slam frickin weights

Fat--->Built
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for such an indepth reply kill at the moment my goal is to get a good diet sorted and complete WBB1.1 as I've never worked out before from what I've heard I should see some good gains...then look towards actually setting numbers once I know roughly where my potential stands :)

hehe nice and blunt smokinHawk cheers for the feedback.

borracho
05-16-2008, 07:11 AM
I agree with mr killswitch...you shouldnt give two ****s about who posts...but definately be appreciative/and reciprocate to those that post.

The main thing is to use a log as a tool to help keep you on track, and be able to refer to it for your own benefit down the road.

Good luck in what ever you choose to do...now go make a journal.

randommetalguy
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Please make a journal. I am doing WBB 1.1 as well and we can keep each other going. I modified it slightly though. I do Day 1, Day 2, off, Day 4, Day 5, off, Day 1 repeat. I recover pretty fast and don't want those two days off on the weekends. That may change when I start lifting heavier though. Anyways, I am 2 weeks into the routine and following it pretty closely I made a few substitutions such as SLDLs for pull throughs, and barbell roll outs instead of walk outs. Like I said, please make a journal we can track each other's progress. I have one (see sig) and just my friend comments on it usually but I'll be sure to check in on yours if you make it and offer my thoughts.

killxswitch
06-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I guess this never materialized huh? Too bad.