PDA

View Full Version : Dietary cholestoral, yay or nay!?

XavierHollywood
05-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Ok I ask this because I eat alot of eggs. My breakfest typically looks like three eggs (scrambled or omlet) with two peices of whole weat bread, a glass of milk and two spoons of peanut butter. What im concerned about most is that I am CONSTANTLY hearing contradictory opinions on whether dietary cholesterol is bad or nothing to worry about. I used to eat the three eggs whole, but lately Ive dropped it down to one whole egg and two egg whites. Can I jump back to three whole eggs and not worry about my cholesterol shooting through the roof? Or should I just stick with the egg whites?

FireRescue
05-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Ok I ask this because I eat alot of eggs. My breakfest typically looks like three eggs (scrambled or omlet) with two peices of whole weat bread, a glass of milk and two spoons of peanut butter. What im concerned about most is that I am CONSTANTLY hearing contradictory opinions on whether dietary cholesterol is bad or nothing to worry about. I used to eat the three eggs whole, but lately Ive dropped it down to one whole egg and two egg whites. Can I jump back to three whole eggs and not worry about my cholesterol shooting through the roof? Or should I just stick with the egg whites?

You can eat the whole egg without worry.

Szust
05-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Cholesterol from eggs is a bogus statement. Fat is what makes your cholesterol levels shoot up.

Genacide
05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok I ask this because I eat alot of eggs. My breakfest typically looks like three eggs

Thats not a lot of eggs. When I eat eggs it's 6 whole at a time, and don't consider that a lot either.

FireRescue
05-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Cholesterol from eggs is a bogus statement. Fat is what makes your cholesterol levels shoot up.

This is not an accurate statement. All you need for proof is all the people on Keto diets whose Chol is lower and their profile is better since they switched to Keto.

Szust
05-15-2008, 08:50 PM
This is not an accurate statement. All you need for proof is all the people on Keto diets whose Chol is lower and their profile is better since they switched to Keto.

I made a baseless statement. All I know is my cholesterol is below 120, so I've been doing something right.

LaBaron19
05-22-2008, 01:15 AM
there are different kinds of cholesterol and most of the cholesterol in eggs is supposed to be good for you.

dhartnet
05-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Most Cholesterol problems are hereditary. Dietary may add to that for people with that problem (like myself). I eat salad and chicken all week, I have to take Lipitor. My bro-inlaw eats sausage pizza all week, doesn't exercise, is over weight, his levels are around 160.

Depends on the individual I guess. get a blood test, eat all the eggs you want, and have a follow-up 3 months later, that should give you your answer.