PDA

View Full Version : UD2

Davey.
05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I am confused about the part where lyle says 75% of protein, carb, fat, should be taken on thursday. Does he mean in the morning, before the workout in the pm?

So if I'm 200 lbs, I eat 200g protein other days, on thursday I am supposed to eat 150g protein, BUT my question is, should this 150g protein be split throughout the whole day (including the refeed in the pm) or is that protein to be eaten just in the morning?

Also, he says to do this diet for 8 weeks then take 3 weeks off before going back on it, why is that?

He also recommends taking 1g of carb per lbm after thurdays workout, so that to me is 200g. I have no idea how my body is going to react to that, so instead I am going to take 150g dextrose, is this a good idea?

I also have waxymaize, but I am going to be using that for refeeds, plus I have about 50lbs of dextrose that I'd like to use up instead of throwing away.

Davey.
05-14-2008, 12:38 PM
What do you guys put on your bagels to make them taste better while doing the refeed? Is cream cheese ok?

Gonzo
05-14-2008, 01:41 PM
By the time the Carb load comes which is on Friday morning for me after my workout. I am just happy to be eating some kind of carbs so I usually will have my first one with cream cheese then i usually have the other 5 plain.
I eat 6 of them up until lunch time which is about 300 g of carbs.
I like the bagels because they are easy to carry dont need to heat up just eat them!

I generally will also cook about 1.5 boxes of pasta and spread that out for the 1.5 days starting friday morning until sat at 12:00 that is another 500 g of carbs.

I also will have 2-3 robeks fruit shakes which is another 200 g of carbs
So the above i eat every friday I then mix in random food for the other 600-800 grams I change that up weekly depends on what I feel like eating .

mistergalarza
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
By the time the Carb load comes which is on Friday morning for me after my workout. I am just happy to be eating some kind of carbs so I usually will have my first one with cream cheese then i usually have the other 5 plain.
I eat 6 of them up until lunch time which is about 300 g of carbs.
I like the bagels because they are easy to carry dont need to heat up just eat them!

I generally will also cook about 1.5 boxes of pasta and spread that out for the 1.5 days starting friday morning until sat at 12:00 that is another 500 g of carbs.

I also will have 2-3 robeks fruit shakes which is another 200 g of carbs
So the above i eat every friday I then mix in random food for the other 600-800 grams I change that up weekly depends on what I feel like eating .

Aren't you supposed to limit the fruit carb intake?

Gonzo
05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
It says small amounts are recommended around 50g it says dont make your entire carb load around it thought.

I guess i could cut my shakes to 1-2 for now on

JSully
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
What do you guys put on your bagels to make them taste better while doing the refeed? Is cream cheese ok?

I eat them plain, bagels are so tasty..

You could also use sugarfree jam..

Progress
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I eat them plain, bagels are so tasty..

You could also use sugarfree jam..

I use FF and/or low fat cream cheese and my mom's homemade jam (which has sugar in it). Sugar is carbs!

JSully
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I use FF and/or low fat cream cheese and my mom's homemade jam (which has sugar in it). Sugar is carbs!

true, but I try to only have that stuff the first 3-4 hours after my workout.. I want the rest of the carb load to be clean so I get the best results..

cereal, milk, bagels and pasta.. that's about the extent of my carb load.. aside from the 1/2 gallon of powerade I consume the first 3 hours after my tension workout..

Slim Schaedle
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
As far as fruit...it is most often only half fructose.

So with a cup of blueberries being about 15g carbs, you are only getting about 7-8 grams fructose.

It should be very easy and safe to get the recommended daily fruit servings (according the ADA) while on UD2.