PDA

View Full Version : What can I drink with my food?

HighSchoolGuy
05-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm going on a very clean bulk. (currently 140lbs, going to consume 3000cals a day plus gainer shake). I was wondering what I can drink to wash down my eggs and chicken breasts and rice and tuna etc etc. If need be, I'll drink water. I've been drinking fruitopia and I really like it. 34g carbs and 32g sugar tho...
Any suggestions?

nhlfan
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
frutopia is crap imo...I'm not a big health food guy, but I won't drink it.

I drink milk with most of my meals. I mix it up between skim and 1%.

BFGUITAR
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
It's ok in moderation. I'm also not a big health food guy and I wont have it. If I want something sweet, I drink OJ.

HighSchoolGuy
05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I have 100% minutemade apple juice, but it still has 32g of sugar? Will that be okay?

nhlfan
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
that would be fine

Auburn
05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
You can get any number of low Calorie things to mix in with water (Crystal Light, Sugar Free Kool-Aid, etc.).

ray34iyf
05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Going on a completely "clean" bulk sounds good and all when you say it, but it's going to make absolutely no difference whether you eat all chicken and rice or if you eat a less strict diet of foods. The only thing that really matters is the amount of excess calories you're taking in over maintenance. So basically if you want to gain muscle and keep fat gains low, just eat a small amount of maintenance..just enough to support your training. Clean bulking is stupid...unfortunately I learned the hard way.

mistergalarza
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Going on a completely "clean" bulk sounds good and all when you say it, but it's going to make absolutely no difference whether you eat all chicken and rice or if you eat a less strict diet of foods. The only thing that really matters is the amount of excess calories you're taking in over maintenance. So basically if you want to gain muscle and keep fat gains low, just eat a small amount of maintenance..just enough to support your training. Clean bulking is stupid...unfortunately I learned the hard way.

Why is clean bulking stupid?