PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Burgers

WillNoble
05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Havent seen anything similar to this on here, so figured I would share. Came up with these at home and Ive really loved them.

1 lb. ground sirloin 97%
1 lb. ground turkey breast 98%
1 lb. ground bison 97%
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup BBQ Sauce (I prefer Stubbs or Sweet Baby Rays)
1 whole medium sized vidalia onion (rough chopped)

Thoroughly combine all contents in a large mixing bowl and then make into 1/2lb.- 3/4lb. patties, grill at a lower heat until med. well/well and then serve on a large toasted bun with a cold beer.

Give them a shot, can't recommend them enough.

Cirino83
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Why wouldn't you recommend them since you say you "loved them"?

???:confused:???

He said he can't recommend them enough....meaning he can't tell as many people about them as he would like. :hello:

EDIT: sounds really good, except maybe the bison. (never had it)

WillNoble
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Bison is similar to beef only its flavor is much much much better, and it has a better macronutrient profile.

Ben Moore
05-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Bison is leaner than beef on average.

This sounds good for the Maker's Mark challenge!!!

bill
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds good
I like grilling but seem to never get it quite right. Anyone got some good basic tips? lol
:confused: I've got the beer part down to a science?

BG5150
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
???:confused:???
I deleted my idiotic post.

I somehow read "enough" for "though"
:redface:

Indifference
05-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Look at all that MEAT! (lol)

**** has to be good!

ProLogic
05-22-2008, 11:04 PM
And Bison is really expensive..

WillNoble
05-25-2008, 02:42 PM
And Bison is really expensive..

False....

At Whole Foods market you can get it around 3.99$/lb. which is quite comparable to very lean beef

J.C.
05-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I made some burgers to take to a friend's Barbecue the other day, and I was confidently assured by many that they were the best burgers they'd ever eaten.

This sounds complicated but I love food and I love cooking :), so if you have a good herb and spice collection, feel free to replicate:
Organic mince
one whole egg
half an onion
two cloves garlic
one chopped dried chilli pepper (minus seeds)
a pinch of coriander seeds and a few cumin seeds, toasted and then ground up.
teaspoon coriander powder
two teaspoons red wine vinegar
a big pinch of dried oregano.
two fresh basil leaves.
Salt and lots of black pepper.
one slice of wholemeal bread, shredded into crumbs.

Oh yeah! :drooling:
They still didn't actually take that long to make, but were awesome. The chilli gave them a little bit of heat, the coriander, vinegar, oregano and basil made them taste pretty fresh and clean and a bit sweet. A nicely layered flavour.

Tasted good, fed me after exercise, and I impressed some girls. Result all round!

J.C.
05-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh by the way your idea of mixing the meat sounds great. I've never eaten Bison and I'm very intrigued. I don't know how available it is in the UK though...

Bendthe Bar
06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh by the way your idea of mixing the meat sounds great. I've never eaten Bison and I'm very intrigued. I don't know how available it is in the UK though...

Hey now, Ive seen quite a few female Bison roaming around the streets in the UK!! It wouldnt have been very lean meat though. :)