PDA

View Full Version : Elbow pain Question?

Erik 23
05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I have bad elbow pain i think from using bands and chains. Currently i use fish oil Glucosamine and usp labs supercissus.I Have read where other powerlifters use like sometype of Extra stregnth tendon musle rub type ointment and it supposedly helps. i was wondering what do some of you guys use for elbow pain. As far as supplements like i just mentioned and For that muscle rub stuff. is there a perticular product any one can reccomend to me? Also i wear elbow wraps that i bought from apt i used to didnt need them but every since i started using bands now i need them but ive came across a article on outlaw powerlifting forums where they say that wearing elbow sleeves and wraps can make it worse on your elbow joints what do you think?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
05-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I have bad elbow pain i think from using bands and chains. Currently i use fish oil Glucosamine and usp labs supercissus.I Have read where other powerlifters use like sometype of Extra stregnth tendon musle rub type ointment and it supposedly helps. i was wondering what do some of you guys use for elbow pain. As far as supplements like i just mentioned and For that muscle rub stuff. is there a perticular product any one can reccomend to me? Also i wear elbow wraps that i bought from apt i used to didnt need them but every since i started using bands now i need them but ive came across a article on outlaw powerlifting forums where they say that wearing elbow sleeves and wraps can make it worse on your elbow joints what do you think?

1). Reduce your volume
2). Ice elbow/tricep region after every bp workout for 20 minutes.
3). Use rubbing anti inflammatory ointment(Bio freeze or extra strength Bengay) immediately before & after workout.
4). Try 3-5 rep range instead of singles for awhile.
5). Ice your elbow/tricep region 1-day before your bp workout too.
6). Don't do bands & chains for awhile.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm

DrDudley-Robey
05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
It sounds like you may have Lateral epicondylitis, or tennis elbow, is a commonly encountered problem.

Try to rest the area some. No bands or chains at all for a while.

Linament is a good idea before workouts - I use FlexPower on my elbows which is a gradual heating, Try not to use linaments which make things cold.

Using over the counter NSAID's. Brand - Aleve or Generic -Naproxen sodium 220 mg (generic works as well as brand and is cheaper) with food (can be hard on the stomach) 2 hours before you workout will help also. Check with your MD to make sure it is ok for you to do this.

If these do not work - talk to your doctor about corticosteroid injections and a mabye a brace.

Feel Better

thewicked
05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
back off whatever you've been doing to irritate it.. .maybe even take a few days off and try a few things already suggested.

Two things i've found too to fight it off my right elbow is doing alot of prehab with VERY light tricep pressdowns and hammer curls. Both thos have done wonders for every elbow problem i've ever had by forcing oxygen right blood into the area giving me a pump (acts like an internal pressure bandage) and helping the healing process but flooding the area with all the goodies blood brings.

Iv'e also picked up a pair of the single ply elbow SLEEVEs..not wraps..from APT and LOVE them! Since the day I started benching with them, ZERO elbow issues. Definately worth looking into as well.