PDA

View Full Version : Drinking milk daily?

TomBo
05-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Hey guys,

I am of 17 yrs of age.

I drink full-fat milk daily, before i go to sleep.

Is it healthy, or is that too much milk?

Thanks.

MattBag
05-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Yea dude good question I usally have a protein shake with milk before i go to bed. Anybody think its bad to have milk before bed, or even have milk with protein shakes at all.

I know a couple of these polish girls who are all about like being healthy and stuff and they say that milk is one of the harshest thaings for your stomach because it coats your stomach and is bad for your colin or something... I think thats bs I've been havein milk with my cereal since i was a little kid and it aint skim its 2%.

eriatarka01
05-23-2008, 02:02 AM
i have learned to drink whole milk morning, afternoon, and night. i'm actually drinking milk right now. i'm 5 foot 6 inches and i gained 26 pounds (140-166) with minimal fat gain by drinking milk and eating healthily since february. drink an extra glass even.

Guido
05-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I drink 1/2 gallon per day and have been for years. As long as you are not lactose intolerant then there should be no issues.

Reko
05-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I am convinced milk is magical.
If I wasn't cutting it would be 1/2 to 1 gallon per day of whole milk. Easiest and most delicious way to get calories and protein. IMO anyway :) Like the others have said, if you aren't lactose intolerant nothing wrong with it. Whoel milk or 2% may give you a little more fat in your diet than you might like if you drink a lot of it (1/2 gal or more daily perhaps) but it won't be "bad" for you per se.

This might not fit logically or scientifically, but I don't care I think it's fitting:
The most growth most mammals experience is during their younger stages and their predominate source of calories and energy is milk. So i figure if its good enough to darn near consume on its own during the most important part of our life feeding wise, it must be pretty good!

MattBag
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Yea dude there is no way that milk can be bad for you, although these polish women are really good friends of mine they are the only people i ever hear complain about milk its probably cause they go on vegan cycles ocasionally. And Its funny cause they only met one time. I think all polish girls just have that theroy.

Guido
05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Yea dude there is no way that milk can be bad for you, although these polish women are really good friends of mine they are the only people i ever hear complain about milk its probably cause they go on vegan cycles ocasionally. And Its funny cause they only met one time. I think all polish girls just have that theroy.Don't know where they heard that, man. My wife is part-Polish and she LOVES milk!

RedSpikeyThing
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I know a couple of these polish girls who are all about like being healthy and stuff and they say that milk is one of the harshest thaings for your stomach because it coats your stomach and is bad for your colin or something... I think thats bs I've been havein milk with my cereal since i was a little kid and it aint skim its 2%.

Do they even know what their breasts are for?

Killa Kurt
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I drink a gallon + a day.

Reko
05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I am polish and milk is delicious and wonderful.
You need to introduce me to these polish girls! Keep the bloodline going!

FireRescue
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Yea dude there is no way that milk can be bad for you, although these polish women are really good friends of mine they are the only people i ever hear complain about milk its probably cause they go on vegan cycles ocasionally. And Its funny cause they only met one time. I think all polish girls just have that theroy.

Milk itself is not necessarily "bad" for you but the pasturization and homogonization make it not quite as "good" for you.

Max Thunder
05-25-2008, 06:39 PM
It's true that dairy coats the stomach to some degree, because its main protein, casein, tends to be very sticky. That's why casein is recommended before bed, its sticky nature makes its digestion slower.

For most people I don't think this causes any problem. The simpliest thing to do would be to go without dairy for a week or so and see if you feel any different. I know that I feel a bit better off dairy, but it is such a nice source of calories and nutrients that I keep eating it (high fat yogurt and cheese though, to avoid the high amount of carbs).

It can be a bit hard to go off dairy, opioid peptides produced during casein digestion have an addicting effect which is very strong on me. When completely avoiding dairy, my craving for it slowly diminishes over time, and when going back to it, at first it seems to taste not as good.

MattBag
05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
hell man im all about milk. I mix it with all my shakes and I would never dream of mixing them with anything else. I tried mixing n.oexplode with it and it tasted like crap but I mean its gvreat for anything but creatine I loved it and cheese to dairy is the ****