PDA

View Full Version : Milk?

Manveet
03-21-2002, 10:18 PM
Okay, a while back, I purchased a protein powder at a local nutrition store. The nutritionist asked me what beverage I was going to mix my protein in, of course, I said milk. Anyways the nutritionist gave me this big speel on how milk nowadays is not good anymore because they add all these weird chemicals to it when they pasturize it. She told me to mix it in Soy milk. In my mind I was like *pffft, whatever, I'll stick to my 2%*. Anyways, is what the nutritionist said true? Should I opt to drink Soy milk?

codei
03-21-2002, 10:40 PM
sounds like she's one of those crazy flower-smelling liberals that would also scream at you for eating meat. ignore her.

Sebi
03-21-2002, 10:51 PM
... and the prince kissed Snow White.

Man, you shouldn't belive everything you hear.

Budiak
03-21-2002, 11:49 PM
She's going to tell you about bovine hormone this and chemicals that.

If all that crap were true, from all the beef and cow products I've eaten, I'd be looooong dead. That milk has gotten you big, strong and healthy, right?

She probably waits until big guys buy protein powder so she can give her soy spiel and try to get you to buy that nasty ass zombie blood. Dont drink it, you'll become one of those...things.

Dont let her bite you. When she hits the floor, put one in her head, we dont want these things getting back up.

You two over there, check out the house.

Mystic Eric
03-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Actually, little cackerot and some people have debated about this before. I rememeber that cackerot was very anti-milk. He did give out some good evidence that milk is bad; however, I'll still drink it. No way in hell would I ever replace my milk with soy drink.

LiftAgain
03-22-2002, 03:41 AM
Milk is :thumbup:

Dorian99
03-22-2002, 04:00 AM
I have also heard of different views that milk can upset the nutriants in the protein powder, don't know how true it is though, have you tried just water?? Taste like **** at first then you get used to it over time..

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-22-2002, 08:23 AM
Protein can hinder calcium absorbtion usually, but with milk there is a syngery of uptake cause of the lactose. Adding more protein to milk may upset this synergy and you may not get as much calcium from the milk.

Other than lactose not being the greatest of carb sources, milk is ok.

Tryska
03-22-2002, 08:31 AM
drink organic. then you don't have ot worry about the concerns of antibiotics and hormones etc, etc.

RussianRocket
03-22-2002, 04:59 PM
MILK DOES BODY GOOD...

IceRgrrl
03-22-2002, 05:02 PM
I like real milk....soy milk scares me :eek:

Titan
03-23-2002, 12:00 PM
my profile
|
|
|
V

Sebi
03-23-2002, 06:53 PM
:scratch:

Manveet
03-23-2002, 07:08 PM
What's the confusion for Sebi?

Sebi
03-23-2002, 07:12 PM
What's Titan's profile?

Manveet
03-23-2002, 07:14 PM
I think he's talkin bout his quote

Sebi
03-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Ah. Sorry, I've turned it off. I can't see any. *lol*

The Calvinator
03-24-2002, 09:28 AM
I worked at a "health food store" over the summer and all of the employees there push the soy milk like its going to cure our national debt in an hour. If you are worried about the hormones and that stuff, they are stored in the fat cells of the milk. Honestly, milk is just so much better, i use skim, but that is my preferance. And yes, one of the girls i was working with was one of those vegans who did smell flowers all day. GO MILK!!!

body
03-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by RussianRocket
MILK DOES "BODY" GOOD...

it does do me good.

i like milk, it may not be the best source of carbs.
but milk is cheap, convient(no cooking etc), I like the taste.

as for calcuim intkae with high protien diet, milk is high in calcuim, most of us take mineral supp anyway.

soya milk is loaded with toxins, aks tryksa she often said lots of bad things about soya.
plus the women will make more profit from soya than milk, maybe thats a incentive.

BTW - pasturize is a heat treatment, the antiobotics, growth hormones they give to cows, is given while the cow. not added to the milk.

with pasturisation the milk will be heated to tmep X for X seconds. thats all that means. they can add hormones etc to non-pasturised milk or UHT milk as well. organinc milk will not have either, but be far more expensive as a result.

Manipul8r
03-24-2002, 10:44 AM
TREE HUGGER@!@!!!

Milk is ACE, drink half gallon a day. YUM!@

Big Show
03-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
No way in hell would I ever replace my milk with soy drink.

I agree with you.Although to me Soy Milk taste about the same I will still stick with classic milk