PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this a cheat?

TrainedApe
05-24-2008, 02:10 PM
A dinner size parfait with a whole lot of fruit (I'm talking like an entire bowl filled to the brim), dannon strawberry yogurt, and granola. Would you consider it a cheat?

StrongAsHell
05-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes. What about this being a ton of sugar and fat do you not understand? If you are on a strict diet for a show, that is definitely a cheat meal.

bjohnso
05-25-2008, 02:44 PM
What's a parfait? If the meal fits into your macros, then it is not a cheat IMO.

Max Thunder
05-25-2008, 04:42 PM
A parfait is basically a sundae.

bjohnso
05-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh. Well then yes, I would consider it a cheat. Lol.

beachmuscles
05-25-2008, 05:34 PM
What's a parfait? If the meal fits into your macros, then it is not a cheat IMO.

I never understand when people say this...So if a Philly cheese steak fits into my macros, it's perfectly fine? I can have a hot dog everyday, and stay shredded?

bjohnso
05-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm not terribly well-read in the intricacies of diet, but for us non-pros my understanding is that it would not matter much. Why would it? A philly cheese-steak has fat, carbs and protein, just like anything else.

Am I wrong? Anecdotally, I'm fairly loose with my diet compared to what I have been, and I'm losing weight (fat) and still slowly gaining strength.

I think we put too much time into worrying about this stuff. I think a lot of it (not all of it) is psychological.