PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to get/stay lean?

beachmuscles
05-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I read read read and read more articles/threads about diets, etc. I still never understood what it takes to be lean...Not just your typical cuts, and slightly visible abs. Is it the food choices? Is it just dropping weight and more weight?

Like for example can I get as shredded as someone who is eating mahi mahi and aspragus and brown rice for dinner vs. me drinking muscle milk rtd's and subway subs if our ratios/calories are the same? Or does food choices make the big difference?

RhodeHouse
05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
You know the answer. Is fresh fish and vegetables better than processed food and packaged protein?

CrazyK
05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
I read read read and read more articles/threads about diets, etc. I still never understood what it takes to be lean...Not just your typical cuts, and slightly visible abs. Is it the food choices? Is it just dropping weight and more weight?

Like for example can I get as shredded as someone who is eating mahi mahi and aspragus and brown rice for dinner vs. me drinking muscle milk rtd's and subway subs if our ratios/calories are the same? Or does food choices make the big difference?Calories with enough protein. The Carb:Fat ratio is personal preference imo.