PDA

View Full Version : 70 calories over

TrainedApe
05-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey, I've been undercalculating my calorie intake by 70 calories each day. Will I gain weight by doing this for two weeks?:confused:

thanks

Bob
05-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Theorically... Do the math...
70 x 14 days = ????
3500 calories = 1 lb...

Otherwise... only the scale will tell

Torrok
05-26-2008, 02:08 PM
28% of A pound, yes.... your going to become OBESE

JustLost
05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
There's probably more error than that in the average daily calorie count anyway. The number given for caloies in various foods are average and approximate, so 100 calories for a banana or whatever is never right on the money.

In other words, don't worry about it.

Irish Pilot
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey, I've been undercalculating my calorie intake by 70 calories each day. Will I gain weight by doing this for two weeks?:confused:

thanks

Only you can know how accurate your calorie requirement is. Its possible you are underestimating your exercise-calorie burn during the day as well. 70 cals doesnt seem like much to me considering the margin of error in cals burned for a given body.

dogsoldier
05-27-2008, 09:19 PM

thanks

You will burn in hell for this, sir. :whip:

The real question is how are you tracking your food intake? You you weigh everything you eat? The idea is not to be dead nutz on, you can't be, too many variables, and I am assuming you don't have a laboratory to analyze everything you eat. The tables in most diet books are based on charts from the FDA and Department of Agriculture. And these are based on averages. Watch your scale, it will tell you of you are eating too much. Use the calorie counters as a guide, not gospel.