PDA

View Full Version : Nightime shake while cutting???

orscrubs
05-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I just started working out again after not working out for about 4 years. I'm 28 years old, weigh 168lbs, 5'8", and am at about 19% body fat. When I used to workout years ago I was at about 8% body fat....so as you can see I've gained a considerable amount of body fat. This is a a breakdown of the diet which I began yesterday:

7am: Oatmeal or Fiber cereal
9:30am: small peanut butter sandwich with one slice of 100% whole wheat bread
11:30am: Lunch- salad with either one can of tuna or chicken breast
2pm: yogurt and peanuts
4:30pm: bowl of shredded wheat, fiber cereal
6:30pm: 1 hour workout (one bodypart per workout, working out at least 4 times a week) with 15-20min of cardio
8:00pm: can of tuna
11:00pm: bedtime
***Drinks at all meals are either water or green tea

My main goal right now is not really to bulk up but to shed body fat and cut up while building up my strength. I was thinking of taking a shake right before bed at 11pm. I was thinking of just mixing about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with about 10 oz of soy milk...? what do you guys think of this type of shake? Would the shake at bedtime prevent me from cutting up? Are the ingredients in the shake sufficient or would I need to buy a protein shake supplement? The reason I am trying to stay away from a commercial protein shake supplement is because I feel it would be harder for me to cut up with the increased protein intake...what do you guys think? How's my diet?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

BFGUITAR
05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Why not use regular milk? I would rather drink milk sugar than the stuff they add, unless your allergic/intolerant.

A shake before bed is fine, it mostly depends on your daily calories.

From your diet it seems your not getting enough protein. Calculate your carbs, fats, and protein on www.fitday.com and show it to us again.

MattBag
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I drink shakes before bed all the time i think its pretty important. But I make sure its somewhat digested before i sleep so i give atleast an hour to two hours after i drink it before i go to bed.