PDA

View Full Version : Best Split/Routine to Train Consecutive Days? Push/Pull, Upper/Lower, ME/DE?

collin44
05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
What would be the best split that would allow me to work out 3-4 consecutive days a week? I travel for work almost every week and most of the time its out in the boonies with no gym access so I need a split where I can work out every day that I am in town or have access to a gym on the road.

I am currently using Rippetoe's Starting Strength so I don't think I would benefit by squatting heavy and working my back heavy 4 days in a row. My current stats are Bench: 205x5 Dead: 295x5 Squat: 275x5.

These are the options I think I have:

Push/Pull

Upper/Lower

ME/DE

Stick with S.S. even on consecutive days

Any suggestions, routines, alternatives, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Szust
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
4 consecutive days? I'm working a 4 day split right now, once a week. I go Maximal Effort everyday when lifting.

Day 1: Chest/Tris
Day 2: Quads and Hams
Day 3: Back/Biceps
Day 4: Middle Delts/Traps/Calves

RhodeHouse
05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Workout 1
-Squat
-RDL
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 2
-Bench
-Rows
-Incline
-Lat Pulldowns

Workout 3
-Deadlift
-Lunge/Step-ups
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 4
-Military Press
-Pull-ups
-CG Bench
-Rows

You can do Triceps and Biceps on the upper body days if you want to.

collin44
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Workout 1
-Squat
-RDL
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 2
-Bench
-Rows
-Incline
-Lat Pulldowns

Workout 3
-Deadlift
-Lunge/Step-ups
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 4
-Military Press
-Pull-ups
-CG Bench
-Rows

You can do Triceps and Biceps on the upper body days if you want to.

This looks like an awesome routine thanks a lot! What sort of set/rep scheme would you recommend?

RhodeHouse
05-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd use the BFS for the squat, bench, deadlift, and military press

Week 1 5x5
Week 2 5x3
Week 3 5, 3, 1
Week 4 10, 8, 6

For everything else I'd use 3-4x10

collin44
05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks a lot, I am going to start this tonight!

Adam
05-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Rhodes split looks real good, the only issue you might have is recovery near the end, easy way to get around that is NOT going to failure too much.
I've done something similar before (cause of work like you) and Had nice results

RhodeHouse
05-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Rhodes split looks real good, the only issue you might have is recovery near the end, easy way to get around that is NOT going to failure too much.
I've done something similar before (cause of work like you) and Had nice results

That's not my training split. Just a suggestion. It should be a rule of thumb NOT to train to failure. Training to failure trains you to fail. You should always hit an easy, but strong set to finish your work. Less is more, to some degree.