PDA

View Full Version : Should I cycle off my supplements?

EightNTheBox
05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Hello, I'm an O-Lineman for a D3 school entering my senior year. I've been taking more supplements than I ever have, and I've had people tell me that it's probably good for my body to cycle off for a week to three to optimize results/refresh my body. Is this true/false?

Even if its true should I still do it considering I have to be at the max of my ability at the end of August?

Also, to note I am taking NO-Explode and SHOT alternating days, Protein post, creatine pills pre and creatine supplement post. I have no clue if I am destroying my body or what, but I feel as though I'm getting bigger and stronger even though my internal organs often hate me (like today when I forgot to eat for 5 hours + pre workout and took supplements listed).

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum as well.

PhilsterT
05-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I would.

thewicked
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
first check and see what you're allowed to be taking anyway because some schools both highschool and college around here don't even allow elevated caffiene levels in players systems anymore. But when it come sto protien, creatine, etc. If you cycle off them, though i'm not sure why you would, you wouldn't get the recovery when not training you would when you were on them.

unless you're juicing or taking prohormones...cycling supplements is about pointless imho.