PDA

View Full Version : Looking to gain muscle and lose weight!

Ragana
05-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Alright here is some background info on me before I start babbling. I am 18 years old, 6'0 and weight 260lb.

I am looking to get down to around 220lb and yet still build muscle while I am losing weight. My friend suggested protein so I will be picking up some of that later today.

Here are a few questions I have:

1- What kind of workouts should I do and how often( I got access to a gym as well)

2- What sort of supplements should I buy and when to take them( before, after, etc.. workout)

3- What kind of food should I be eating( Can I get examples like Chicken Breast, Carrot, etc... I don't understand all the nutrition stuff well)

I know I am asking a lot, but, if someone would help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Torrok
05-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Alright here is some background info on me before I start babbling. I am 18 years old, 6'0 and weight 260lb.

I am looking to get down to around 220lb and yet still build muscle while I am losing weight. My friend suggested protein so I will be picking up some of that later today.

Here are a few questions I have:

1- What kind of workouts should I do and how often( I got access to a gym as well)

2- What sort of supplements should I buy and when to take them( before, after, etc.. workout)

3- What kind of food should I be eating( Can I get examples like Chicken Breast, Carrot, etc... I don't understand all the nutrition stuff well)

I know I am asking a lot, but, if someone would help me out, I would really appreciate it!

first off if your going to gain muscle your going to gain weight...yeah..

1. protein doesnt make you loose weight, or make you buff. so dont get excited
2. try the routines suggested on this site, look em up
3. dont take supplements, only protein powder is really all you need if you need anything
4. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565&highlight=bodybuilder+eats eat this stuff
5. your going to have to either cut or bulk, you make the decision. if you think you have to much fat right now, cut, if you want to gain muscle, then bulk. you will gain more fat with the bulk tho so keep that in mind. if you dont know what these are then look around on the site.

good luck

Ragana
05-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Alright, If I am cutting weight should I be taking protein or just following a strict diet?

What kind of workouts should I be doing and how often?

VikingWarlord
05-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Dude, just read all the stickies in all the forums, specifically the one at the top of this forum called <<< BodyBuilding & Weight Lifting FAQ - LOOK HERE before asking questions >>>. Then when you have specific questions, ask them. Your questions are far too general. If you want help, be willing to help yourself.

Torrok
05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Alright, If I am cutting weight should I be taking protein or just following a strict diet?

What kind of workouts should I be doing and how often?

ill just tell you.

go on google or somthing and look up "maintainance calories"
once you figure out your M.C. you can decide there, eating more than your m.c. makes ya gain weight, eating less makes you loose weight. pretty simple. so if your cutting you want to eat 300-500 below m.c.
yes eat foods from the list thats on the link i gave you, eat your lean proteins. your goal here is to preserve muscle while loosing fat. after that you can start bulking and gaining muscle