PDA

View Full Version : Gear (Suits) - First Timer

fooz
05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm interested in getting a suit. I really don't know anything on it. That being said, can i use one suit for bench, squat, and deadlift? If so, what suit should i be looking into? I really wanna see how much i can get out of it, compared to my raw lifts. Thanks all.

jtteg_x
06-01-2008, 02:14 AM
there are different suits for the squat and deadlift. i have heard of some folks using squat suits for deads and vice versa. bench shirts are strictly used for flat bb benching, none else. i suggest researching more on powerlifting equipment before making a purchase. are you planning on competing?

fooz
06-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Yes, I plan on competing when i get older, what suits do you recommend for flat bench? I'll be most concerned about that for right now.

Rob Luyando
06-01-2008, 06:45 AM
If you are a beginner I woud start out with the basics. Inzer Hardcore Single Ply Quat Suit, Rage X single Ply, Max DL single ply. Find an exsperienced lifter in your area to train with and learn proper form.

fooz
06-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks alot rob! :thumbup:

fooz
06-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Well, i'm looking at Inzer bench shirts. What beginner shirt would you recommend from them? Or possibly a different company?

Detard
06-01-2008, 10:13 AM
My first squat suit was and still is a Metal v-type squatter. I use it to pull in too and its great. My first bench shirt will be an Titan f6 or a fury.

douglasoh5
06-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I agree with rob on the suit chooses, but I think an f6 is a little easier to use and better for a starter...or a reg phenom

Rusty
06-01-2008, 11:00 AM
My first squat suit was and still is a Metal v-type squatter. I use it to pull in too and its great. My first bench shirt will be an Inzer f6 or a fury.

You know the F6 and Fury are made by Titan and not Inzer, right? :hello:

fooz
06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
So i'm 5'6 168 - 170 lbs. Should i get a suit that fits my weight, or am i suppose to go a few sizes smaller?

douglasoh5
06-01-2008, 02:59 PM
i would say if you go with the hardcore get a size 32. it will be tight when you first use it but the material will stretch some.....if you pull sumo you can just use it to deadlift. I think the hardcore is better for sumo than the max dl....if your doing conv then just it the same size......and for the bench shirt if you go with a titan f6/fury go with chest size....if ya get a rage x chest size plus 2 and the phenom is shoulder size.....in all reality this **** will be too big but since your just geting into it it will be fine.

f-rider
06-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Another good thing about the HC is it will stretch out if you decide to go up in weight. I used my size 32 from 165 all the way to 206 pounds. And yes, it is a great suit for sumo! Find some training partners, or at least get a good spotter for when you first put on equipment, especially a bench shirt.

Detard
06-02-2008, 04:59 AM
You know the F6 and Fury are made by Titan and not Inzer, right? :hello:

Hahha I could have sworn I typed Titan.