PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nitor????

dgshammer3
06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I have just ordered Nitor so it should be coming in about a couple days. I have read nothing but good things about it, but I have a question about anyone what knows about it or has taken it. I just graduated from HS and will be playing footballat Wisconsin Whitewater next year. In a week or so I'll be starting a vigorious speed training program 4 times a week, which will be held in the morning. Nitor will obviously speed up my heart rate. I am curious if it would be safe to take a pill of Nitor before the speed training in the morning?

Travis Bell
06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
so long ask you keep up your fluid intake I don't think that will be a problem at all - assuming you've never had heart problems before?

Chris will chime in here I'm sure and he'll know but I really dont' think it'll be a problem. Try and get the pill in an hour or 1 1/2 prior to training as it takes a little while for it to kick in

Lones Green
06-01-2008, 03:45 PM
i don't think it should be a problem, but like travis said, chris will chime in.

if it means anything, i've taken 3 pills right after waking up, and 3 pills before my workout around 10 am. i train westside, and i'm sure my heart rate shoots up there...i'm 300 lbs

getb1g
06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I agree travis and lones.

chris mason
06-02-2008, 06:06 AM
I think Travis' answer was excellent. It also depends upon how sensitive you are to stimulants. Finally, for once you are in college double check to see if anything in Nitor will be a problem with the NCAA.

Chris

randommetalguy
06-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Being a former DII NCAA baseball player we got the illegal substances talk 3 times a year. They always told us that caffine "in high amounts" will cause you to test positive in a drug test. I know "in high amounts" is vague and I don't know the amount of grams or mgs you could consume in a day without testing positive. They always told us you wouldn't test positive if you drank a lot of soda or coffee, they were referring to caffine in fat burners and diet pills.

To be on the safe side you might want to talk with your coach or athletic trainer to get more specifics on the subject. If you are caught with any illegal substance you have to sit out one whole year from the day of the test just something I thought I'd pass on.

Congrats on being an NCAA athlete.

Travis Bell
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
good post bro, thanks for your input!

dgshammer3
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
That scares me a bit. There's no second chances with drug testing, as in if I tested positive and showed them what I was taking, and them letting me test again in a week or so to show them thats why I came up positive? Also, exactly how long would it take the stuff in Nitor to get out of your body. We don't start camp unitl August 8th or so, so would taking a bottle or two of this stuff still show up then?

Also, has anyone ever witnessed someone testing postive because of a fat burner?

randommetalguy
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
In our conference, every school was tested once every two years. It was random too. 5 girls all from one team and 5 guys all from one team would get tested. We didn't get tested in 04 or 05 but we got tested in 06 and 07. In 06it was softball and men's basketball and in 07 it was baseball and women's basketball.

How long it takes to get out of your system those are questions better asked to your trainer. Your trainer should also be able to give you a list of the banned substances (I think they are required by the NCAA).

No one from my school tested positive for anything. Most people were worried about testing positive for weed because if you went to a party and someone was doing it and you inhaled second hand you could test positive.

Your school may have an in house drug testing policy, my school is implementing one in the fall of 08. It won't come from the NCAA it will be conducted by the school itself to test for alcohol, recreational drugs, etc.

During my playing days I only took a protein supplement and some creatine to be sure that I wouldn't test positive in case we got selected.

Travis Bell
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
well as far as I understand it, the caffine is really the only thing you need to be concerned about. That could stay in your system for up to 12hrs unless I'm mistaken. So to answer your question, taking it now would not make you test dirty when you get to camp. that said though, if you're not planning on taking it during training camp is it going to do you much good? Maybe you're just looking for something to jump start your trainin then this would probably do it.

I gotta be honest though, I find it hard to believe if you took 2 or 3 nitor a day that its going to make you test dirty for caffine. Just drink lots of water. Talk to your school trainer though. He's going to have the bottom line for you

dgshammer3
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
thanks... appreciate it