PDA

View Full Version : Another Bench Press Video

Erik 23
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Here is another Bench Video For you guys.I tried to Bench with out the Elbow wraps but just sleeves and it hurt like heck on 425 i barely got the third rep cause it was a constant pain.So i wrapped it and did 440lbs and because it felt better the weight went up easier Any way here is the links i tried what you guys said tried to stay tight keep my elbows under the bar and controlled better i did it with lighter weight today here it is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlbXcPiSHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV23uPdmgmE

Travis Bell
06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Muuuuch better. On the elbows though, if they hurt that bad, you need to ice them. Take Ibuprofen as well. Get those feeling better. Much better reps today

whats with this though?
:tuttut:

Beast Genetics
06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Good lifts man, step it up next time with the elbows wrapped looks like the 440 went up easy.

Lones Green
06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
liniments do wonders as well!

Erik 23
06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Muuuuch better. On the elbows though, if they hurt that bad, you need to ice them. Take Ibuprofen as well. Get those feeling better. Much better reps today

whats with this though?

Thanx for the Response travis Oh I just thought it looked funny LoL:ninja:

TankOfTeamStone
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
good job man, a lot better control and locking out the reps. now gradually work your grip out to middle to index finger on rings

chris mason
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I agree, MUCH better reps! That is the way to do it Erik!

If your elbows are that much of a problem you need to rest them. I also think you should give our ETS a try. It will probably help them.

Finally, I agree about moving your grip out a bit. You need to do it very gradually as the other fellow suggested.

Chris

Eric Downey
06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Whata diference a day makes. Grest lifts. Your elbows hurts i think is do to your hands being so close using so much tri on the bench and not enough shoulders, back and chest that you'll get when you hands are wider, and using more muscle groups means lifting more weight. Keep up the good work.

smokinHawk
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
my that is a close grip, were are your finger spacing at relative to the bar rings? in looks like your index is on the inside ring
also how tall are you or handspan length?
not bad doing 425x2 and 440x1 close grip.

slowly move it out and your bench will go up, my bench moved up 10-15lbs just from moving it an inch, as i know place my pinkies on the outside ring.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Elbow pain:

1). Reduce your volume
2). Ice elbow/tricep region after every bp workout for 20 minutes.
3). Use rubbing anti inflammatory ointment(Bio freeze or extra strength Bengay) immediately before & after workout.
4). Try 3-5 rep range instead of singles for awhile.
5). Ice your elbow/tricep region 1-day before your bp workout too.
6). ETS

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm

Rob Luyando
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
whats with this though?

Man I was thinking the same thing. Erik you are young and have a lot to learn. This board has years of exsperience to offer at no cost to you and everyone else. Don't ever disrespect the lifters that are helping you out or that help will come to a standstill fast! I am not sponsored by this board I spend time here because of my passion for the sport. Don't ruin a good thing with inmature antics.

fooz
06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
hey nice press erik, i just realized i was the one who commented on your other youtube video. What coincedence. :)

Chubrock
06-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Man I was thinking the same thing. Erik you are young and have a lot to learn. This board has years of exsperience to offer at no cost to you and everyone else. Don't ever disrespect the lifters that are helping you out or that help will come to a standstill fast! I am not sponsored by this board I spend time here because of my passion for the sport. Don't ruin a good thing with inmature antics.

What got edited out?

Erik 23
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM

First off thank you all for the comments and Help you all have given me and to you Rob I have Much Respect to you Travis Bell king kong all of the lifters that have commented on my videos good or bad too give me advice.I Did not put this up because of you all i was just looking at the smilies and put that one up, i am in no way Tryna act immature and i am not coming to this site To Act Immature i am a grown man Who loves Powerlifting as much as you or anyone on this board, if i offended you or anyone else i appologize. You took this the wrong way offending any one is the last thing i would try to do I just thought it looked funny thats all.I come to this board for the Proffesionalism of the Lifters on here there's not any drama on here as there is on other sites so i like this board and if things like this offend you or any one else i will not put it back up I realize this is a goldmine of info and i am Here to get as much knowledge as i can from you guys I am a very humble Lifter Rob And again i meant no disrespect man im sorry if you took it that way but i didnt mean anything by it Thanx for The advice and tips you have given me, I do realize that you Dont have to post Here on this board that you do it Because you love it same here I love this sport too. I am fairly new too it But i will keep posting here and getting advice from you guys Again i Highly Respect all of you guys you guys are Very Dedicated Hungry for knowledge and Are Some of the strongest lifters in the world Again please accept my sincerest apologies.

fooz
06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Why are people getting mad over smileys? I'm to immature to understand. BTW, long sentences there bud. It seems like your very respectable.

Eric Downey
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah Rob makes a good point with the years. Ill break it down. Rob Travis myself alone. Then Ihave direct contact with Jesse Kellum, Rob Bill Carp. And Kenny Patterson, Travis Halbert and Wolfe. What a board to be on. All we need is some Big Iron representation and man where else would you need to go.

Travis Bell
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
First off thank you all for the comments and Help you all have given me and to you Rob I have Much Respect to you Travis Bell king kong all of the lifters that have commented on my videos good or bad too give me advice.I Did not put this up because of you all i was just looking at the smilies and put that one up, i am in no way Tryna act immature and i am not coming to this site To Act Immature i am a grown man Who loves Powerlifting as much as you or anyone on this board, if i offended you or anyone else i appologize. You took this the wrong way offending any one is the last thing i would try to do I just thought it looked funny thats all.I come to this board for the Proffesionalism of the Lifters on here there's not any drama on here as there is on other sites so i like this board and if things like this offend you or any one else i will not put it back up I realize this is a goldmine of info and i am Here to get as much knowledge as i can from you guys I am a very humble Lifter Rob And again i meant no disrespect man im sorry if you took it that way but i didnt mean anything by it Thanx for The advice and tips you have given me, I do realize that you Dont have to post Here on this board that you do it Because you love it same here I love this sport too. I am fairly new too it But i will keep posting here and getting advice from you guys Again i Highly Respect all of you guys you guys are Very Dedicated Hungry for knowledge and Are Some of the strongest lifters in the world Again please accept my sincerest apologies.

It's cool man. you do have to be a tad careful at times with the smilies because they can convey a point that you didn't intend to. Just like what happened here. It appeared as if you were giving the finger to us because you did some good reps. I realize now that wasn't your intent and appreciate your response. Keep postin vids and keep doing reps like this and you'll be on the right track.

Erik 23
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
It's cool man. you do have to be a tad careful at times with the smilies because they can convey a point that you didn't intend to. Just like what happened here. It appeared as if you were giving the finger to us because you did some good reps. I realize now that wasn't your intent and appreciate your response. Keep postin vids and keep doing reps like this and you'll be on the right track.

Hi Travis Thanx for the response no i didnt know it looked like i was giving the finger that thought never crossed my mind i would never ask for help from you guys and then disrespect you guys i have a lot of respect for you guys and i am Honored to be able to talk to you guys and get tips i didnt know thats what that looked like i just thought it looked funny i didnt pay to close attention to it but now that i look at it more closely i see where you all might have gotten that idea again my Apologies guys i meant no disrespect.Thanx again Travis and the rest of you guys i really appreciate all your help i am taking all your tips to heart and i feel confident that my benching will greatly improve in the next couple weeks because of it.And to Chris mason i will have to give your Ets Product a try ive been reading some of the testimonies it seems like a great product

Rob Luyando
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
All is cool. I wasn't offended but thought it was imature to give us all the bird. I am just making a point about respect. If you look around a lot of the site your not going to find many big name lifters giving out advice. When I need advice I have to run up my phone bill. And thats only because the guys I go to got fed up with the b/s on the internet and refuse to post.

As for the ETS. I have tried this product and its as good as they come.

Erik 23
06-04-2008, 08:19 PM
All is cool. I wasn't offended but thought it was imature to give us all the bird. I am just making a point about respect. If you look around a lot of the site your not going to find many big name lifters giving out advice. When I need advice I have to run up my phone bill. And thats only because the guys I go to got fed up with the b/s on the internet and refuse to post.

Hi Rob thanx for the post I understand the point you were trying to make I didnt mean that in that way i would never try to disrespect you guys in that way.I understand about showing respect to the guys before you and who have years in the game.and i am honored to be able to come on here and get help and tips from you guys.I understand about the interenet stuff thats why i come here because it is a great board everyone is respectful and there is no trash talking and stuff here so i love coming to this board. I know i thought id read somewhere that your friends with like Ryan kennelly man you gotta have gotten some great advice from him and other top lifters Anyway thanx for the response Rob Hope lifting is going well and im looking forward to seeing you compete again Take care.Oh also i will try the ETS if you and travis and all of you guys use Atlarges stuff its gotta be good.

Eric Downey
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM

I know what you mean Rob. In the last year Ive spent a few hours on the phone with Kenny and Wolfe head scratching my own bench troubles. Countless lunches with Caminita and my crew.

thewicked
06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I agree, MUCH better reps! That is the way to do it Erik!

If your elbows are that much of a problem you need to rest them. I also think you should give our ETS a try. It will probably help them.

Finally, I agree about moving your grip out a bit. You need to do it very gradually as the other fellow suggested.

Chris

that's the first thing i noticed was the grip... i'd say move it out a finger or two and give it a try. Everyting that time looked SOLID my friend! Talk about night and day difference. I'd go with what travis suggested as well and ice those elbows...and do alot of light weight pressdowns and hammer curls to keep the blood and fluid pressure built up in them to act as a natural pressure bandage along with flooding it with oxygen and nutrient rich blood to speed up the healing process.

As far as the ETS recommendation.. ETS is a godsend. I got off it for about a week and noticed a pretty big difference just to check and make sure it wasn't in my head. I went from zero DOMS the next day to having it go two and somtimes three days after a workout. NOT FUN!

Erik 23
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
that's the first thing i noticed was the grip... i'd say move it out a finger or two and give it a try. Everyting that time looked SOLID my friend! Talk about night and day difference. I'd go with what travis suggested as well and ice those elbows...and do alot of light weight pressdowns and hammer curls to keep the blood and fluid pressure built up in them to act as a natural pressure bandage along with flooding it with oxygen and nutrient rich blood to speed up the healing process.

As far as the ETS recommendation.. ETS is a godsend. I got off it for about a week and noticed a pretty big difference just to check and make sure it wasn't in my head. I went from zero DOMS the next day to having it go two and somtimes three days after a workout. NOT FUN!

Thanx for the Advice my friend, i havent been doing hammer curls in about a few months but i might have to add these to my training if they help with the tendon and joint problems ive been having i do do the Pressdowns i have tried the ice but it dosent seem to help much i mean it numbs the arm a little but i noticed the pain seems to be deep inside my lower tricep area right above my elbow i have it in both arms but my left arm seems to be the worst i felt pain from locking that weight out with out the wraps on i plan on going to the doctor pretty soon though so im hoping he can prescribe me something to get it healed up.I will try to move my fingers out atleast a finger at a time and see how it feels i always seemed to bench close i think i use more triceps then anything i just started even training my shoulders recently so i dont think im using too much delts and stuff. thanx for the response.

chris mason
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Rob brings up a great point.

It has been my primary goal to really build our powerlifting forums up to being the best on the net. The best being defined as having the best lifters in the world (well, those who like to use computers :)) post on our forums and be accessible to our site members for both inspiration and advice.

I know exactly how Rob and some of the guys he is referring to feel about online message boards and it is my primary goal to make Wbb different. Vincent and I had a PM discussion about this just the other day.

So, to all of our top tier lifters and pros, please stay and know that I will do everything I can to make this place an online home.

For our general members, please realize the unique opportunity you have with the great athletes who are here posting right along with you. Show them the respect they deserve and pick their brains for all they are worth! :)

jed
06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
your elbows are hurtin ya? if these pro's think it could be anything like tendonitis then i suggest askin ur doc to give you some Naproxen. i have tendonitis in both elbows and have been on this perscription stuff for 2 years and it works wonders and when i dont use it trust me i can tell...

that rep look really solid. your grips real narrow but i feel wrong telling a guy that benches twice as much as me how to do stuff... your a strong guy!! awesome job.

Erik 23
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
your elbows are hurtin ya? if these pro's think it could be anything like tendonitis then i suggest askin ur doc to give you some Naproxen. i have tendonitis in both elbows and have been on this perscription stuff for 2 years and it works wonders and when i dont use it trust me i can tell...

that rep look really solid. your grips real narrow but i feel wrong telling a guy that benches twice as much as me how to do stuff... your a strong guy!! awesome job.
Hi thanx for the response i will keep this in mind i will ask the doctor about this Medication if it can help me get rid of this pain then it is well worth finding out about.Thank you for the compliment and dont feel bad i appreciate your feedback rather you are lifting 300 or 600 lbs we are all Lifters and i never feel like i get to the point where i know it all or else i wouldnt be here I am constantly learning just like you something you may know that i dont that can take my lifts to the next level and vice versa thanx again

Rob brings up a great point.

It has been my primary goal to really build our powerlifting forums up to being the best on the net. The best being defined as having the best lifters in the world (well, those who like to use computers :)) post on our forums and be accessible to our site members for both inspiration and advice.

I know exactly how Rob and some of the guys he is referring to feel about online message boards and it is my primary goal to make Wbb different. Vincent and I had a PM discussion about this just the other day.

So, to all of our top tier lifters and pros, please stay and know that I will do everything I can to make this place an online home.

For our general members, please realize the unique opportunity you have with the great athletes who are here posting right along with you. Show them the respect they deserve and pick their brains for all they are worth! :)
Well said Chris i am Happy to be here as i am sure all the other lifters that are on here are. This site is different from other sites as it is really a good information site, no drama just mutual respect and dedicated Lifters Youre doing a great job.

Ben Moore
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Grab the ETS - your elbows will thank you. Great product!

Looking much better big man.

Erik 23
06-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Grab the ETS - your elbows will thank you. Great product!

Looking much better big man.

Ill try it Thanx for the response

Plyo-Solidity
06-05-2008, 04:51 AM
That was great lifting. You make 400+ look easy. I wanna see a video posted by you of you doing double your bodyweight within 1 year.

fooz
06-05-2008, 07:30 AM

Can i get that **** for my rotator cuff/shoulders?

Rob Luyando
06-05-2008, 07:55 AM
As for the elbow pain. I think you have relied on support of wraps to long. Ice the **** out of them and slowly back down the wrapping of the elbows and elbows sleeves till you can handle no support. Get a good heat liniment. Elite FTS has some great products. Don't train heavy every week go at it hard for 3 to 4 weeks max and then do a light work out just to get the blood flowing. Listen to your body. If it hurts find a way to get it to stop hurting. Keep pushing the limits training with pain and it could lead to serious injury.

Erik 23
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
That was great lifting. You make 400+ look easy. I wanna see a video posted by you of you doing double your bodyweight within 1 year.
Thanx for the response im glad you liked the video trust me i will do the best i can to Bench Double my bodyweight with in this year.

As for the elbow pain. I think you have relied on support of wraps to long. Ice the **** out of them and slowly back down the wrapping of the elbows and elbows sleeves till you can handle no support. Get a good heat liniment. Elite FTS has some great products. Don't train heavy every week go at it hard for 3 to 4 weeks max and then do a light work out just to get the blood flowing. Listen to your body. If it hurts find a way to get it to stop hurting. Keep pushing the limits training with pain and it could lead to serious injury.

Hi Rob thanx for the response yeah i will try to go less and less with the wraps and sleeves intil i can bench with out them again. Believe it or not i havent been wearing them that long maybe about 3 or 4 months now right around the time i started speed work is when i got really severe pain in my elbows .I will take your advice ive been backing down on heavy weight every week like this coming week i will do something really light just to give my body time to recover.I need the name of a good liniment cause i use extra strength bengay but it dosent seem to do much for me i mean i feel the anasgelic effects the numbing but it dosent stop the pain too where im able to bench and locking out my arms really is a pain with out the wraps on Any way your right if your hurt and you keep on pushing your body you will eventually cause a injury so i have to train a little wiser. Thanx for the response Rob i appreciate the Tips.