PDA

View Full Version : Getting too much Protein? Is that possible?

knicksfan20
06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Used a weight gain calculater, to see how much protein i should be getting..i think it was somthign like 176 or somthing like that?

Anyways...after doing some math

Breakfast:

60 grams of protein (Egg carten says 7 protein per egg..but i take the yok out..which makes it 5 right? if so my math is right...if not...then add/subtract)

Lunch

69 grams of protein

Dinner:

Can be anywhere from 30-60 grams of protein OR MORE(depending what is made...if parents order out...i will make somthing else to eat)

so im already looking at a minimum of 159-189 grams already

+ the 2 protein shakes i havnt had yet...which would be about 32 grams each(including the milk)

Im looking at

221-251 grams of protein (and thats not counting if i decide to go back for seconds for dinner...or have somthing to eat later on in the night)

Edit:I also eat a serving of peanut butter and some milk before i go to sleep...so you can add about 14 more grams to that above

So ...although its suggested for me to get like...176 grams of protein..is getting way more then that still good?

Even if my body cant break all that down at once...it will stil be stored for when im sleeping right? so its not like im wasting any.

Sorry if this has been posted somwhere...i can honestly say i didnt read the sticky for this question...if its their..i apoligize ahead of time.

BigDanny817
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
how much do you actually weigh?

knicksfan20
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM

the calculater was when i was at 160 lbs... i gained 6 lbs (clean weight) in 2 days... :o

so im going by the same thing

getb1g
06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
You CANT gain 6 lbs. in 2 days. Your probably just backed. Go give your toilet a nice long visit.

knicksfan20
06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Well technically its been 3 days

And no...i acually took a dump before i went into the shower this morning (which is when i weighed myself)

and according to my scale...

I started my Diet on Saturday...when i weighed myself, i was 160....and today im 166

i acually asked my friend if that was normal.. (he is a Professional Trainer BTW) And he said it was very normal for people who are just starting out.

Szust
06-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Well technically its been 3 days

And no...i acually took a dump before i went into the shower this morning (which is when i weighed myself)

and according to my scale...

I started my Diet on Saturday...when i weighed myself, i was 160....and today im 166

i acually asked my friend if that was normal.. (he is a Professional Trainer BTW) And he said it was very normal for people who are just starting out.

Because of water and other things.

knicksfan20
06-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Huh?

Anyways i was able to get in contact with my friend (who i didnt want to bother with more weightlifting tips/questions) but he said that its not bad to take in more protein then what is suggested or more then 1g per your body weight...He said especially since im bulking that it was good (somthing to that effect) and that even if my body has too much to break down at once (he tells me that you can break down up to 40 grams at once or hour...others have other opinions) that your body will still store it..So when your sleeping, you can be breaking down the protein at the same time.

So ya...guess it isnt a bad thing to have too much protein

nhlfan
06-03-2008, 11:48 PM
you could probably tone it down to 200. extra protein won't hurt you, but you shouldn't neglect your other macronutrients. if there is room for it in your diet, consume as much protein as you want. remember to stay hydrated.

BFGUITAR
06-04-2008, 12:40 AM
You didn't gain 6lbs of muscle/fat, it is basically all water.

MillerTime1485
06-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Water weight for sure.. my weight moves around all the time.. i can go from 205 in the morning and the highest i've been at night is 209 and I drink 4+ litres a day.

hellasss
06-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Go give your toilet a nice long visit.

ahhh

knicksfan20
06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Woke up this morning....Still at 166

may be water weight...may be a combination of both (probably)

I mean i could take a picture of the scale...but that wouldnt do much good seeing how i didnt take a picture 4 days ago when i was 160

Poirot
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Woke up this morning....Still at 166

may be water weight...may be a combination of both (probably)

I mean i could take a picture of the scale...but that wouldnt do much good seeing how i didnt take a picture 4 days ago when i was 160

Yeah I still consider myself a noob, but I don't think its possible to gain 6lbs of dry muscle tissue in 3 weeks, let alone 3 days, probably water weight, first time I really started drinking water the way I should I gained weight that stuck with me.

Or you could have freakish genetics that surpass mine, by a lot lol.

AKMass
06-05-2008, 05:52 AM
It's definitely not all muscle...Likely a small bit of fat, very small bit of muscle, and mostly water/poo.

knicksfan20
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Well i never said it was muscle anywhere in any of my posts... :p

But ya...i posted this 7 days ago..and I'm at about the same weight now (+ or minus 2 lbs usually) Around 164-167 most of the time

So ya, guess its water weight...small bit of muscle..small bit of fat

deeder
06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Well i never said it was muscle anywhere in any of my posts... :p

Oh Rly?

i gained 6 lbs (clean weight) in 2 days... :o

Except for there right?

Invain
06-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Ninja'd :ninja:

Slim Schaedle
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Clean weight?

Do you drink Evian water?

:clown:

Holto
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
(he tells me that you can break down up to 40 grams at once or hour...others have other opinions) that your body will still store it..So when your sleeping, you can be breaking down the protein at the same time.

Unfortunately, the body can't store protein. Stop listening to this friend.