PDA

View Full Version : becoming a builderbabe.

builderbabe
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
please don't laugh! i have a looooong way to go!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk132/uhohitsamyy/front1.jpghttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk132/uhohitsamyy/side1.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk132/uhohitsamyy/back2.jpghttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk132/uhohitsamyy/back1.jpg

BFGUITAR
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
It's good you want to make progress! You don't look bad at all, your starting with a good frame. With reading and everyone's help here you should make some nice progress.

Lones Green
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
you don't have a bad start at all. you can look back at these pics when you have 18 inch arms.

Justin Ryan
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Looks like your starting at a good place and you'll see improvements in no time. Eat, workout, sleep. Good luck!

builderbabe
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
you don't have a bad start at all. you can look back at these pics when you have 18 inch arms.

haha definately not 18 inch arms. lol

fooz
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Nice to see the journal up, babe. Do you plan on doing your "compound" lifts? When I say "compound" lifts, i mean Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift. Btw, you have a nice butt. haha, and good luck. :)

WBBIRL
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Shirted pics are useless IMO.

QFTFT!

Anyways, your not in that bad a shape at all. 4-5 months of hard work and you should see great changes in your physique.

If your 180 in those photo's, your going to look great come winter time. You hold your weight very well.

Jordanbcool
06-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Shirted pics are useless IMO.

I agree. If you are comfortable with it you should at least show us your stomach so we can get a better idea of your body fat. Its nothing sexual, it'll just give members a better idea of where you're at right now.

Aside from that it looks like you carry your weight well. What are you stats, goals etc. You need to give us more information and more accurate pictures to start.

Unholy
06-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Yea I wasn't saying that because shes a chick, I could give a ****. If I posted shirted pics to show a starting point I would get loled @.

mickyjune26
06-06-2008, 09:57 AM
You look great. Hope you don't worry too much about your weight because you have good looks. btw - why do women wear shorts that have words on their butt? It seems like a freakin advertisement. It gets worse when you see 14 year olds wearing butt signs that say "you wish". I don't wish. Not at all.

Eric Downey
06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree. If you are comfortable with it you should at least show us your stomach so we can get a better idea of your body fat. Its nothing sexual, it'll just give members a better idea of where you're at right now.

Aside from that it looks like you carry your weight well. What are you stats, goals etc. You need to give us more information and more accurate pictures to start.

Keep your unshirted pics to yourself for now. You'll want to show them to everyone once you've made some progress. No you dont look bad. First thing id say is get a consistant diet and work out plan. Find someone your trust in the gym to help you. If I can help in any way please asked ive been doing this for 10 years.

Unholy
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't trust someone from the gym. Read as much as you can here, read the diet stickies and the basic routine stickies.

WBBIRL
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
You look great. Hope you don't worry too much about your weight because you have good looks. btw - why do women wear shorts that have words on their butt? It seems like a freakin advertisement. It gets worse when you see 14 year olds wearing butt signs that say "you wish". I don't wish. Not at all.

I agree, and when you read the words on the shorts they usually think your staring at their ass which isn't always the case...

Jordanbcool
06-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Keep your unshirted pics to yourself for now. You'll want to show them to everyone once you've made some progress. No you dont look bad. First thing id say is get a consistant diet and work out plan. Find someone your trust in the gym to help you. If I can help in any way please asked ive been doing this for 10 years.

Wouldn't it obviously show more of an improvement if she DID show unshirted pictures and then pictures after her cut/diet? Thats what I was getting at. Anyone can just post pictures of themselves after a cut but you'll be able to see more improvement or lack of if the pictures beforehand give a good indication of starting bodyfat. The pictures posted give little to that end.

killxswitch
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I admire your courage in braving this sausagefest. Good luck.

builderbabe
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I am definately not trying to look like that. i just want to be tight and toned and healthy.

i will take more pics. i just didnt think about it like that. thank you all for the advice
oh, and i'm a huuuuuge UGA fan, i am an Athens girl born and bred. =]

mickyjune26
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I agree, and when you read the words on the shorts they usually think your staring at their ass which isn't always the case...

exactly! Maybe we are avid readers, regardless of the location! A well-read man is an educated man.

That woman scares me.

ZenMonkey
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Squat!

Patz
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Working on your posture would help your shape a lot as well. You look like you sit in front of a computer a lot. Stretch those shoulders vigorously and religiously, and sit up straight at the computer no matter how much you hate it or how much it starts to hurt. It'll get easier.

berfles
06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
You don't look bad at all, maybe just need to tighten up the legs and arms, but other than that you should get the body that you want so long as you stay dedicated.

builderbabe
06-07-2008, 12:13 AM
i definately don't want to look like that. I want to be lean, not veiny. =]

BigNic
06-07-2008, 01:48 AM
haha shes not walking around like that.

borracho
06-07-2008, 09:34 AM
ah man this is some buuulll ****.

I posted a few pics back in december and got like two replies (right before the server died)... home girl posts pics and shes on page 2!?! yall are animals! im sure my man boobs are bigger than hers

To the OP, you came to the right place...I am sure with every ones advice and your determination, you'll achieve what ever goals you set for yourself.

Jordanbcool
06-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Shes a girl. Girls usually get more attention because there are like 4 of them on the entire website.

builderbabe
06-07-2008, 10:07 AM
plus i am cute. =]

killxswitch
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM

I posted a few pics back in december and got like two replies (right before the server died)... home girl posts pics and shes on page 2!?! yall are animals! im sure my man boobs are bigger than hers

To the OP, you came to the right place...I am sure with every ones advice and your determination, you'll achieve what ever goals you set for yourself.

This surprises you? If you were me, who would you rather look at, you or her? Exactly.

How'd I miss your pic thread, btw?

Mad Max
06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Make sure you hit the compound lifts hard: Deadlift, squat and lunges, in that order.

And the veiny lass in that picture is an aberration of nature. Something neither God intended nor science predicted. None of this 'oh she worked real hard to look that good...stop hating!!' An abomination pure and simple. Something that belongs to the inner circles of hell.

Jorge Sanchez
06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Something that belongs to the inner circles of hell.

I actually think that was Dante's 7th circle.

KingJustin
06-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi.

First, you're starting off in good shape already. And like everyone else said, good work being brave enough to post.

Second, the #1 missing ingredient for females is intensity. Whether you are doing cardio or strength or whatever, intensity is sooo important, and girls hardly ever have any. You have to try really, really hard at everything to get results fast. And, if you're not getting results fast, you'll kind of stagnate and then you'll probably give up.

Third, I highly recommend doing CrossFit (http://www.crossfit.com), and starting by cutting intelligently--12xBW in calories, 35/35/30 carbs/protein/fat, six meals a day. Following this advice, I have watched several girls in my CrossFit gym go from not-very-attractive to super-hot over the last 6 months (I've also watched a lot more fail to keep up with intensity and quit).

Oh and make sure you train your whole body. Some chics only do tricep kickbacks and other worthless lifts, and others only train legs. Make sure you do compounds (you don't need to worry about what to do if you do crossfit).

Mad Max
06-08-2008, 05:18 AM
^^
I absolutely second everything that this guy said. Intensity is what everyone needs to get results, and all too often it is completely lacking in girls' workouts.

ProLogic
06-08-2008, 05:01 PM

Symptoms of a sausage fest.

Ramstein85
06-08-2008, 05:22 PM
No. Don't do that.

with more protein in diet is that what i missed out? i mean i'm just guessing that higher reps is also good to start with to build up some muscle endurance. like 4 sets of 10 or something.

Jordanbcool
06-08-2008, 05:39 PM
with more protein in diet is that what i missed out? i mean i'm just guessing that higher reps is also good to start with to build up some muscle endurance. like 4 sets of 10 or something.

Its much more complicated then that.

killxswitch
06-08-2008, 07:37 PM

I think the point was that she doesn't have to do anything special to not get huge man muscles. It's hard for men to get huge man muscles, and even harder for women. It doesn't just accidentally happen. So what she needs to do, what anyone needs to do, is read up on the wealth of good info at WBB and apply it to her workouts.

must_eat
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
is there anymore pictures? :p

Transformer
06-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Just wanted to say GO DAWGS! I'm a Bulldog myself and live in Athens

youngguns
06-19-2008, 09:05 PM
i dont see any pictures.

JoseAlonso
07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Neither do I.