PDA

View Full Version : New 3 day a week training program

Eric Downey
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
This week we started a new schedule in training b/c of Jesse being so busy.

Tuesday: Squat/Lite work for the upper body

Thursday: Back/Shoulders

Saturday:Heavy Bench work/Dead lift

This is the workouts we'll be doing all the way up to the Europa Super Show.

Erik 23
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
This sounds like a good schedule i train mostly 3 days a week also sometimes you just cant make time for 4 5 days a week especially if you have a family, school Stressful job Etc.. but that looks like a solid program just wondering though are you all dropping speed days.?or is the tuesday light upper body for like your speed day for like bench.

Eric Downey
06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
we dont really do a traditional speed day. yes sometime that tuesday we'll do some speed type stuff. we'll also do some speed stuff before benching heavy on sat. Also for as far as our "ME" bench day we switch everyweek from a loose shirt to a tight shirt. Tight shirt we do singles and 3's, loose we do 3's to 5's, but lose the 5's when meet is 6 weeks out and start working on toughing that opener weight.

killxswitch
06-10-2008, 08:19 AM
What does light upper body work on squat day normally consist of?

Eric Downey
06-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Well it could be DB's and floors presses. Pretty much nothing is off limits we just wont do it heavy. Sets of 5 at the most.
As far as the Squats go: it could be trational squats from box squat to full range to paused squats at the bottom. Or someoutside GPP work. Keep a look at my log and you'll see what we do from week to week.

View 1
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I like this routine, simple and to the point. Ill be looking at your journal to see how it goes.

Eric Downey
06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks bro. Also keeo in mind that I dont train with Jesse everyday, I cant b/c of work so some workouts i do at work with the guys i work with.