PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a good meatloaf recipe

BG5150
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I love meatloaf, and my fiancee's is top-notch. But I'm always on the lookout for a variation on a theme. So what are your favourite meat loaf recipes?

mickyjune26
06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
i would be interested in seeing some of these recipies too. BG, what's your fiancee's?

My recipi is lame. meat, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, bread torn into tiny peices, chopped onions. Never measured the amounts though.

BG5150
06-06-2008, 02:05 PM
i would be interested in seeing some of these recipies too. BG, what's your fiancee's?

My recipi is lame. meat, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, bread torn into tiny peices, chopped onions. Never measured the amounts though.
We use a beef/pork/veal mix. bread crumbs, onions, garlic. We also use FRESH chopped parsley. And add some Peter Luger's steak sauce and some Heinz 57. Not sure what else she puts in there.

JSully
06-06-2008, 02:42 PM
MA!! MEATLOAF!! ****!!

sorry, no contribution to the thread.. just an awesome quote..

zen
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I've heard several people mention using oats instead of breadcrumbs (or was that oatmeal? Doh!)

I made a BBQ style meatloaf a couple months back and it was killer with some BBQ sauce on top and mashed potatos.

JSully
06-06-2008, 02:46 PM
my aunt puts brown sugar in the bbq sauce for her meatloaf then spreads it on thick overtop. When it bakes, it kind of glazes on top. VERY good!

cphafner
06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
meatloaf is real easy. You can basically put in it whatever you want. Like stated above, you can use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs, my dad actually does in his. You can also use a variety of meats. A lot of supermarkets sell a meatloaf trio of veal, pork, and beef. That is really good to use for a different flavor if you are tired of beef. My meatloaf has become pretty on point (it should considering I make it very often).

I use ground beef, eggs, tomato paste, salt, pepper, worchestshire sauce, onion powder, and italian bread crumbs. Real simple and basic.

FYI, shepard's pie is a great alternative to meatloaf. The two are very similar, but shepard's pie can be a bit more carb free since you don't need the bread crumbs. I posted a recipe somewhere in this section.

Brawl
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Carrie puts mustard and a little sugar on the top .. Google the recipe .

I swear to you it's awesome . It sounds terrible but it aint suckas .