PDA

View Full Version : 5x275 Squat

RedSpikeyThing
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
This is my first set of 5x5 @ 275 lbs. If you can't tell, I'm skinny: 5'9", 160 lbs. Lemme know what you think :thumbup:

0Kpp-dKaqMA

BFGUITAR
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
LOL nice music, I can tell that your in Extreme, is that the one in Richmond Hill?

Nice depth, watch the lower back!

bjohnso
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Thoughts? Deep. Very deep. Great squatting RST.

MrWebb78
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Stick your butt out more to keep the back straight, I know that's hard the deeper you go. You can do more weight, those came up quick.

RedSpikeyThing
06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
LOL nice music, I can tell that your in Extreme, is that the one in Richmond Hill?

Nice depth, watch the lower back!
thanks dude, will watch out for the lower back. Yep, that's the one at Yonge and 407. Why didn't you come out??

Thoughts? Deep. Very deep. Great squatting RST.
Thanks dude!

Stick your butt out more to keep the back straight, I know that's hard the deeper you go. You can do more weight, those came up quick.
Thanks for the feedback! I have a habit of lowering my butt down when I go lower, as opposed to sitting back. As for the weight, that was the first set of 5x5 and it wasn't nearly as easy at the fifth set haha I'm adding 5 lbs every week as Rippetoe reccomends. I could make a couple 10 lb jumps, but it wouldn't last longer than a week or two.

Lones Green
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
god those were deep, haha

my knees hurt just watching that!

BFGUITAR
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I basically had a weekend with the girl... I didn't sleep much ;)
When I got home it was 12:30 and just had to crash.

Chubrock
06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Stop squatting so damn deep. You're hurting my eyes haha.

Sidior
06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
That is deep! Nice work.....now gain some ****ing weight.

RedSpikeyThing
06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
god those were deep, haha

my knees hurt just watching that!
LOL oddly, my knees have never felt better since I start going a little deeper

I basically had a weekend with the girl... I didn't sleep much ;)
When I got home it was 12:30 and just had to crash.
:thumbup:

Stop squatting so damn deep. You're hurting my eyes haha.
the ****ty quality probably doesn't help any LOL

That is deep! Nice work.....now gain some ****ing weight.
Thanks Dave! I'm working on the weight, sort of. I've gained 5 lbs in the last month since I started up with Reippetoe's program and haven't really been trying. The higher volume stuff has made me hungry!

MNRob
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Those were awesome dude! Nice speed on both the down and up. I think your back looked fine, going that deep it is going to be very hard to keep your back arched and not fall over backwards.

One tiny thing, it looked as though you were raising your hips a tad faster than the bar and then doing a small GM to bring the bar into sync with the rest of your body. If your really concentrate on moving the bar and your hips at the same time you will really feel the weight move much easier, IMO.

-Rob

BFGUITAR
06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
It's funny, I also started going deep and I feel like I can get out of the hole A LOT easier not to mention it is better on my knees.

When I squatted wide I found it hard to explode unlike ATG.

john bernor
06-10-2008, 12:13 AM
really awesome squatting,,your form and depth are on the money,,God bless

RedSpikeyThing
06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Those were awesome dude! Nice speed on both the down and up. I think your back looked fine, going that deep it is going to be very hard to keep your back arched and not fall over backwards.

One tiny thing, it looked as though you were raising your hips a tad faster than the bar and then doing a small GM to bring the bar into sync with the rest of your body. If your really concentrate on moving the bar and your hips at the same time you will really feel the weight move much easier, IMO.

-Rob
Thanks for the advice. I think this gets worse as the weight gets heavier. I'll see if I can get a video of some heavier weight.

really awesome squatting,,your form and depth are on the money,,God bless
thanks mang

SDS
06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Does it not hurt to pop your knees at the top when you lock out? I intentionally slow down at lockout and gently ease into the locked out (upright) position. Am I doing it wrong?

RedSpikeyThing
06-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Does it not hurt to pop your knees at the top when you lock out? I intentionally slow down at lockout and gently ease into the locked out (upright) position. Am I doing it wrong?

I haven't had any problems. If you're going up on your toes to lock out then you would be doing something wrong. Personally, I don't want to slow down at all...just drop down and get the **** back up!

Beholder
06-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Are your feet pointing straight out or are they offset a bit?
I found that if they are pointing straight out that it will hurt, because it isnt natural. If they are offset a bit... it makes a big difference. Best way to describe it is to jump up and just land normally with out manipulating anything. See how your feet are offset a bit, thats how you should be squatting.

Thats what I was told atleast??

WBBIRL
06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
thats ****s DEEP son

keep that back arched, puff out your chest like the local curl jockey and try to keep that arch as much as possible. if you will try to make your shoulders bend around and touch your ass with them... you know force them backwards (with control mind you) and keep your head up as much as possible..

strong squatting, your moving some nice weight

RedSpikeyThing
06-20-2008, 11:42 AM
thats ****s DEEP son

keep that back arched, puff out your chest like the local curl jockey and try to keep that arch as much as possible. if you will try to make your shoulders bend around and touch your ass with them... you know force them backwards (with control mind you) and keep your head up as much as possible..

strong squatting, your moving some nice weight

thanks for the advice mang