PDA

View Full Version : Top PLing routines aside from Westside

BFGUITAR
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Westside seems to have dominated my views towards PLing routines. I am very very new to this and have a lot to learn. I am curious to hear what other routines there are out there. Who knows, I may try one.

AJ Roberts
06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Westside is not really a routine it is a method that is used make routines . There are many methods that are used such as periodization, block periodization, sheiko, etc etc. If you do a basic google search for powerlifting routines you should find what you are looking for.

Sidior
06-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Anything that makes your total higher. If you check any pro logs everyone trains differently, the main thing they have in common is intensity and consistency.

BFGUITAR
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys!

thewicked
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
that's right. There's alot of routines out there and templates. The westside routine won't work for everyone..my advice is to take a good look at a routine like a westside template and try it. If you don't notice much change..modify it to fit you the best! Everyone is different..but westside training has proven to product the biggest badasses in the world! Well the conjugate method among most things anyway lol

Travis Bell
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Anything other than Westside isn't powerlifting!!!!

hahaha I'm kidding of course. Many many routines have produced the top lifters of all time. I just had to get my plug in there for WESTSIDE and my boys

Jason Pegg
06-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Anything other than Westside isn't powerlifting!!!!

hahaha I'm kidding of course. Many many routines have produced the top lifters of all time. I just had to get my plug in there for WESTSIDE and my boys

Lou would be pissed if you had the chance and didnt! LOL

Jason

vdizenzo
06-12-2008, 07:55 PM
SFW style! http://www.sfwplc.com/

Keith
06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
SFW style! http://www.sfwplc.com/

You were the creator or SFW?! That's awesome.

Eric Downey
06-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I work out with Jesse Kellum and he has his own style and its based off 30 years of experience and trial and error.