PDA

View Full Version : ART therapy

TJM
06-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I brought an issue I had to elitefts and they told me I need "ART therapy" cause I torn part of my chest. What is ART therapy? Hope I don't need to paint...

NickW
06-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Its active release therapy and its done at most massage therapy spa's, and around here there is also a few chiropractors who do it (started out in massage therapy). I don't know a lot about it, but I do hear it works wonders...and its supposed to hurt a bit, lol.

Erik 23
06-11-2008, 08:42 PM
There was a article on here a while ago i remember its some type of massage technique i know rob luyando was saying its pretty good

cphafner
06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
There was a article on here a while ago i remember its some type of massage technique i know rob luyando was saying its pretty good

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=111170&highlight=therapy

chris taylor
06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
It was really invented yrs ago by osteopaths and used by manual physical therapists way before it was named ART . ART was a patend series of techniques created to mobilize soft tissue, created and named ART by Dr. Micheal Leahy from colorodo (a chriopracter). I am currently studying the techniques and will be a certified provider soon. I have been recieving it since 1998 and I believe in its recooperative and restorative effects. ART uses deep pressure massage,ROM and myofacial release all at the same time to heal, elongate, decrease pain in muscle tendon and some joint capsules when palpable.

CT

Chris Rodgers
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Yea, what he said, lol. :withstupi:

sayagain
06-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I also posted a question on Elitefts and Chris Clark recommended ART for my shoulder. I live in the Columbus area and was wondering if any of the Westside guys (or anyone else) on here know of a good place in the Columbus area to get ART therapy.