PDA

View Full Version : 505x5 Reverse Band Bench Press VIDEO

Buffman
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
This was my last bench workout before heading into the first of my 3 meets I have planned for this summer.
Next weekend I will be benching at the NASA USA Nationals in Lancatser, Ohio.
I am aiming to hit between 535-550 in a single ply fury.

The other 2 meets I plan to lift in are the USAPL Bench Press Nationals and the IPF/NAPF North American Bench Press Championships in Costa Rica.
Thats the plan and we will see if happens.

505x5 Reverse Band Bench Press
The video is 2 sets of 505 Reverse Bands.
The first set is a double and the second set is a triple off a 2 board!

Enjoy and have a great day!

PoSbKHWq7Oo

HP666
06-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Awesome work Buffman!!!

Erik 23
06-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Good video I love seeing your Dedication especially no handoff that is good benching but honestly you will go so much farther with a Spot and hand off if you were even to get your wife or anybody that can atleast take off about a 100 pounds or more when your benching intil you could get it over your chest. That way you can stay tight the whole way thru you are very strong but i think you would be a lot stronger if you had someone to handoff to you.Great work though and GodBless Brother looking forward to meeting you at the arnold.

sayagain
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I love watching your videos. "Five-oh-five, baby!!!" Great intensity.

smokinHawk
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
good work man.
I should be at lancaster the 22 hopefully taking the 165 nasa raw record on the bench

Eric Downey
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Great work i personally dont and have never done rev. bands i really dont see the point. You look like a pretty strong guy. You really should use a spotter. You can never know what might happen to do that weight with out one Im sorry if I insult you but its stupid.

NickW
06-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Great work i personally dont and have never done rev. bands i really dont see the point. You look like a pretty strong guy. You really should use a spotter. You can never know what might happen to do that weight with out one Im sorry if I insult you but its stupid.

I definitely agree! Get a spotter, even if its just your wife/gf. If something goes wrong you are screwed. I couldn't imagine what would have happened to me if I didn't have a spotter when I tore my pec minor and bicep. Not trying to insult you, just don't want you to get hurt.

Buffman
06-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Awesome work Buffman!!!

Thanks HP666

I appreciate the comment and Have a great day!

Buffman
06-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Good video I love seeing your Dedication especially no handoff that is good benching but honestly you will go so much farther with a Spot and hand off if you were even to get your wife or anybody that can atleast take off about a 100 pounds or more when your benching intil you could get it over your chest. That way you can stay tight the whole way thru you are very strong but i think you would be a lot stronger if you had someone to handoff to you.Great work though and GodBless Brother looking forward to meeting you at the arnold.

Thanks Eric23

I agreee it would be nice to have a handoff person, but working at night and training at 3-5 in the morning makes getting a training partner difficult.
I really don't have problems with the unracking as it seems to make weights I get handoffs on in competitions much easier.

Buffman
06-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I love watching your videos. "Five-oh-five, baby!!!" Great intensity.

Thanks sayagain

I appreciate the comment.
Do I have an accent?? I never noticed ;)

BFGUITAR
06-14-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't think I ever have as much fun watching people lift weights as I do you buffman! You seem like a fun person to train with!

Buffman
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
good work man.
I should be at lancaster the 22 hopefully taking the 165 nasa raw record on the bench

Thanks smokinHawk

I hope you are there and make sure to introduce yourself.
I would enjoy talking with you.

Have a great day!

Buffman
06-16-2008, 01:15 PM

Eric

The idea of reverse bands is to mimic lifting in a bench shirt.
As for a spotter, I have the pins set to catch the weight should I miss!:thumbup:

NickW
06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Eric

As for a spotter, I have the pins set to catch the weight should I miss!:thumbup:

accidents can happen on the way down, I tore my bicep and pec minor at the beginning of my decent. I would have been screwed if I didn't have a lot of good spotters around me to pull the weight off me.

Buffman
06-17-2008, 05:29 AM
I don't think I ever have as much fun watching people lift weights as I do you buffman! You seem like a fun person to train with!

Thanks BFGUITAR

I really try to make the videos fun and entertaining.
Watching someone just lift without some personality thrown in can be really dull.
I really appreciate your kind words.
Thank You and have a great day!

Buffman
06-17-2008, 05:32 AM
accidents can happen on the way down, I tore my bicep and pec minor at the beginning of my decent. I would have been screwed if I didn't have a lot of good spotters around me to pull the weight off me.

Thanks NickW for your concern.

I would love to have a few training partners but lifting at 3 in the morning tends to be a tough sell.
Also I have missed several attempts over the years but so far the pins have served me well everytime.
I have strained my pec lifting before and just set the weight on the pins.
It didn't feel good, but was very safe. :thumbup:

NickW
06-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks NickW for your concern.

I would love to have a few training partners but lifting at 3 in the morning tends to be a tough sell.
Also I have missed several attempts over the years but so far the pins have served me well everytime.
I have strained my pec lifting before and just set the weight on the pins.
It didn't feel good, but was very safe. :thumbup:

lol, I can see that being a tough sell! Is there a reason for having to train at 3am?

Eric Downey
06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Eric

Ok so they mimic a bench shirt. Im pretty sure that when I benched my 625 that when it hit my chest it was 625 still. 625lbs a pressure in my hands. Now you and a band to that it actually takes weight off the bar just as it adds weight when on the floor. you loaded 500lbs on the bar with a band that takes away more than 100lbs at the chest. So I started with 600+ in my hands and ended with 600+. You start with 505 and have what 380 if not less at your chest then press back up to 505. Which its not 505 b/c the bands are already pulling weight off the bar. Im not knocking you bro I just hate to see people spinning there wheels when they can spend that much time and intensity on something thats gonna really help.

Travis Bell
06-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Buffman does wear a shirt when he competes, I think he's just trying to get as close as he can since he doesn't wear a shirt in training because of a lack of training partners

i'm a big fan of reverse band benching. They are great for helping you develop speed and are a great deload exercise. We do them bout once a training cycle at Westside.