PDA

View Full Version : Coffee and Cutting?

itsFace5150
06-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi All, new to the forums and had some questions. I diet very healthy for cutting, been going at it for about 6 months now and I'm doing great. Lots of protein, healthy amount of carbs. However I am a big coffee lover and I can't seem to get off it. I have gotten to the point where I drink it with no sugar but with cream. I have gotten pretty cut but is the consumption of coffee holding me back. I work in an office all day so I have alot, like close to 30oz i think, maybe a little more. I drink lots of water though to get everything flowing, usually like 3 to 4 bottles of water a day before I workout. Any suggestions? Thanks

randommetalguy
06-13-2008, 08:12 AM
I work in a similar setting. However, I only drink 2 cups a day of coffee with a little cream in it. I drink one cup as soon as I get to work. Then, I make myself drink 2 cups of water before my 10 am cup of coffee. Then I drink two more cups of water before I have any more, and it's usually lunch time by then. In the afternoon it's all water until I get off for the day.

I would suggest only filling your cup up half or 3/4ths of the way. Mentally, it will feel like you've had a full cup and you will get tired of walking to go get more. Also force yourself you have a certain amount of water before your next cup. Between all the water I drink and trips to the bathroom I get tired of getting up and walking around and I'll need to get work done.

cphafner
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
nothing wrong with coffee on a cut as long as you watch the sugar and milk. I generally have one cup a day. Then 1-2 cups of green tea in the afternoon for a little caffeine kick