PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition and powerlifting

richwilliams77
06-13-2008, 10:16 PM
If your diet is weak you will be weak and will lack proper recuperation for upcoming workouts. Many athletes are disciplined in their workout regimine but lack discipline in diet and nutrient timing and proper supplimentation.

richwilliams77
06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I am a current member of a Feat of Strength ministry Team Impact. So in my line of work I have to be strong. Im 385lbs with pretty good powerlifting numbers. I currently train with with the strongest powerlifter in the world Donnie Thompson who helps push me to the next level along with me pushing him. I figure I will give everyone a short bio. I was a 4 time all-american football player at Gardner-Webb University. I had an opportunity to play in the NFL. I am Currently part Owner of Xcelerated athletics a sports specific training center which trains athletes from all ages. I started using Results from Atlarge Nutrition at first I thought it was like all other inferior products, but the stuff actually works. I have been using it for a little over 3 weeks I can tell an extreme difference in my stanima and workout capacity. This is also with a diet with proper carbs and protein divided into 6-7 meals a day.

BFGUITAR
06-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I am a current member of a Feat of Strength ministry Team Impact. So in my line of work I have to be strong. Im 385lbs with pretty good powerlifting numbers. I currently train with with the strongest powerlifter in the world Donnie Thompson who helps push me to the next level along with me pushing him. I figure I will give everyone a short bio. I was a 4 time all-american football player at Gardner-Webb University. I had an opportunity to play in the NFL. I am Currently part Owner of Xcelerated athletics a sports specific training center which trains athletes from all ages. I started using Results from Atlarge Nutrition at first I thought it was like all other inferior products, but the stuff actually works. I have been using it for a little over 3 weeks I can tell an extreme difference in my stanima and workout capacity. This is also with a diet with proper carbs and protein divided into 6-7 meals a day.

Why are you telling this us? lol
And the 6-7 meals a day stuff is mostly bull. The only reason to do it is because of comfort, it has zero consequences on how you look or how much you can lift.

chris mason
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Rich is one of our newest sponsored athletes. He is an INCREDIBLY strong man by what Donnie Thompson, the strongest powerlifter in the world, has told me. Basically, he says that Rich's brute strength is as good or better than his own! That is saying a LOT.

Richard is not forum savvy. You are seeing his first posts. Rather than be pricks, let's welcome him and let him learn the ways of the forum... :)

He is a GREAT resource to have here!

Ben Moore
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Good to have you here Rich.

sayagain
06-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Rich. Maybe you can give us all some insight on proper nutrition for powerlifters. We have a lot of talk about proper form and training routines, but not much on nutrition. I feel like I've learned a ton from you experienced guys since I found this forum a couple of months ago. I'm still amazed how many elite lifters all come together at one place and are willing to offer their advice and expertise. This sport is like no other in that respect.

BFGUITAR
06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Hahaha we are seeing his forum virginity being stripped away I see? Awesome lol I hope to learn something about lifting.

Travis Bell
06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Awesome to have you here Rich. Really cool that you train with Donnie!

chris mason
06-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Awesome to have you here Rich. Really cool that you train with Donnie!

Travis, go to the team impact website and check him out. He is a HUGE guy! Donnie was telling me he can do reps with a 400 lbs log in the overhead press!

Travis Bell
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
WHOA! you are one big boy!!!

FFHill
06-14-2008, 10:07 AM
It's a pretty cool thing you guys are doing Rich. Welcome.

Justin Ryan
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Welcome Rich!! Sounds like we can learn a lot from you

And dang your huge!!

Lones Green
06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
you are MONSTROUS. great to have you here.

HP666
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
WELCOME RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :strong:

strongkid963
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
hello rich

AJ Roberts
06-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Another great addition to the site. Welcome Rich.

richwilliams77
06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
thanks for welcoming me.:)

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-16-2008, 06:18 AM
thanks for welcoming me.:)

Welcome aboard Rich:thumbup:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Travis, go to the team impact website and check him out. He is a HUGE guy! Donnie was telling me he can do reps with a 400 lbs log in the overhead press!

Richard Williams Info:
http://www.team-impact.com/team_member.cfm?name=Richard_Williams

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Eric Downey
06-16-2008, 07:18 AM
If your diet is weak you will be weak and will lack proper recuperation for upcoming workouts. Many athletes are disciplined in their workout regimen but lack discipline in diet and nutrient timing and proper supplementation.

Rich the reason for this is that some people are just lazy. Going and training is the easy part you want to do that, but who wants to eat grilled chicken you gotta cook when popeyes has 12 pieces for 5.99 with a drink and a mouth watering buttery biscuit. Even the simple task of making protein shake is to hard for some people. The really bithc part is it's those people who will waste most of your time asking for advise the'll never follow.

Welcomr to the board bro.

cujo36
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Rich i haven been talking myoplex now for about 6 months now and at the start of taking this i was seeing results but now i do not feel anything after i have taken it, do u recomend anything or should i just keep sticking with this product?

HP666
06-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Rich i haven been talking myoplex now for about 6 months now and at the start of taking this i was seeing results but now i do not feel anything after i have taken it, do u recomend anything or should i just keep sticking with this product?

That's like asking, "I caught a ball last week, do you think I'm ready to play outfield for the NY Yankees?" A little more info might be helpful...diet, training, training schedule, goals, etc, etc.

left hook
06-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Raliegh huh? I live in wilson if you have any meets near by let me know.

left hook
06-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I just realized you went to schools...I think your team did a demonstration at speight middle school in wilson when I was like 12 haha.

richwilliams77
06-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I actually live in Columbia,SC I train at compound with Donnie Thompson. To answer the new members question taking myoplex means nothing if your training does not make sense along with freqeuncy of workouts and rest. A supplement is just a supplement not a miracle worker.

johnst_nhb
06-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Rich, welcome to the site! I had a childhood buddy go on to play football at GW, back in the mid 80s. One question, how in the heck do you handle that heat and humidity in Columbia?!?

I grew up in NC, but Columbia is one of the hottest places in this country!

Looking forward to your contributions here!

j

PriestCometh
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome Rich. Its cool to have someone like you on here.

Priest

richwilliams77
06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
bro trust me Columbia has to be near the equator it stays hot. Especially training at the compound with no AC.

RhodeHouse
06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
There's no secret to eating for powerlifting.

1. Get enough protein
2. get enough carbs - add carbs if you're gaining weight
3. Get healthy fats
4. Eat clean, not healthy - big difference

Eating clean is common sense. Doing it is another story. Not to mention, I've seen God's kitchen contribute to some huge numbers, so you can't preach that fast food is bad for you. I guess you could, but you're wrong. This sounds like more of the "Who's the best" threads again. Maybe I'm being cynical.

richwilliams77
06-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Man your right some people take something that is so simple and make complex when it comes to diet.

bill
06-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome, UVA football let another one get away.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
There's no secret to eating for powerlifting.

1. Get enough protein
2. get enough carbs - add carbs if you're gaining weight
3. Get healthy fats
4. Eat clean, not healthy - big difference

Eating clean is common sense. Doing it is another story. Not to mention, I've seen God's kitchen contribute to some huge numbers, so you can't preach that fast food is bad for you. I guess you could, but you're wrong. This sounds like more of the "Who's the best" threads again. Maybe I'm being cynical.

Holy Crap, I agree with you on something. lol

RhodeHouse
06-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Holy Crap, I agree with you on something. lol

It's hard not to agree with a genius.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
It's hard not to agree with a genius.

Damn :)