PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift training vids 6/10/08

Chris Rodgers
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Here's my deadlifts from this Tuesday. East End Barbell, gotta love the couch on the deadlift platform, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHyKS5km-tQ

BFGUITAR
06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Not bad for a skinny bitch :P

Your stance is ridiculously narrow! What happened to good ol' sumo? Decided to change it up?
I have always wanted to try narrow stance, what are your thoughts on it?

Ben Moore
06-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice work man!

Chris Rodgers
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Not bad for a skinny bitch :P

Your stance is ridiculously narrow! What happened to good ol' sumo? Decided to change it up?
I have always wanted to try narrow stance, what are your thoughts on it?

I always pull with both styles in training. I actually prefer to pull conventional for most of my training though. I am trying to get my conventional up higher and perhaps turn it into my competition stance. I think you should definitely use both conventional and sumo in your training. Worse case scenario you will work your weaknesses, even if you can't lift the same amount.

sayagain
06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Nice lifting! Is the couch there for naps between sets?

Travis Bell
06-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I always pull with both styles in training. I actually prefer to pull conventional for most of my training though. I am trying to get my conventional up higher and perhaps turn it into my competition stance. I think you should definitely use both conventional and sumo in your training. Worse case scenario you will work your weaknesses, even if you can't lift the same amount.

Lou always preaches the same thing. Actually I've seen chuck open with conventional and take second with sumo before haha. I wouldn't recommend that though in a meet. But back to the topic, pulling to your weaknesses is a very smart thing to do

BFGUITAR
06-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I love watching your vids Chris. It really shows that you don't need to be a massive freak to lift freaky weight. Are you one of the stronger people in your weight class?

Chris Rodgers
06-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I love watching your vids Chris. It really shows that you don't need to be a massive freak to lift freaky weight. Are you one of the stronger people in your weight class?

Thanks for calling me tiny...again. :(

I do well in local and state meets. As far as the big picture, I'd call myself average at best. You have freaks like Kutcher, Conyers, Schwab, Caslow and a bunch more putting up ridiculous totals in the lightweight divisions. I have a lot more work to do to get to that level.

john bernor
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for calling me tiny...again. :(

I do well in local and state meets. As far as the big picture, I'd call myself average at best. You have freaks like Kutcher, Conyers, Schwab, Caslow and a bunch more putting up ridiculous totals in the lightweight divisions. I have a lot more work to do to get to that level.

But the truth is---you will attain that level...With GOD all things are possible...

BFGUITAR
06-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Consider it a compliment! I would love to do well in local meets and possibly provincials, but I as well have a lot of work!

Lones Green
06-14-2008, 10:54 AM
you are a strong guy chris. those pulls were all awesome. the couch is an awesome idea, haha.

don't be afraid to fall back when deadlifting...use it as an excuse to get a quick nap in

Pangers
06-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Chris,
Where is your Training log located at now?

Viking_Power
06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Chris, your totals are amazing. 1540 at 165 is pretty freakish if you ask me. I'd love to get to that number at 200.