PDA

View Full Version : Phil Harrington Squat Injury

squatzilla phil
06-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Delete Post

HP666
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm sorry about your injury Phil, that ****ing sucks. But injuries are only temporary my friend, and you'll get through this. I don't know you personally but I know you're one tough mother ****er who can handle adversity.
And don't go anywhere because I need to ask your opinion on an issue I'm having with my squat set up. I can't write it all out now 'cause it's fathers day and I have to get going before I get my ass kicked, but I'll check in later and explain my problem.
Hang in there.

Lones Green
06-15-2008, 11:15 AM
thats awful to hear bro. i wish you a speedy recovery.

WillNoble
06-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Im terribly sorry to hear about this Phil. Best of luck on a speedy recovery bud... Get in Physical therapy, that stuff works. You're one of the strongest men in the world, you'll be back in top form in no time

joey54
06-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Phil, hope you heal quickly and get back after it. You are a huge inspiration to all of us. Good luck!

vdizenzo
06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear it Phil. Take some time to feel like crap. You'll reevaluate when you are in a better state of mind. Injuries suck!

Travis Bell
06-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Phil isn't done lifting yet. We've all got his back but he's hurtin pretty bad.

I'll give you a call this week brother!!

Ben Moore
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Good luck with the recovery Phil!

Isaac Wilkins
06-15-2008, 01:35 PM
It's scary enough when you lose big weight, but with heavy band tension on there too it just flies.

Good luck, Phil. Don't hand up the Chucks just yet. Recover and then think on it!

PeteTheGreek
06-15-2008, 03:04 PM
That sucks the high hard one. THose are hard to spot as well. One of our guys had 465 bar weight plus blues and greens get stapled to the box and it was quite a bit of work getting the bar back up on the hooks. Sounds like Phil dumped it forward over his head?

Bob
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Heal up Phil!!!
Everyone enjoys Squatzilla on the platform... it would be a lost to PL'ing if you don't come back...

Take care.. and here is to hoping that the pain is manageable...

Jason Pegg
06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Phil, Im sorry to hear about your injury, but wanted to wish you the best of luck in your recovery. I know first hand how hard it is to recover from a devastating injury, and can tell you to just keep your head up and listen to those around you.

Jason

chris mason
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Phil, I am very sorry about your injury! I left you a voicemail. Call me back when you can.

Chris

Eric Downey
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Phil sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you heal well and fast. If you lift long enough and heavy enough like you and some of us do. Your going to have something happen. Its a mental game that only you can deal with. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Remember your not the first or the last to have something happen.

AJ Roberts
06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Phil i wish you a speedy recovery. I know it suck but you'll be back stronger than ever in no time bro.

David_HoffWSBB
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
westside BIATCH ! your not done i already told u that if i have to i will come over and drag u off your ****ing couch and into the gym.

Jeff Roark
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
heal up and get back to it Phil. Thats just enormous amount of weight and tension, that really blows my mind. the thing about us lifters are that we are simply wired up different than other folks- non paying or paying out the ass its in your blood and its something that is never going away. Take a break get to feeling better and come back better than ever.

pocoloco blanka
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
sorry to hear of your mishap !!!!!! im sure your just a little stunned !!!:thumbup: westside is not just the way we train but the way we live brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll be back. keep your head up.

PriestCometh
06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I hope you have a fast recovery, phil!

I just went through a bad injury. I kept coming back too early
and it has taken a year for me to get back on track.
You will be back at it in no time. Just take your time and heal up.

It would be a shame to not see you on the platform. Have faith, brother.

drew
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Good luck with the recovery Phil. We all get hurt sometimes. Gotta take the bad with the good. Keep your head up bro.

mickyjune26
06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Work on getting better and think about lifting when you are well again. Take this time to focus on the things you enjoy in life other than lifting. Meditate and regroup and you may be hungrier than ever when you're well again.