PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol when cutting?

notSoBig Guy
03-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Well I went out last night with my friends, and it involved a lot of girls, and I got plastered. The bad thing is I'm cutting up for the summer. Have I screwed myself up now? Today I woke up all sad feeling bad that drank so much alcohol (it was kinda worth it though), that I feel like going to eat at Burger King I mean, I've already screwed my diet right?

:(

DumbbellTosser
03-23-2002, 01:17 PM
One night won't kill ya, dude. Don't make a habit of it while you're cutting though.... I'm done drinking for a month to get me ready for a comp. Gotta make sacrifices....

CBates
03-23-2002, 03:32 PM
I don't drink that often, but when I do and I'm cutting, that night I drink I find that it doesn't hurt my cutting efforts any, in fact it looks like my abs show better the next day. But this is when I'm dieting and haven't had a cheat day in over a month so it probably shocks my system from all the extra calories I take in from drinking. But I only drink once every 2 months though, I don't know what results I'd get if I was drinking every weekend while cutting.

body
03-24-2002, 09:49 AM
if your going to drink, choose the better options eg

spirits - they do not have sugar added to them like beer does.
spirits irratate the stomach so have slower absorption. to increase absorption speed, add carbonated water/diet drink to the spirit.
this way you absorb the alcohol quicker and get drunk quicker, therefore needing less alcohol to get the fun effects from.

you will probably get drunk more easily than before cutting as well.

IceRgrrl
03-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CBates
night I drink I find that it doesn't hurt my cutting efforts any, in fact it looks like my abs show better the next day.

....might be b/c you're dehydrated the next day and holding less water lets your abs show through a little more.

notSoBig Guy
03-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah I too noticed my mid section being more visible. I was really dehydrated.

Yeah I drank spirits all night, I'm not a big fan of beer, just not my thing.

codei
03-24-2002, 09:20 PM
im w/cbates, ive found that occasional party night will ironically make you look better.

and spirits have less sugar, but who sits and drinks a glass of whiskey? the mixers are what will get you.

tony touch
03-24-2002, 09:49 PM
shots will get u fucked up a lot quicker than 10 beers will. less calories too.

more alchol=test decrease.

aw man i love to kill six packs of MGDS, Coronas, smirhoffs, and so on and so on.

i always feel like shooting myself the next day for it tho.

the worst thing is guinness, super high calorie beer if ur cutting

Par Deus
03-25-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by tony touch
shots will get u fucked up a lot quicker than 10 beers will. less calories too.

This is true on an empty stomach. However, on a full stomach, more diluted drinks lead to a higher blood alcohol level.

tony touch
03-25-2002, 12:30 PM
bro if ur out wit some girls, alcohol will definitely make it alot funner and u most likely will get some. take some shots and have a goodtime. when u get home, take some zma and some 4-andro, it might help although i have no proof