PDA

View Full Version : Doing it for ME.

gravej
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 17 year old high-school student (5'11'' 168lbs) and I have been working out on and off for about ... 2 years I'd say. I've used my dad's workout program that he used when he was in his 20's and I'd say it worked for a long time. It consisted of Chest/Shoulders/-Triceps/Legs-Back/Biceps (A "-" indicating a change in the day) What did he do for legs? Run. That's all. No squats, no lunges, no nothing. I come to this site and I hear everyone SWEAR by the squat exercise, which I fail terribly at. I would like to change my routine to incorporate squats and dead lifts, with more *compound movements* (I think that is what they are called). I would like to stick to my schedule that keeps back and biceps together. Chest, shoulders, and triceps together. And legs on their own, if this is possible. I am not sure on a exact squat form, so I have a friend that knows how to do them very well and he is going to help me. For dead lifts, I am going to look at many videos and try to master it before I go and head into the gym for the large weights and end up hurting myself. I have had a rotator cuff problem and my doctor said I prob. shouldn't even be working out but I am doing physical therapy and it doesn't seem to hurt me unless I am doing bench/dumbbell presses (and I can do just about everything else) so I do not find a reason to stop completely.

Current Routine

Chest/Shoulders

BB Bench Press
DB Press
Machine Flies - Should I change to Incline Bench? Or Decline?
Lateral Raises
Military Press
BB Upright Row
Shrugs

Triceps

Pushdown
Assisted Triceps Dip
Skull crusher
Pull down (rope,extend)

Back/Biceps

Seated Cable Row
Lat Pull down