PDA

View Full Version : Too much?

JDNY87
06-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I was offered my first MMA fight in March but couldnt take it because of work. That fight was at 205lbs. I am currently walking around at about 208 to 210. I train jiu jitsu Monday and Friday Muay Tai on thursday and MMA on Tuesday. I also lift three days a week, monday wed friday. I work 8 to 330 monday to friday 3 saturdays of the week. I am able to eat every three hours or so usually. My diet consists of 4 egg whites and turkey on what at roughly 7am. Followed by either a 100 percent whey shake and a bannana at about 10ish or a turkey or chicken breast sandwhich on wheat. Then at 1230 a lean meat usually chicken or steak over a salad. At three oclock i try to eat a pre workout meal because I my lift is at 345. This is usually another shake or a sandwhich. I lift at 345 and right from lift i go right to training. Following training ill have another shake and thats it for the night. Training usually ends at 8 to 9. My question is i want my next fight to be at 185. Am I eating correctly enough in order to drop the weight. I am also taking 25mg of ephedrine and guarana because i couldnt find the straight caffeine. If anyone wants to throw their advice in I would appreciate anything.

frank
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
I was offered my first MMA fight in March but couldnt take it because of work. That fight was at 205lbs. I am currently walking around at about 208 to 210. I train jiu jitsu Monday and Friday Muay Tai on thursday and MMA on Tuesday. I also lift three days a week, monday wed friday. I work 8 to 330 monday to friday 3 saturdays of the week. I am able to eat every three hours or so usually. My diet consists of 4 egg whites and turkey on what at roughly 7am. Followed by either a 100 percent whey shake and a bannana at about 10ish or a turkey or chicken breast sandwhich on wheat. Then at 1230 a lean meat usually chicken or steak over a salad. At three oclock i try to eat a pre workout meal because I my lift is at 345. This is usually another shake or a sandwhich. I lift at 345 and right from lift i go right to training. Following training ill have another shake and thats it for the night. Training usually ends at 8 to 9. My question is i want my next fight to be at 185. Am I eating correctly enough in order to drop the weight. I am also taking 25mg of ephedrine and guarana because i couldnt find the straight caffeine. If anyone wants to throw their advice in I would appreciate anything.

i wouldnt take the caffeine, maybe a fat burning supplement such at atlarges nitor? i heard it works great for energy. i think your eating little enough to lose weight but it all depends on your maintenence calories.

joey54
06-15-2008, 07:50 PM

do you have access to a coach who specializes in this type of thing? you probably need more hands on help than what is available on this board.

joey54
06-15-2008, 07:52 PM
i wouldnt take the caffeine, maybe a fat burning supplement such at atlarges nitor? i heard it works great for energy. i think your eating little enough to lose weight but it all depends on your maintenence calories.

cool you want to help others out, but you are still asking too many questions about your own training to be offering him advice man. you have no idea how difficult what he is trying to do. Most on here, and I include myself, have no idea. and he needs the help of someone who does MMA and cuts weight for it. this is different than high school wrestling.

JDNY87
06-15-2008, 10:05 PM
To be honest cutting the prefight weight i have down packed. Thats just water, thats easy for me. But doing it correctly and being able to keep it off is different. I guess what my real question was about my diet. I want to make sure im eating clean enough... sorry for not being very specific