PDA

View Full Version : Thompson vs. Bolton

Lones Green
06-15-2008, 04:42 PM
haven't seen a thread on WBB about this matchup!

Donnie Thompson is to take on Andy Bolton, head to head, at the BPC british championships which will be held July 12-13th.

what does everyone think about this matchup? two world class SHW's going head to head. THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

i'm for donnie. USA and WSBB for life!

dbc3po
06-15-2008, 04:50 PM
**** I ment to vote for Donnie. I really hope Donnie wins this to prove how good he really is. I have trained with him twice a few years ago the man is from another planet hes so strong.

Travis Bell
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Donnie is the man!!!

Sidior
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I also would like to see Donnie do well as he doesn't seem to get the same recognition as Bolton even though he is arguably as strong or stronger.

vdizenzo
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM
The man, the myth, the legend--Donnie Thompson!

bigmoney
06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Donnie is the man! Not much needs to be said about his squat and deadlift. His bench is what will put him over Bolton.

Lones Green
06-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Donnie is the man! Not much needs to be said about his squat and deadlift. His bench is what will put him over Bolton.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. whats bolton's bench up to now?

RhodeHouse
06-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Donnie the Dinosaur

Jason Pegg
06-15-2008, 09:20 PM
I honestly believe that this will be the biggest (literally and figuratively) matchup that powerlifting has seen in quite a long time.

Jason

chris mason
06-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I have spoken to Donnie about this and he is ready!

My personal opinion is that Donnie will get it done. They are very close in the squat. Donnie smokes Andy in the bench. Andy will not pull 1000 lbs in a full meet where he squats in the 1200 lbs range. I would guess more in the 940-950 lbs range. If Donnie can get a high 800s pull he should be able to take it.

Joe Black
06-16-2008, 12:56 AM
I think I am going to go watch :)

Lones Green
06-16-2008, 03:48 AM

lucky!

Travis Bell
06-16-2008, 08:20 AM

I would kill to watch this meet. Glen Russo, Donnie Thompson and Andy Bolton?! Pretty stacked deck. Pretty cool that its getting TV Broadcast

HP666
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM

I'm ready, what time are we leaving???

AJ Roberts
06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Gotta go with my fellow country man Andy.

Big o Boy
06-16-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp63fDBSvBo

Check this out... GO DONNIE!

Lones Green
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp63fDBSvBo

Check this out... GO DONNIE!

i saw that on PL watch, cocky dude!!! haha

Travis Bell
06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
why does he think his total is more official than Donnie's? Thats kinda crappy to say that.

Bob
06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Looks like Ano might be lifting with Donnie and Andy...
http://www.powerliftinguk.com/showthread.php?t=8693 ...

Lones Green
06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Looks like Ano might be lifting with Donnie and Andy...
http://www.powerliftinguk.com/showthread.php?t=8693 ...

AWESOME. i've always liked Ano, and i've been keeping up with his recovery process since his knee injury through his log on elitefts and the metal forums. i was wondering when he was planning on doing another meet. hes looking very strong now.

Klotz
06-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Something this big, my money is on someone getting injured and pulling out.
But if it happens, Bolton, just because his 1000 deadlift earns my support.

Chris Rodgers
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I would kill to watch this meet. Glen Russo, Donnie Thompson and Andy Bolton?! Pretty stacked deck. Pretty cool that its getting TV Broadcast

Glen Russo is lifting? Is he going full meet or bench only?

OH, and big Donnie FTW!

Leeman
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
boltons got it, no doubt in my mind.

I have a feeling his bench is coming along nicely.

vdizenzo
06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Here's a picture of the winner and some handsome guy with him.

chris mason
06-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Here's a picture of the winner and some handsome guy with him.

Vincent, email that picture to me so I can use it for your sponsors page on AtLarge. Speaking of that, email me a few other pics as well as some bio stuff on you.

Chris

p.s. Donnie sure has a cool shirt on there! :thumbup:

Travis Bell
06-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Glen Russo is lifting? Is he going full meet or bench only?

OH, and big Donnie FTW!

full meet if I'm not mistaken

Chris Rodgers
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
full meet if I'm not mistaken

Do you mean the strongman Glen Ross? Or Glen Russo from NY? Russo use to train with us...900+ lb bencher @308.

Travis Bell
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
whoops, glen ross haha good catch CR

chris mason
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Do you mean the strongman Glen Ross? Or Glen Russo from NY? Russo use to train with us...900+ lb bencher @308.

No, I think it is actually Ross that is competing. He plans to compete raw from what I read somewhere (which makes sense).

Travis Bell
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
yeah I read that he was going raw as well

Lones Green
06-17-2008, 07:32 PM
as in THE Glen Ross?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/xshewastragedyx/glennross.jpg

what a monster.

thewicked
06-17-2008, 09:35 PM
since our very own DT is competing..for those of us that can't watch it live. Can ALN post a play by play of the lifts as they fall?! THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELLUVA SHOW!

Travis Bell
06-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Daniel that'd be awesome if you could take video and post it

thewicked
06-17-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah man..the official SHOWDOWN THREAD complete with vids of each lift as they happen! time to take a camera and a laptop DC!

chris mason
06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Daniel had better go! ****, I might just fly to England and go with him! Man, I want to see it SOOOOO bad...

HP666
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
The official website:

http://www.bpc2008.com/

Also check out the promo video on it's own if you like: http://www.xstreamlive.co.uk/promov3.wmv
It's slow loading so give it a minute.

RhodeHouse
06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't usually say this about the guys at the top, but Andy Bolton is a tool. Honestly, who refers to themselves in the 3rd person?

Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie Thompson is going to beat Andy Bolton just like America whooped up on England during the Revolutionary War. Matt Rhodes thinks his bench is about as good as Andy Bolton's (not good at all). Matt Rhodes thinks that Andy Bolton is speaking english and not German because America bailed them out of WWII. Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie's 2850 is bigger than Andy's 2806. Someone check Matt Rhodes' math, but Matt Rhodes thinks that 2850-2806 = 44. By using basic math skills that Matt Rhodes learned in 1st grade, Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie's total is bigger than Andy's.

I'm psyched that "The Daddy" Glenn Ross is lifting again. He is beautiful. He should be the figure head of Rhodestown. If anyone knows how to get in touch with Glenn Ross, let me know.

HP666
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't usually say this about the guys at the top, but Andy Bolton is a tool. Honestly, who refers to themselves in the 3rd person?

Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie Thompson is going to beat Andy Bolton just like America whooped up on England during the Revolutionary War. Matt Rhodes thinks his bench is about as good as Andy Bolton's (not good at all). Matt Rhodes thinks that Andy Bolton is speaking english and not German because America bailed them out of WWII. Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie's 2850 is bigger than Andy's 2806. Someone check Matt Rhodes' math, but Matt Rhodes thinks that 2850-2806 = 44. By using basic math skills that Matt Rhodes learned in 1st grade, Matt Rhodes thinks that Donnie's total is bigger than Andy's.

I'm psyched that "The Daddy" Glenn Ross is lifting again. He is beautiful. He should be the figure head of Rhodestown. If anyone knows how to get in touch with Glenn Ross, let me know.

Big Ken aka "HP666" thinks Matt Rhodes is one of the best guys around. Big Ken would like to buy him a beer someday. :alcoholic:

RhodeHouse
06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Big Ken aka "HP666" thinks Matt Rhodes is one of the best guys around. Big Ken would like to buy him a beer someday. :alcoholic:

Matt Rhodes thinks Big Ken is right. Matt Rhodes wants Big Ken to buy him a beer.

strongkid963
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Matt Rhodes thinks Big Ken is right. Matt Rhodes wants Big Ken to buy him a beer.

haha you all did there the same thing LOL

Lones Green
06-18-2008, 10:23 AM

LOL!

Travis Bell
06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
haha you all did there the same thing LOL

that was the joke

I was over on another site where the guy who made the video came in and said that Andy was talking like that in an effort to get the communnity interested in the show, after I questioned why Andy talked like that. I really don't buy that. There is nothing wrong or uninteresting when lifters show each other mutual respect and you'd never hear Donnie talk about Andy like that.

Just unprofessional I think and Rhodes is right, Andy's bench has never been good. I know he's been working with Crawford on getting it in shape, but (my guess, could be wrong here) I think the best we'll see of him on the bench is around 700 maybe 750 if he has a good day.

I think Donnie is the likely winner and has the most potential right now, but I fully realize Andy is a very strong dude and is the only one who could really beat Donnie at this time should it happen. Smack talk like that though gets under my skin

HP666
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
that was the joke

I was over on another site where the guy who made the video came in and said that Andy was talking like that in an effort to get the communnity interested in the show, after I questioned why Andy talked like that. I really don't buy that. There is nothing wrong or uninteresting when lifters show each other mutual respect and you'd never hear Donnie talk about Andy like that.

I'm sure part of that was in fact ***** talking, but part was showmanship too. I went over to Andy's website to see if there was anything over there and he said this regarding the show: "This will be a great show and what about the battle between me and Donnie, we have not lifted against each other in 3 years, this will be a great battle but i am not going there to lose I can assure you that and neither will Donnie!"

So that lends a little more humility towards it I think.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Its a tough one. I gotta go with Andy here. He doesnt have to bench big if he pulls close to a grand. Or more.

RhodeHouse
06-18-2008, 03:41 PM
that was the joke

Just unprofessional I think and Rhodes is right, Andy's bench has never been good. I know he's been working with Crawford on getting it in shape, but (my guess, could be wrong here) I think the best we'll see of him on the bench is around 700 maybe 750 if he has a good day.

I think Donnie is the likely winner and has the most potential right now, but I fully realize Andy is a very strong dude and is the only one who could really beat Donnie at this time should it happen. Smack talk like that though gets under my skin

Don't get me wrong - Andy is VERY strong. I just don't like the disrespect and the talk like that. The other guy who should be considered as one of the strongest is the dude who squatted 1250. In that contest he totalled 2805. Vlad, I think. Not that he's gonna be there, but...

Go Donnie. Plus, he's the center in "The Program"

Travis Bell
06-18-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah I think you and I are saying the same thing. I completly agree with you. Andy is crazy strong, but he still should hand out the same respect to other lifters that we afford him.

vdizenzo
06-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I'll be very interested to see what Andy pulls in a full meet.

chris mason
06-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll be very interested to see what Andy pulls in a full meet.

Not 1000, of that I am confident.

Leeman
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM

George Leeman thinks we shouldnt judge and talk **** about people we dont know based off a short video where they say something we dont like. George Leeman thinks we shouldnt try to insult England because we dont like the attitude of someone who lives there. George leeman thinks you just made your self look far worse than andy bolton by typeing what you did there.

George Leeman says correct me if Im wrong but if someone shows a trait that you dont like you shouldn't retaliate immediately by doing the same thing, only allot worse than what they did while expressing your disgust. By using common knowledge that George Leeman learned before first grade, George Leeman see's that you are a hypocrite.

Big o Boy
06-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Dude... shut up. lol.

Franco
06-19-2008, 03:20 AM

I might be able to make it. I'll let you know.

Newtt
06-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Will be an interesting matchup.

RhodeHouse
06-19-2008, 06:16 PM
George Leeman thinks we shouldnt judge and talk **** about people we dont know based off a short video where they say something we dont like. George Leeman thinks we shouldnt try to insult England because we dont like the attitude of someone who lives there. George leeman thinks you just made your self look far worse than andy bolton by typeing what you did there.

George Leeman says correct me if Im wrong but if someone shows a trait that you dont like you shouldn't retaliate immediately by doing the same thing, only allot worse than what they did while expressing your disgust. By using common knowledge that George Leeman learned before first grade, George Leeman see's that you are a hypocrite.

Wow, dude. You got me. George, go play in traffic. I'm gonna send you a few dollars. Go buy a personality with a sense of humor included. It's usually only a few extra bucks. Good talk.

Jason Pegg
06-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, dude. You got me. George, go play in traffic. I'm gonna send you a few dollars. Go buy a personality with a sense of humor included. It's usually only a few extra bucks. Good talk.

Rhodes, you are out of your mind today. You always post funny stuff, but between this post and your log at EFS, I have been in tears laughing all day, Thanks man!

Jason

Travis Bell
06-19-2008, 07:16 PM

LOL. I just choked on my protein shake reading that

RhodeHouse
06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Rhodes, you are out of your mind today. You always post funny stuff, but between this post and your log at EFS, I have been in tears laughing all day, Thanks man!

Jason

J-Pegg and Travis,

I do my best. I think I'm angry today. It must be that time of the month. Either that or my amps are filled with estrogen and my "pink aspirins" are birth control. That's explains the sobbing and irrational behavior.

strongkid963
06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
I enjoyed your thoughts on celtics/lakers. leeman, shuty

RhodeHouse
06-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I enjoyed your thoughts on celtics/lakers. leeman, shuty

Thanks dude. Just opinions, but obviously, I feel the need to share them with everybody. Especially if they don't agree with me. I'm such a baby sometimes (all the time).

HP666
06-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Big Ken won't be buying Leeman a beer.

kingkong51
06-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Donnie Thompson

samj
06-22-2008, 05:46 AM
biased people come on bolton

MJay
06-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone know when its being shown on sky?
And which day will Bolton and Thompson be lifting?

Goodwinm
06-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Watch this! The trailer for the BPC 2008!

http://www.xstreamlive.co.uk/promov3.wmv

Andy is going to give it his all. Im voting for Andy but I would say that. Im british. Hes a great guy and a great lifter! Im hoping to be there to watch him dominate!

its on sky sports 3 if you want to watch it!

Lones Green
06-23-2008, 06:46 AM
thats a pretty cool video. i cant even understand what Bolton says at the end...something about 2 people coming in second place?

TJM
06-23-2008, 08:09 AM
don't really care who totals the most.. i just wanna see some new records.