PDA

View Full Version : sleeves

sean51
06-16-2008, 07:13 AM
This might be a repetative question but I am new to the gear game. I have a bench shirt (ragex, 1 ply). I have been stretching it out with water and boards for like 9 weeks now. When I go to touch my chest it stops like a hair from my chest everytime, but when I do half boards it goes right down like nothing. Could it be the sleeves? They are kinda tight. If I losen them a little like some other post said will that make a difference for the bar to touch easier?

Eric Downey
06-16-2008, 07:24 AM
In the whole you gotta reach for it, or your speed is just to slow. You can always add more weight to the bar. Thats seem to help with me. To answer your question I think the sleevs are fine if your getting to a half with no trouble you just have to reach for it and pull it down. Tuck your elbow more, get a better arch, move your hands out wider. It can be a number of things.

Travis Bell
06-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah if you can touch a half board, you can touch your chest. Push your belly up into the bar and really squeeze the bar down. Like Eric said, tuck your elbows hard.

If you make the sleeves bigger, you'll lose alot of pop out of the shirt

sean51
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
thanks guys! i guess i'll just have to get a little more work in it.

Guido
06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
You could also try turning the sleeves out just slightly which should help you touch a bit easier.