PDA

View Full Version : Getting Wisdom Teeth Removed (and Trying to Maintain Weight)

LevesqueIsKing
06-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Any good ideas?

Apparently some people are eating solid food later that same day, why'll others have to eat pudding for a week... I'm fully expecting to lose weight, I'm just trying to offset it as much as possible.

Bergs
06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I ingested milkshakes for about 4 or 5 days, before being able to eat real food. At the time, I wasn't all that interested in maintaining weight, but I imagine ice cream is a good way to maintain calorie intake :)

Guido
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Protein shakes and plenty of milk.

I was eating hotdogs about 3-4 days after I got mine taken out. They still hurt for a couple weeks but I was able to eat regular food.

motoko013
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
i couldn't get much solid food for the first couple of days...i will admit that i did eat a lot of pudding during that time, along with soups. but milk and protein shakes should help as well, and maybe some pb

LevesqueIsKing
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys.

I was planning on taking one week off from the gym. For those of you that have had the operation, does this sound like a good idea? From what I've heard, I just don't know if I'll be able to eat enough to supplement myself if I'm training that next week, plus I'll probably just want to sleep the first day or two. Hopefully after just a week I'll be able to down some real food.

bjohnso
06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys.

I was planning on taking one week off from the gym. For those of you that have had the operation, does this sound like a good idea? From what I've heard, I just don't know if I'll be able to eat enough to supplement myself if I'm training that next week, plus I'll probably just want to sleep the first day or two. Hopefully after just a week I'll be able to down some real food.

Sounds like a good idea. Do what Guido said and grind some **** up in a blender.

Steve24
06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Milkshakes will become your friend... Mine got infected twice afterwards, make sure you keep those holes CLEAN, even if they feel clean stick the thing they give you back there and blast everything out.

LevesqueIsKing
06-20-2008, 06:01 PM
^I don't know what you're talking about. I had the operation today and was given no 'thing' nor did they even mention cleaning the holes. They clearly didn't think it was a very important precaution.

yankeekd25
06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
The worst 7 days of my life. Yes, 7. I had 4 deeply impacted wisdom teeth. My mouth was swollen for an entire week. I woke up from the surgery in a daze, my tongue was numb, and the gauze in my mouth made me want to vomit. For the first 3 days, I wasn't able to speak and I was barely able to drink any type of liquids. I had a total of 2 Vicodin because my mom was afraid I'd get addicted. Tylenol just didn't cut it. I wasn't able to lay my head down either. I didn't sleep the first night, and for a few days I slept sitting up. A year later, my teeth still hurt, and are very sensitive.

Now my sister went to the dentist yesterday and he told her she has 4 impacted wisdoms.... I don't think it could get any worse w/o having a dry socket or anything like that.

LevesqueIsKing
06-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I also had four heavily impacted wisdom teeth, but I'm doing fine. It hurts a little, but I can talk (to the point that people can understand me) and I've just started eating pasta the evening after the operation. You were just unlucky. I feel for you.