PDA

View Full Version : What should you eat?

TheGMan
06-17-2008, 01:23 AM
This may be a daft question but i am sure there are more people like me trying to work this out.

I have worked out my meal plans so many times, i have increased protein, sometimes more carbs and now i am thinking what should i actually eat?

Does anyone know what i should eat ot hav any calculators that will work out how much of the following i should eat daily?

I am 185 pounds and 6 ft 2

Protein -
Carbs -
Fat -
Saturated Fat -
CAlories -

Plus any more things you can think off.

I am sure i have seen a calculator which works out these things but for the life of me can i find it!!

Cheers everyone

Mike

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Don't use the calculators. They are made for population averages, not for you. If you're not gaining weight, add more calories. You should be eating minimum 1 g protein / lb bodyweight and 0.5 g fat / lb bodyweight. Fill in the rest with whatever you want, assuming it's whole healthy foods.

tigerfan
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
whole healthy foods is the key, stay away from processed foods

TheGMan
06-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Thank you for the info, i have seen a Sticky AKMOSS sent over, very good info on it!!

Mademan118
06-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Don't use the calculators. They are made for population averages, not for you. If you're not gaining weight, add more calories. You should be eating minimum 1 g protein / lb bodyweight and 0.5 g fat / lb bodyweight. Fill in the rest with whatever you want, assuming it's whole healthy foods.

Can you provide more information regarding the .5g of fat / lb bodyweight (Links or some literature about this)? Just want to learn some more!

Thanks!

joelhall
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
someone once asked a great sumo wrestler, what he ate to gain weight...

...his answer - anything in the way. course this is a tad different...

point is everyone has a different bmr so dont think by the gram, except where the protein is concerned (primarily building blocks not energy). keep eating plenty and if your fat goes up a little, just cut the calories a bit, especially the carbs. if you find youre not gaining up them a bit. as long as you limit saturated fats (your cardio-vascular system will thank you) and sugars (fat bloke fuel), youll do fine. just find what works for you.

TheGMan
06-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Cheers, that is good info!!

RedSpikeyThing
06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Can you provide more information regarding the .5g of fat / lb bodyweight (Links or some literature about this)? Just want to learn some more!

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have any lierature. I'm going by what built posts this forum. Check out articles blog http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/category/articles/ and check out the links in her sig.