PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Curls

bigbadwolfe
06-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Ok who does them? I was sent an email from a lifter asking how to properly do them so I decided to go ahead a vid them and send them to him. This is how I do mine does anyone do them differently?

Wolfy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QI-o9dbEU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNTaNfgmOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvT1IwHQH9w

Lones Green
06-17-2008, 07:29 PM
nope! i don't do them any other way than the first vid. you're looking massive mike!

HP666
06-17-2008, 08:36 PM
You look very strong in the vids Mike, but lean and mean, what's your bodyweight at now?

Reko
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
I do mine alternating, but to the front (like a combination of the first 2 videos). Not very often though.

deeder
06-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I do mine alternating, but to the front (like a combination of the first 2 videos). Not very often though.

:withstupi:

Ben Moore
06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Alternating cross body and like the first vid. have done these in the past as prehab for stones.

MNRob
06-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I do mine seated backwards on a preacher bench, keeps me from swinging too much.

SDS
06-17-2008, 09:38 PM
I do'em like the 1st video, but I alternate sides. Sometimes I'll do'em with a rope on a low pulley.

Keith
06-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I do them just like you do in the 2nd link.

LevesqueIsKing
06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
...I mimic your first video, with the exception that my ROM is larger. I go until the butt end of the dumbbell touches my shoulder. Is this not proper?

bigbadwolfe
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
OK just what I was looking for, seems as if we all got our own little variations on this exercise. Now the reason I asked was be cause this guy told me that he was basicly doing them like the 1st video but had a guy tell him he was doing them wrong. BUT the guy never offered to show him how to do them properly. So that is why he emailed me and that is why I asked for everyone elses thoughts and views on how to do them.

Thanks guys!!! Guess the best advice to give him is to do them how ever he feels like he is getting the most out of them. I really like doing them bentover I feel as if I get the most out of them like that, so that is how I mostly do them.

Wolfy!!!!

thewicked
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
haha who cares how you do them as long as you hit the targeted muscle group you're trying to work? LOOKING SWOLE MIKIE!

chris mason
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
BIG Mike!

You are looking good!

Ok, I do them more or less like you do in the first video. I will alternate arms sometimes. I haven't really done them regularly in a long time, but I think it is time to begin doing so again.

Chris

Eric Downey
06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
I do mine a different way, but do them weekly.

motoko013
06-18-2008, 02:05 AM
i do them same as the first, but alternating, and with less weight

Jeff Roark
06-18-2008, 07:21 AM
all I know is Wolf is lifting to good old Rod Stewart in the third video!

Big LaP
06-18-2008, 09:15 AM
I do mine one arm at a time on the preacher bench and also alternating arms while seated on incline bench. keeps you going heavy with no cheating.

smokinHawk
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
OH NOES YOU DOING CURLS, IM SURPRISED THE BOARD HASN'T BRANDED YOU AN EVIL CURL JOCKIE,
after all you do is bench and these curls now right:windup::zipit:

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Ok who does them? I was sent an email from a lifter asking how to properly do them so I decided to go ahead a vid them and send them to him. This is how I do mine does anyone do them differently?

Wolfy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QI-o9dbEU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNTaNfgmOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvT1IwHQH9w

I like to sit down on a bench & do dumbbell hammer curls. Also, I do full range of motion:). Otherwords, I raise dumbbells until they almost touch my shoulders & pause @ the top too.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

HP666
06-18-2008, 10:49 AM
OH NOES YOU DOING CURLS, IM SURPRISED THE BOARD HASN'T BRANDED YOU AN EVIL CURL JOCKIE,
after all you do is bench and these curls now right:windup::zipit:

HEY!! Wait a minute now.... he's doing HAMMER curls, which aren't just a bicep exercise, so they're ok. Now if Mike was sitting in the end of a bench doing concentration curls with a 20lb dumbbell, well then we may have a problem. :evillaugh:

Hazerboy
06-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Personally Wolfe, I think this thread is just an excuse to show off your new physique. Looking good man! Whats the weight at now?

And yeah curls are curls. Do them whatever way gives you the most gains. Its not like deadlift or bench where if you're not doing them a certain way you'll hurt yourself.

HP666
06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
You look very strong in the vids Mike, but lean and mean, what's your bodyweight at now?

Personally Wolfe, I think this thread is just an excuse to show off your new physique. Looking good man! Whats the weight at now?

That's what I was wondering. :thumbup:

smokinHawk
06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
HEY!! Wait a minute now.... he's doing HAMMER curls, which aren't just a bicep exercise, so they're ok. Now if Mike was sitting in the end of a bench doing concentration curls with a 20lb dumbbell, well then we may have a problem. :evillaugh:

i dont think he could fit his hands between a 20lb dumbbell there to big.

CleverName
06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I like how you turn your head to each bicep while you're doing alternating curls. :zipit:

bigbadwolfe
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM

And yeah curls are curls. Do them whatever way gives you the most gains. Its not like deadlift or bench where if you're not doing them a certain way you'll hurt yourself.

Well Yeah!!! Geesh come on :) Hahahahaha!!!!

rmccray
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM
i personally love the alternating style

bigbadwolfe
06-18-2008, 03:43 PM
i personally love the alternative lifestyle

Something you and Vin wanna tell us? Hahahaha!!!!