PDA

View Full Version : On the GO Bulking Food

motor head
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Anyone care to share their favorite quick foods you eat while bulking? Are energy bars good? Specific drinks? whatever...

I like peanut butter toast.

BFGUITAR
06-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Peanutbutter straight from the jar, screw toast.

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
nuts, nut butters, seeds, shakes, milk, etc.

AKMass
06-18-2008, 06:31 AM

Seconded.

motor head
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM
well with the toast you get carbs...

The Bran Man
06-19-2008, 05:56 AM

Hell yeah, like a man

AKMass
06-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Instead of eating the bread, eat more peanut butter. Unless you need the extra carbs for some reason....Which if you're bulking I dunno why you would.

RedSpikeyThing
06-19-2008, 09:23 AM
well with the toast you get carbs...

so what?

VikingWarlord
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
nut butters

That's what she said!

emjlr3
06-19-2008, 08:51 PM
nuts/PB/shakes - fast food works too, very calorie dense

RhodeHouse
06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Instead of eating the bread, eat more peanut butter. Unless you need the extra carbs for some reason....Which if you're bulking I dunno why you would.

Carbs should be the staple of any weight gain effort. They are protein sparing. You actually don't need as much protein if you keep your carbs up.

As for on the go foods:

1. fast food
2. trail mix (eat a 1 gallon bag of home made trail mix everyday
3. 1 gallon of Gatorade everyday
4. candy bars
5. PB sandwiches
6. anything you can put in your pockets and eat in about 30 seconds

The key is to never ne caught without food. Always keep a jar of nuts or trail mix and soda in tyour car. Everytime you get in the car, you should eat and drink something. The calories will add up over the day.

Invain
06-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow a gallon of trail mix? I'd be damn sick of peanuts and raisins, lol.

JohnnyBrown
06-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Gogurt of course

but seriously a gallon of trail mix? the trail mix I eat is 600 callories per cup, that'd add up to 9600 calories lol wow that is insane to imagine eating that. But yes RhodeHouse summed it up pretty well.

If I could add anything to the list I'd say half gallons of milk, or if you can drink it fast enough to keep it cold, whole gallons.

BFGUITAR
06-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Carbs should be the staple of any weight gain effort. They are protein sparing. You actually don't need as much protein if you keep your carbs up.

As for on the go foods:

1. fast food
4. candy bars
5. PB sandwiches

The key is to never ne caught without food. Always keep a jar of nuts or trail mix and soda in tyour car. Everytime you get in the car, you should eat and drink something. The calories will add up over the day.

WTF a gallon of trail mix? That's unbelievable.

AKMass
06-20-2008, 05:55 AM

As for on the go foods:

1. fast food
4. candy bars
5. PB sandwiches

I got pwned. :(

RhodeHouse
06-20-2008, 07:23 AM
I got pwned. :(

No, I'm just a wanna be fat-kid. These are all things I've done to help me gain weight. The gallon bag of trail mix is brutal. But, if you can stand it for a few days/weeks, it'll get you jump started on weight gain.

Honestly, the best advice I got was about the gallon of Gatorade everyday. Vincent Dizenzo told me about this. It really helps alot. I think for me, because it kept me hydrated. I tend to eat enough, but lack in the hydration side of things. Fluids really help you pack on the pounds.

When in doubt, eat. JM Blakely had his "Rule of twos". If you eat 1, might as well eat 2. You automatically double your caloric intake following this rule. Just be creative. If it involves eating and drinking, try it.

VikingWarlord
06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
As for on the go foods:

1. fast food
4. candy bars
5. PB sandwiches

Sweet ****ing Christ...

Do you suggest getting very large cargo pants or carrying a backpack everywhere?

ProLogic
06-20-2008, 10:32 PM
"You carry a backpack full with food everywhere you go?!"

RhodeHouse
06-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Sweet ****ing Christ...

Do you suggest getting very large cargo pants or carrying a backpack everywhere?

It comes down to how bad you want it. I keep trail mix and soda in my truck at all times. I never run out of Gatorade. I plan my day/week of eating out, so do whatever you have to do to get to your goals. The guys that are using some of these ideas in their own way, will make progress. Those that complain about carrying a bag around will probably remain small and constantly blame everything but themselves for why they can't grow.

Whether you like my ideas/attitude or not, I was a 190lb skinny weakling when I started lifting. Now I'm 315lbs. That doesn't just happen. It's taken 14 years of hard work and dedication to get to this point.

Anything worth having takes a lot of hard work and time.

VikingWarlord
06-22-2008, 07:40 AM
It comes down to how bad you want it. I keep trail mix and soda in my truck at all times. I never run out of Gatorade. I plan my day/week of eating out, so do whatever you have to do to get to your goals. The guys that are using some of these ideas in their own way, will make progress. Those that complain about carrying a bag around will probably remain small and constantly blame everything but themselves for why they can't grow.

Whether you like my ideas/attitude or not, I was a 190lb skinny weakling when I started lifting. Now I'm 315lbs. That doesn't just happen. It's taken 14 years of hard work and dedication to get to this point.

Anything worth having takes a lot of hard work and time.

Keeping that kind of thing in the vehicle/desk makes perfect sense and I wasn't really knocking it. I just have an amusing mental picture of kids in school with two bags, one for books and one for food.

Lones Green
06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Keeping that kind of thing in the vehicle/desk makes perfect sense and I wasn't really knocking it. I just have an amusing mental picture of kids in school with two bags, one for books and one for food.

haha, i carried a cooler around school my senior year when i was trying to hit 275 lbs