PDA

View Full Version : Protein intake on off days

rhodes588
06-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Do you have to intake the same amount of protein, even if you are going to take a few weeks or so off?

JonTheFisher
06-18-2008, 10:22 PM
my diets the exact same everyday. i never cut calories on off days but im also bulking so thats just my 2cents

bjohnso
06-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Absolutely. Don't slack off on protein intake, especially if you are deloading. I actually get less protein on my workout days than my rest days because I am cutting, and I have to decide whether carbs or protein are more important on workout days - well, for workout days it's carbs.

rhodes588
06-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm on a bulk right now, so I should keep my carb intake regular and my protein high?

bjohnso
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm on a bulk right now, so I should keep my carb intake regular and my protein high?

Keep the protein at 1g/lb of bodyweight or more. You can increase carbs or protein (or both) if you want to gain weight.

thewicked
06-19-2008, 12:57 PM
intake should be about the same on as it is on your off days.. protien should be figured in by how much you weigh AND how much you train..not just one or the other. If you want to make consistent gains... eat consistent meals with consistently high quality protien supplements like those offered by ALN or other brands.

key word here is consistent..as in consistency is key in this business!

mickyjune26
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
intake should be about the same on as it is on your off days.. protien should be figured in by how much you weigh AND how much you train..not just one or the other. If you want to make consistent gains... eat consistent meals with consistently high quality protien supplements like those offered by ALN or other brands.

key word here is consistent..as in consistency is key in this business!

You got that right man. It took my 8 friggin years to figure that out. Sometimes I wonder where'd I been if I'd found WBB when I was 16! :)

emjlr3
06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
what are your goals?

when i bulk I just eat, period. the more the merrier
just make sure you get enough protein, fat and fiber

if I am cutting I usually drop calories a bit on off days, simply by replacing some of my starchy carbs with more fibrous carbs
protein always stays the same - which is dependent upon my bw, same with fat

protein is your muscle builder - not enough and you will suffer - make sure you are getting no less then 1.6-1.8g/kg

rhodes588
06-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I weigh a measly 160, so I try and intake ATLEAST 180 grams on training days. I have been taking 160 on my two weeks off since my elbow has been bothering me. I was 150 6 months ago, and gained a clean 10 lbs since. Everyone tells me to eat everything I can, but I try and stay with clean food, instead of grease and sugar. Is this where I'm going wrong?

Also, my goals are to get up to 180-190 atleast, and try to cut a few pounds (I'm 16% BF as of now)