PDA

View Full Version : What Pisses you off at the gym?

Pages : [1] 2

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 01:24 PM
The things that bug the **** out of me are:

1. Curling in the F'n Squat rack!

2. Doing 1/4 squats and groaning as loud as you can so the whole gym can hear.

3. Some ******* saying "squatting is bad for my knees so, I dont do it." But, I will go running. That is even better for the knees. lol

4. Half bench presses. And people bragging about it.

5. People who put baby making music on in the gym.

6. The guy who told me that he used to bench 600 pounds raw when he weighed 165. And didnt even train for it.

7. Any Tool who wears an under armour shirt. If you have big guns, it will show in a regular shirt. Especially the big fat guys in under armour.

8. My hands hurt when I deadlift so I use gloves guy.

9. Fat girls with spandex, wearing a thong that sticks out of the shorts. That is also wearing a half t-shirt.

10. Any girl who wears 2 pounds of makeup on her face to the gym to do cardio. Heres your sign.

11. The guy who puts a towel on his chest when he benches cuz everytime he does a rep in impales his chest.

12. The guy who told me that doing full range is bad for your chest. :bang:

13. The girl who says "I dont want to lift, cuz I dont wanna look like a guy". :bash:. Tell that to Kara, Priscilla Ribic, Michelle Amsden, Heather lee Hulseburg, Hartwig, Wei-Ling Chen, Jill Mills, Jen Maile, Amy Vaughn, Julia Zaugolova, Amanda Harris, etc, etc, etc.

14. The tools who go waaaay too heavy of weight for them in the bench. And one guy does an upright row and the other guy tries not to get crushed by the weight. And this is followed by the guy doing the upright row saying "One more rep". Why have the guy do 10 when he couldnt do 2?

15. Finally, Everyone knows this guy. A guy comes to the gym and tells me and Scot that he benches 600 raw over and over again. We go to do warmups and we get to the 450 warmup and he gets crushed. I had thoughts in my head about not picking the weight up off of him. He then says that he is used to unracking the weight himself so we let him do it and again he gets crushed. I lift it off of him, rack it and he tells me "I had another 3 in me". I told him I wasnt there to do upright rows.:thumbup:

16. The "I used to do that when I was younger guy". Thanks Nick for that one.

17. The 135 pound shrug in the power rack guy. Thanks Detard. I cant beleive I missed some of these.

18. 135lb kids that wear under armor in matching colors with headbands/armbands/shoes.. Thanks, Little Jake.

19. Doing heavy 1 inch squats in the smith machine. -Justen

20. Women who wear revealing clothing... and then get disgusted when you look at them. -Bob

21. People that talk more than they lift....-Rock

22. People on their cell phone between sets -Rock

23. The NO CHALK rule at gyms....I simply ignore that one-Rock(good one)

24. TOUGH GUYS that dont do ANY leg work...-Rock

25. The Goof who looks at himself in the mirror for over an hour wearin grapesmugglers and an under armour shirt. And doesnt touch a weight.

26. Leaving a frickin mess in the gym.

Any add ons? I dig ranting every once in awhile. I figured this would be a good rant thread.

jtteg_x
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Honestly, nothing pisses me off unless its affecting my workout. There is a guy who hogs the power rack. He 1/8 squats 4 plates and deadlifts 1 plate + change that takes literally 1.5-2 hours. He likes to write in his little diary in between sets and takes 5min+ rest. He does the exact same weight every Thursday. This commercial gym is all I got and they can't do nothing about it. :bang:

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
How about the jerkweed that asked me to leave the 24 hour fitness in fort worth because I was distracting the people on the cardio machines. HUH? I wasnt even doing that much weight. Or screaming, etc.

rmccray
06-18-2008, 02:12 PM
please tell me what is wrong with fat girls in spandex??????????
i love looking at that!!!! belly shirts sweatty butt cracks and about 250 lbs at 5ft 5in now thats a hot lookin gym rat:omg:

Travis Bell
06-18-2008, 02:42 PM
I get really irritated at guys who ask for help on form issues and then when I tell them what they are doing wrong, go on to explain to me why its better to do it the wrong way. Unbelievable.

Priest, I actually had a guy who said he could bench 500 and warmed up like you said. We worked up to 315 and he got it for a good single (rest of us did triples) and he said "I'm saving myself for the single" ok, fine, whatever. We just go straight to 405 and the guy gets stapled. He said it was because I gave him a bad handout. He took it again and I pulled it off him and he gets up yellin "heck yeah!!!" I told him there is no credit for a bench I pulled off you. He got all pissed and then said he could do it again if he wanted too. I handed out to him, watched him take it down and watched it just sit on his chest....for like 30 seconds haha. He squeezed and pushed and the weight just sat there. Finally I just said "are you ready for me to lift it off you again" he just nodded real quick and we pulled it into the rack

Of course he had more excuses but I think down deep he knew he sucked. The bummer was he definatly had the potential, his ego was just too big and he couldn't be helped. If the guy had just dialed back his ego and lowered the weight to do the exercise properly I have no doubt he could have some day benched 500. Instead he's now injured. Go figure

Szust
06-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I imagine every time my weights hit the floor after a pendlay row the rest of the gym gets pretty upset. It's not even that I let it drop, the weights have a little space on the bar so they make a loud bang every time they touch the floor. The owner normally works out the same time I do, and always puts on a sour face when I'm there.

NickW
06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I get annoyed by the guys who weigh 220, benching 225, and telling me they could put up as much weight on the bench as I do if they were my size (or saying they used to do the same weights as me when they were my age).

Detard
06-18-2008, 03:00 PM
The guy who will take up the power rack so he can do behind the back shrugs with 135 on the bar... I seriously wanted to smash that guy's face in. I was waiting to use the rack for seated BB shoulder press so I kindly asked him how many more sets (after he had already done 4) and he said "alot...".

Szust
06-18-2008, 03:07 PM
The guy who will take up the power rack so he can do behind the back shrugs with 135 on the bar... I seriously wanted to smash that guy's face in. I was waiting to use the rack for seated BB shoulder press so I kindly asked him how many more sets (after he had already done 4) and he said "alot...".

I always hog the only power rack at my gym. Thankfully there are only curl jockeys so no one gets angry.

joey54
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I get really irritated at guys who ask for help on form issues and then when I tell them what they are doing wrong, go on to explain to me why its better to do it the wrong way. Unbelievable.

Priest, I actually had a guy who said he could bench 500 and warmed up like you said. We worked up to 315 and he got it for a good single (rest of us did triples) and he said "I'm saving myself for the single" ok, fine, whatever. We just go straight to 405 and the guy gets stapled. He said it was because I gave him a bad handout. He took it again and I pulled it off him and he gets up yellin "heck yeah!!!" I told him there is no credit for a bench I pulled off you. He got all pissed and then said he could do it again if he wanted too. I handed out to him, watched him take it down and watched it just sit on his chest....for like 30 seconds haha. He squeezed and pushed and the weight just sat there. Finally I just said "are you ready for me to lift it off you again" he just nodded real quick and we pulled it into the rack

Of course he had more excuses but I think down deep he knew he sucked. The bummer was he definatly had the potential, his ego was just too big and he couldn't be helped. If the guy had just dialed back his ego and lowered the weight to do the exercise properly I have no doubt he could have some day benched 500. Instead he's now injured. Go figure

This is stuff which happens when you are not training at Westside, right Travis? I can't imagine you have anything to complain about when training there.

fooz
06-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I can't stand when people think there strong, when they bench press more then me.. I ask them, so how much do you deadlift and squat? There response: A.) I don't do that. B.) What? C.) Who cares?

But hey, i'm stronger then you cuz my bench is stronger.

JSully
06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
The things that bug the **** out of me are:

1. Curling in the F'n Squat rack!
I do this. I pay for a gym membership like everyone else. If I have to wait 20 minutes to squat in the squat rack while some guy's doing 55lb bb curls, then someone else can wait for the squat rack when I'm doing my bb curls..

4. Half bench presses. And people bragging about it.
careful.. some people call these board presses.. ;) lol

How about the jerkweed that asked me to leave the 24 hour fitness in fort worth because I was distracting the people on the cardio machines. HUH? I wasnt even doing that much weight. Or screaming, etc.
I got booted from 24hr for deadlifting. My touch and go 405 "made too much noise". The fitness manager argued my form and I called him out and told him to do it himself. He disagreed. I did my next set, he booted me. I picked up the weight in front of him and dropped it then walked out as he ordered me to re-rack the weight.. yeah,, I'll get right on that :rolleyes:.. then I went to the next 24hour fitness down the street (about 8 miles away) and finished my DL workout since I never had issues there..

I do these too.. but I used 275 for behind the back shrugs and normally superset that with front shrugs. Same premise though, shrugs in the rack. You could have done seated bb press on the bench by sitting with your chest facing the bar. :)

:hello:

Whenever I need the rack and someone is on it, I just wait or swap my workout around and do other things first. I actually used that bb shoulder press on the regular bench technique for a long time.

Back on topic, I hate 135lb kids that wear under armor in matching colors with headbands/armbands/shoes.. :rolleyes:

I hate when ppl bother me MID-SET to bull**** with me.. especially if I don't even know them..

I hate when people accuse me of never working a bodypart or working a bodypart too much, when I only see them once a week.. I have been commented on working legs and back way more than needed.. wtf..

bigbadwolfe
06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I hate the girl on the treadmill running in the Sports Bra, makes it real hard to focus some days!!! Good thing I do all my heavy benching at Westside. Well ya know I guess I really dont "hate" hate her :)

justen caputo
06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
1.curling in the power rack,gotta love that.2.putting a bench in the squat rack,loading the bar with 4 or 5 plates and squatting 2 inches,not coming anywhere near the bench.3.doing heavy 1 inch squats in the smith machine.4.guys with big upperbodys walking around with stick toothpick legs thinking they're the greatest thing,my gym is famous for that.5.people that talk on cell phones between sets.

county_football
06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I hate the girl on the treadmill running in the Sports Bra, makes it real hard to focus some days!!! Good thing I do all my heavy benching at Westside. Well ya know I guess I really dont "hate" hate her :)

agreed lol and the girl who streches and streches and streches...both a curse and a blessing lol

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:04 PM
My god, I have seen the light now. Fat chicks in spandex is what that has been missing.
If we had voted hillary in, this could have been a reality in every senate chair. Damn.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:08 PM

lol. good story. I took it off of him cuz the guy had potential. So, I wanted him to come back. Just shut his mouth and lift. He never came back anyways. So, maybe I shoulda did what you did.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I imagine every time my weights hit the floor after a pendlay row the rest of the gym gets pretty upset. It's not even that I let it drop, the weights have a little space on the bar so they make a loud bang every time they touch the floor. The owner normally works out the same time I do, and always puts on a sour face when I'm there.

F em. Its a gym. Your working out. Your not getting upset when they are watching oprah and sitting on a lifecycle pettling.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I get annoyed by the guys who weigh 220, benching 225, and telling me they could put up as much weight on the bench as I do if they were my size (or saying they used to do the same weights as me when they were my age).

Damn, I forgot the "I used to guy". Nice catch, Nick.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
This is stuff which happens when you are not training at Westside, right Travis? I can't imagine you have anything to complain about when training there.

It would be fun to train at Westside.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I do this. I pay for a gym membership like everyone else. If I have to wait 20 minutes to squat in the squat rack while some guy's doing 55lb bb curls, then someone else can wait for the squat rack when I'm doing my bb curls..

careful.. some people call these board presses.. ;) lol

I got booted from 24hr for deadlifting. My touch and go 405 "made too much noise". The fitness manager argued my form and I called him out and told him to do it himself. He disagreed. I did my next set, he booted me. I picked up the weight in front of him and dropped it then walked out as he ordered me to re-rack the weight.. yeah,, I'll get right on that :rolleyes:.. then I went to the next 24hour fitness down the street (about 8 miles away) and finished my DL workout since I never had issues there..

I do these too.. but I used 275 for behind the back shrugs and normally superset that with front shrugs. Same premise though, shrugs in the rack. You could have done seated bb press on the bench by sitting with your chest facing the bar. :)

:hello:

Whenever I need the rack and someone is on it, I just wait or swap my workout around and do other things first. I actually used that bb shoulder press on the regular bench technique for a long time.

Back on topic, I hate 135lb kids that wear under armor in matching colors with headbands/armbands/shoes.. :rolleyes:

I hate when ppl bother me MID-SET to bull**** with me.. especially if I don't even know them..

I hate when people accuse me of never working a bodypart or working a bodypart too much, when I only see them once a week.. I have been commented on working legs and back way more than needed.. wtf..

Why not curl on a preacher? or with dumbells? Or just standing barbell?

I agree with the under armour kid. lol

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:23 PM

That is actually a plus, Wolfy! Checkin them out between sets passes the time faster.

JSully
06-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Why not curl on a preacher? or with dumbells? Or just standing barbell?

I agree with the under armour kid. lol

I do preacher... and I do dumbbell..

I hate standing with the bench in between my legs while curling BB. And it's easier to pickup the weight from the pins than from the floor for standing BB.

:D :thumbup:

I also take up the squat rack for a good hour sometimes when I'm doing complexes..

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
1.curling in the power rack,gotta love that.2.putting a bench in the squat rack,loading the bar with 4 or 5 plates and squatting 2 inches,not coming anywhere near the bench.3.doing heavy 1 inch squats in the smith machine.4.guys with big upperbodys walking around with stick toothpick legs thinking they're the greatest thing,my gym is famous for that.5.people that talk on cell phones between sets.

the smith machine 1" squat, classic.

JSully
06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
OH... I have a great one:::

The medium sized ripped guy at the gym who asks me how can get bigger. I tell him to eat. He tells me he eats "alot". I tell him to eat more. He tells me he can't. I tell him to shove the food down his throat until he gets bigger. He argues. Years pass by and he's the same size.

Now, here's the funny part. I overheard a guy at my gym telling one of the trainer's he can't gain weight and he's eating 17,000kcals /day with over 6,000kcals coming from protein..

LMAO.. RIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!

Szust
06-18-2008, 04:33 PM

The medium sized ripped guy at the gym who asks me how can get bigger. I tell him to eat. He tells me he eats "alot". I tell him to eat more. He tells me he can't. I tell him to shove the food down his throat until he gets bigger. He argues. Years pass by and he's the same size.

Now, here's the funny part. I overheard a guy at my gym telling one of the trainer's he can't gain weight and he's eating 17,000kcals /day with over 6,000kcals coming from protein..

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 17,000 kcals? You just made my day.

PriestCometh
06-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Sounds like hes full of sh^t.

Travis Bell
06-18-2008, 04:57 PM

LOL yeah. I have to train at a commercial gym when home for the summer.

Definatly nothing to complain about at Westside!

frank
06-18-2008, 05:01 PM
i used to lift in my high schools weight room. our football team is a bunch of weak bitches and my school is really small so if you can bench 185 or above you become famous for it....

anyway how about the "i cant drink water because my biceps feel like they are going to explode" guy

justen caputo
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
there's actually a guy at my gym who deadlifts on the smith machine,no lie.

Bob
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
When I'm on business travel, I hate gyms that don't allow Deadlifting... or gyms without at least one squat rack... or machine-only gyms where the threadmills are mixed right in with the limited equipment..

At my regular gym not too much gets to me, folks leave me alone when I'm using anything more then 3 plates... but here are few things that I might add to your list:

..people doing walking lunges right behind my rack as I'm taking out a squat

..vulgar language when there are elderly women or youngsters around... I don't mind swearing and do it enough, but there is a right and wrong time & place..

..trainers who don't have a clue... sticking folks on those big rubber balls instead of doing some squats and DLs... or when they explain to their clients how bad squats are when they are nearby and within listening distance..

..young men who ask how to get big? What supplements? What steroids? etc.. and then when you tell them to eat a lot and lift heavy, they laugh it off and go do 25 sets of different kind of curls & tricep extensions...

..women who wear revealing clothing... and then get disgusted when you look at them. If you don't want to be glared at, then put a long sleeve t-shirt and sweatpants on... like I do!! Oh wait.. maybe that's just b/c I'm old and fat... :)

MillerTime1485
06-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Only thing that really pisses me off is having 4-5 guys in a group who think their the **** taking up everything I need to use. Curling in the squat rack, then run over and do some bench press, steal my other barbell and start doing deadlifts all at the same time. I got so fed up the other day that I just threw their weights off their barbell in the squat rack and did my own thing.

youngguns
06-18-2008, 06:16 PM

****... im totally that guy... except ive gotten bigger in the last 2 years, and instead of asking people in the gym, i make stupid posts about it.

jbrin0tk
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
****... im totally that guy... except ive gotten bigger in the last 2 years, and instead of asking people in the gym, i make stupid posts about it.

hey man, at least you're willing to admit it!

JSully
06-18-2008, 07:32 PM
lol.. that's the first step.. :thumbup:

weasel
06-18-2008, 07:55 PM
14. The tools who go waaaay too heavy of weight for them in the bench. And one guy does an upright row and the other guy tries not to get crushed by the weight. And this is followed by the guy doing the upright row saying "One more rep". Why have the guy do 10 when he couldnt do 2?

They are all over around here and part of them claim thier maxes with this method.

I really hate when people come to the gym just to make thier presence known that they are there.....you see them trot around and chat with people for a while,stand around on the phone,etc.... ------- then leave never doing anything at all.

SGT ROCK
06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
The dudes that wear the tank tops that show their nippled and waistline...

Anyone doing something other than squat on the squat rack

People that talk more than they lift....SEE GOLDS GYMS IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA FOR THAT ONE

People on their cell phone between sets

The NO CHALK rule at gyms....I simply ignore that one

The guys that do the ALL MACHINE workouts and flex in between sets
(no they arent doing this due to injury)

The TOUGH GUYS that dont do ANY leg work

Those are but a few

Semper Fi

getfit
06-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I hate everything.Thanks :D

Keith
06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I hate everything.

:withstupi:

Which is why I train at home.

Justin Ryan
06-18-2008, 09:27 PM
I hate the people that think they know everything about form and lifting because they've "Read a book."

This guy today told me that I am supposed to keep my legs straight when doing dead lifts.... I told him I wasn't doing that type of deads right now. We argued for a while about crap and he said the book he read didn't say there was more than one way.....:mad:

Mad Max
06-19-2008, 05:50 AM
This isn't something that annoys me, but rather puzzles me. When you're using the squat/power rack and someone else comes along who wants to do squats. You offer for them to work in, but they decline and decide to do leg press instead. Why are they ok with abandoning their squat workout in favour of something less productive? Is there no plan to their workout?

Eric Downey
06-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I hate people that use my 100's for there quater press legs presses and dont put them back or if the do put them back there just laying next to the rack. Pick the **** up you little pussy, or they use the 150+ DB we have the only myself and 2 other people can do them properly. Drop them and break them and then leave them on the floor so the gay gym owner blames it on us.

PelleK
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM

You get pissed off because u see someone wearing gloves to protect their hands at the gym? I wear gloves, went without for about a year, and it feels alot better lifting heavy without having ur skin peel off the inside of ur hand afterwards. Didn't know ppl got pissed about it.

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
7. Any Tool who wears an under armour shirt. If you have big guns, it will show in a regular shirt. Especially the big fat guys in under armour.
My fav.. hahah..

Guys who think they own the weights.
Im sick of guys that cant lift against other guys at the gym, so they pick on the girls. yea, it happens.

Huh?

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
The Goof who looks at himself in the mirror for over an hour wearin grapesmugglers and an under armour shirt. And doesnt touch a weight.

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
This isn't something that annoys me, but rather puzzles me. When you're using the squat/power rack and someone else comes along who wants to do squats. You offer for them to work in, but they decline and decide to do leg press instead. Why are they ok with abandoning their squat workout in favour of something less productive? Is there no plan to their workout?

true

brihead301
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Ya, everybody that's not me pisses me off, and even I piss myself off sometimes.

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 12:24 PM

You get pissed off because u see someone wearing gloves to protect their hands at the gym? I wear gloves, went without for about a year, and it feels alot better lifting heavy without having ur skin peel off the inside of ur hand afterwards. Didn't know ppl got pissed about it.

In our sport it isnt legal to use gloves while deadlifting. Your hand wouldnt have those problems if you get a calous(sp?) remover and try to keep those bad boys down. Its a constant struggle to keep them down.

mickyjune26
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Sometimes I hate everyone. Then again, I think I have problems.

thewicked
06-19-2008, 12:43 PM
PEOPLE NOT PICKING UP THEIR ****! Even the personal trainers at the gym I train my clients at don't do it. People just leave stuff all over! I don't think we have a single MATCHING pair of dumbbells that hasn't been put next to one another since I've been there!

strongkid963
06-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I cant stand the people who work chest only (high reps BTW) then always ask me when i am doing a compound movement (deadlifts squat farmers etc..) "whats that for?"

example *I am in the middle of deadlift set around 400 lbs* then fat bencher says"whats that for?" i say "everything" he says "c'mon"*in hispanic ancient*
i ignore.

happens all the time remember the line "WHATS THAT FOR?"

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
PEOPLE NOT PICKING UP THEIR ****! Even the personal trainers at the gym I train my clients at don't do it. People just leave stuff all over! I don't think we have a single MATCHING pair of dumbbells that hasn't been put next to one another since I've been there!

That does suck.

jtteg_x
06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
i know im not the only one here but who else trains at a commercial or public gym to have people come ask you whats that (bench shirt, deadlift/squat suit, boards, bands, chains, etc)?

pberge
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
I can't stand the people who put the plates back in random locations on the weight tree. Trying to quickly change weights only to find 2 25's a 10 and a couple of 2 1/2's in front of that 45 that you need is really annoying. But even more annoying is looking for the spring clips and finding them hidden behind a stack of weights on the tree.

Is it really that hard to put them where they belong, and to get the clips out of the way before you do it?

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
We have a sauna and this old cat comes in and sits down with his bare sweaty balls on the wood. When there is clearly a sign that says no nudity. Then he gets up and leaves after i speak to him about it. The next day I go back to the sauna and he has been in there awhile with his old sweaty balls. This time there is a pool of his nut sweat. He sees me and then leaves. Then not a minute after he leaves a marine friend of mine goes in and I didnt notice at first(because I threw a towel over my head), but he laid down right in the sweat pool. I had to tell him as soon as I saw. He freaked(****, i would too). I saw him today and had to sing Chefs chocolate salty balls song. lol.

aebasher
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
im one of the people that use a squat rack for something other then squats, im a new to lifting and dont know better :)

Jaybird88
06-19-2008, 03:31 PM
We have a sauna and this old cat comes in and sits down with his bare sweaty balls on the wood. When there is clearly a sign that says no nudity. Then he gets up and leaves after i speak to him about it. The next day I go back to the sauna and he has been in there awhile with his old sweaty balls. This time there is a pool of his nut sweat. He sees me and then leaves. Then not a minute after he leaves a marine friend of mine goes in and I didnt notice at first(because I threw a towel over my head), but he laid down right in the sweat pool. I had to tell him as soon as I saw. He freaked(****, i would too). I saw him today and had to sing Chefs chocolate salty balls song. lol.

I'm not sure a commercial gym exists that doesn't have one of these old farts.

I was doing rack presses the other day, trying to work on the weak part of my bench, when an acquaintance of mine walks over and asks,"What the hell are you doing?" I told him pin presses for a weak point(which I thought to make perfect sense), to which he rolled his eyes and left. Obviously, he's one of the club douche bags that shuns anything he doesn't understand or subscribe to..

PriestCometh
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
im one of the people that use a squat rack for something other then squats, im a new to lifting and dont know better :)

well, pinpresses are acceptable in the power rack

PelleK
06-20-2008, 04:45 AM

Haha, oh wow. And thanks for telling me about the glove thing. I didn't know.

Mad Max
06-20-2008, 05:40 AM

Now I remember what p*sses me off about this guy. He has no issue with substituting squats for leg extensions, simply becuase he can't wait five minutes for you to finish with the rack. But when he finds you using the 15lb dbs (high rep lateral raises ok) he is determined to have them. 12.5lbs or 17.5lbs simply will not do, the 15lb dbs are absolutely intergal to his workout.

JayM181
06-20-2008, 06:57 AM
People using the Bench pad to lay the bar when they're doing their hig rep curls. People spending lots of time dicking with their ipods. Skinny people that likes to turn the fan on all the time 'cause they don't want to sweat.

j03
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM

I'm with you on this one... I used gloves too. Especially for dead's (for me atleast), it really helps my grip or atleast mentally i think that :)

mickyjune26
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA - CHOCOLATE SALTY BALLS!!!

Reko
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
A guy brought a book to read inbetween sets once. And if that wasn't enough, he brought a dictionary to look up words he didn't know.

Reko
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
i know im not the only one here but who else trains at a commercial or public gym to have people come ask you whats that (bench shirt, deadlift/squat suit, boards, bands, chains, etc)?

ooooooh yes.

Mad Max
06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
A few more...

1.)Guys who walk around with a tough guy grimace on their face. We probably all feel faintly ridiculous spending our time lifiting heavy stuff off the ground, but these guys just bring a whole new level of 'camp pantomime' to the experience.

2.)Guys who use the chin up bar for hanging (yes just hanging)

3.)The fact that the squat rack is always free, but there's always at least five guys waiting for the 20lb DBs.

Reko
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
^^ actually, I'll hang for short periods of time to help decompress my spine a bit on back/squat days.
:)

For whatever reason though I get better results with a dip station.

Mad Max
06-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Indeed, but it would eb nice to see them perform a chin up just once.

jbrin0tk
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I saw something that irked me a bit today. A trainer at my gym was trying to teach a guy how to deadlift (I was shocked), and the trainer could barely pull 135lbs. His face was sooo red and he was huffing and puffing.

thewicked
06-20-2008, 03:15 PM
here's one after todays' 585 set of 5 pulls off a 4" box...

YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR LOWERBACK AND SHOULD WEAR A BELT AT ALL TIMES IN THE GYM! I told him don't believe everything you hear and there's no reason to wear a belt all the time. It helps develop core strength and just like straps..only use it when you need it and that's it.

...as he continued to tell me how i should train and it does'nt look like he's lifted a day in his life...

here's another good one today. A guy who's juiced to the gills unable to even bench press 315 for a horrible single telling me how my bench press setup is all wrong and that I should bench press much wider after he saw me benching the other day. I told him I'd consider it.

I'M SORRY SAY WHAT?!

lol i forget what corporate gyms are like...this is why I love barbell clubs.

BFGUITAR
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I get the "what are you doing" thing a lot. I am happy to explain it to them but they usually just shrug it off.

The worst are the skinny teen punks who want to go on roids... I met one the other day. I was shocked and told him not to even think about it.

jtteg_x
06-21-2008, 02:44 AM

FYI: this decompresses your spine on the vertebrae level. i had to do this at one point for therapy reasons. works similar to inversion tables.

ps: im buzzed so excuse any typo

Mad Max
06-21-2008, 04:55 AM
^^ But for guys who only train biceps and chest?

Sean Hatley
06-21-2008, 05:30 AM
The guy with the shirt 2 sizes small with the collar popped wearing those big ass Gucci glasses who thinks he's hot S#%t and says you should use a spot when deadlifting. That i the mark of a genuine Douch Bag

Gee
06-21-2008, 06:40 AM
That guy who watches the machine while day dreaming.
That guy whos more interested in your workout then his own.

mickyjune26
06-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I wish someone was more interested in my workout then their own. I would love to have a workout partner on the sheiko routine. sorry guys, but I usually look pretty intense on my heavy deads workouts...I probably look like a tool, but f'm. I'm pissed at myself, the bar and everything in between.

Rob Luyando
06-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Now I know I said I was done with the internet posting till after my meet. But there aren't any good cartoons on tv this morning and a guy can only watch so much internet porn. Reading this topic I have to laugh.

If all you girls focussed on your training you wouldn't be giving two ****s about what other people are doing in the gym. The only thing you should be noticing while training is the chicks in the sport bras that Wolfy refered to!

AJ_H
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
going to a commercial gym...I live in Birmingham in UK so I recently checked out Temple Gym and I'm lovin it

Insane
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
A few more...

I hang from the chin up bar sometimes.... feels good on my lower back.. i also do chin ups though... in the middle of my sets for deadlifts today I hanged off the chin up bar for a minute..felt good....................

biglift
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
the skinny dweeb who checks his biceps out after every set of any exercise...(sometimes kisses them)..funny but annoying...

Travis Bell
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
lol we've got a guy like that at the commercial gym I lift at. I think its funny. He really just walks around talking to every one, does a few quick sets of oh so strenous bicep curls and then does front double biceps for 10 min.

Mad Max
06-22-2008, 04:51 AM
going to a commercial gym...I live in Birmingham in UK so I recently checked out Temple Gym and I'm lovin it

Dorian Yates owns that place doesn't he? Do you ever see him train there?

Fuzzy
06-22-2008, 05:02 AM
My 'gym' is currently a basketball we rent for a couple hours a day. We set up platforms, bars and weights and do our thing.

The only annoying thing are these roller figure skaters prancing around in tights and underwear, and then you see them doing this trippy **** with a leg behind a head while they skate and you end up tearing your erect dick off during a clean.

mr.strong
06-22-2008, 12:30 PM
1. personal trainners telling women anything below 10 reps on leg press will make them produce male hormones lmao

2. people saying there big for there size:confused:

3. i will pull my back out deadlifting

4. when people ask if i need a spot on a max deadlift lmao

5. people that say squats are for black people that want tight arse:confused:

AJ_H
06-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Dorian Yates owns that place doesn't he? Do you ever see him train there?

i haven't seen him yet...i only checked it out yesterday and trained there 2day...i would love 2 see him train there...think i saw wot looked like tony ford tho!

MillerTime1485
06-22-2008, 03:00 PM
After looking at videos on youtube I came across a video that basically sums up everything I hate at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCj8Yr290tE&feature=related

f-rider
06-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Haha, this is a funny list. But I have to agree with Rob - there's NOTHING that pisses me off at the gym. I suppose if the place in question didn't have a squat rack or didn't allow deadlifting it would be annoying, but I don't consider those gyms.

I don't like slimy barbells though; I wish more people would use gloves. I've also encountered people who believe in "deadlift spotting." That just boggles the mind.

biglift
06-23-2008, 01:42 AM
lol i remember that video...funny as hell..love the spotter lol..

PriestCometh
06-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Now I know I said I was done with the internet posting till after my meet. But there aren't any good cartoons on tv this morning and a guy can only watch so much internet porn. Reading this topic I have to laugh.

If all you girls focussed on your training you wouldn't be giving two ****s about what other people are doing in the gym. The only thing you should be noticing while training is the chicks in the sport bras that Wolfy refered to!

Just because someone pisses you off at the gym doesnt mean that your not focused.

chicks in sports bras are a definate to have in every gym. lol

Mad Max
06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
5. people that say squats are for black people that want tight arse:confused:

People say this?

Generally it p*sses me off when people don't respect a general deadlift area, and start doing standing lateral raises right in front of you in the middle of a difficult deadlift set.

People who seem awstruck when they see you deadlift three plates for reps. That sort of attitude makes me complacent, and were it not for the internet and exposure to lifting on a global scale, I'd probably be quite happy not deadlifting very much.

daveshapellsvt
06-23-2008, 09:37 AM
1)the number one thing i hate is when i ask for a spot on bench and the tool yanks up on the bar when i am pushing up a rep. This completely ruins the exercise for me.

2)young kids, about 13, who's parents drop them off alone. these kids wonder around alone for like an hour. First off your too young to lift your going to stunt your growth, secondly let your kid play with his friends the gym is not a daycare.

3)i really can't stand people that don't squat correctly. going half way down is not squating.

4)i hate really scrony guys that compete in body building competetions. and i especially hate it when their picture is on the wall in the gym. Your not a body builder when your 5'11", 140lbs, your just missing a few meals.

5)i hate ppl that come in large groups and work in together taking up certain machines or benches for a hr.

6)i really hate seeing ppl that are really skiny after being a member for 5yrs. stay home it's cheaper.

7) i hate really fat football players from the local highschool that bench 315 for 2, but weight 350lbs.

8) i hate when hot girls come in with a bf, and i can't stare as much as i normally would out of respect for the dude.

9) i hate anyone that has a big ego. especially little small kids that bench 275 for 5, but never squat or deadlift.

10) i'm not fond of guys that use cable machines for everything and no free weights.

11) i hate wipe down freaks. ppl that go around spraying everything down with their sanitizer bottles. it's a gym stupid your supposed to sweat everywhere. let the staff clean the equipment at the end of the day.

12) i hate it when ppl leave weight on bars and i can't tell if someone is using that station so i have to ask ppl around. " hey, you using this?"

13)i hate ppl that work out for 3hrs. they make it like an all day activity. do your shxt and get the fuxk out.

14) i hate it when the skum bag janitor is waxing the floor and extentions cords are all over. maybe i wouldn't mind if the guy was clean looking and didn't look like he smells like a used condom found in a parking lot.

15) I hate it when trainers go around with there student and show ppl how to do really simple ****. Normally the trainee is always some lazy person that wines and doesn't want to workout.

16) i hate when ppl write in a books their entire workout. what the hell are you writing in there. just benched 135 for 2, then i farted, hitting up another set soon as this gas passes. Just workout!

17) i can't stress how much i hate the pictures on the wall in the gym. pictures of some skiny fags with oil all over them that totally tan way too much. Theres this one picture of this fat guy with arnalds S.(terminator), this guy works at the gym. why do i care that he met arnold. the owner of the gym is also somewhat annoying. theres pictures of him up all over and he's probably 5'9 170lbs. sure he's ripped but still small. maybe has like 15 inch arms. and he sleeps in a tanning bed, so much so that his skin is starting to wrinkle prematurely. And he has two new suv's that both advertise the gym on them. how did this little jerk make so much money.

By no means am i big or have an ego, i personaly find these things annoying is all.

mickyjune26
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
daveshapellsvt - i don't think we would get along.

Szust
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey, I write in my binder between sets. Albeit it doesn't take me 5 hours to write down "175 x8," but I still do it. Stop hating on those of us that like to keep track of what we do.

joey54
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
1)the number one thing i hate is when i ask for a spot on bench and the tool yanks up on the bar when i am pushing up a rep. This completely ruins the exercise for me. I agree. Definitely have to be careful about who you ask for a spotter

2)young kids, about 13, who's parents drop them off alone. these kids wonder around alone for like an hour. First off your too young to lift your going to stunt your growth, secondly let your kid play with his friends the gym is not a daycare. Lifting most likely won't stunt their growth, but if they don't know what they are doing, they shouldn't be there. At 13 they probably should be lifting with someone experienced.

3)i really can't stand people that don't squat correctly. going half way down is not squating. Annoying yes, but who really cares. I really only care about how I squat or if anyone else asks me to help them with their form.

4)i hate really scrony guys that compete in body building competetions. and i especially hate it when their picture is on the wall in the gym. Your not a body builder when your 5'11", 140lbs, your just missing a few meals. HAHA. I agree with your statement, but there are many more competitive bodybuilders who might look "scrawny" than there are those who are Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler

5)i hate ppl that come in large groups and work in together taking up certain machines or benches for a hr. Annoying, but ask to work in.

6)i really hate seeing ppl that are really skiny after being a member for 5yrs. stay home it's cheaper. Really not affecting any of us.

7) i hate really fat football players from the local highschool that bench 315 for 2, but weight 350lbs. They are in high school. They will get stronger if they are serious. If not who cares.

8) i hate when hot girls come in with a bf, and i can't stare as much as i normally would out of respect for the dude. Funny, but if you "stare" at girls throughout your workout that could be a little creepy.

9) i hate anyone that has a big ego. especially little small kids that bench 275 for 5, but never squat or deadlift. Maybe they do squat or deadlift. If not, what does it matter to you.

10) i'm not fond of guys that use cable machines for everything and no free weights. The only people they are hurting is themselves.

11) i hate wipe down freaks. ppl that go around spraying everything down with their sanitizer bottles. it's a gym stupid your supposed to sweat everywhere. let the staff clean the equipment at the end of the day. This is comical. Much better than someone who doesn't wipe down the bench at all.

12) i hate it when ppl leave weight on bars and i can't tell if someone is using that station so i have to ask ppl around. " hey, you using this?" Everyone should rack the weights when done.

13)i hate ppl that work out for 3hrs. they make it like an all day activity. do your shxt and get the fuxk out. How do you know how long they are there for?

14) i hate it when the skum bag janitor is waxing the floor and extentions cords are all over. maybe i wouldn't mind if the guy was clean looking and didn't look like he smells like a used condom found in a parking lot. Never had to deal with that. Sounds like something which should be done after hours.

15) I hate it when trainers go around with there student and show ppl how to do really simple ****. Normally the trainee is always some lazy person that wines and doesn't want to workout. Become a trainer if this annoys you.

16) i hate when ppl write in a books their entire workout. what the hell are you writing in there. just benched 135 for 2, then i farted, hitting up another set soon as this gas passes. Just workout! Wrong. I keep a log of all weights and reps used. I am trying to beat my weights each workout. Many others I am sure do this. You can't simply remember what you did for each and every set. This helps tremendously, and again doesn't hurt anyone else.

17) i can't stress how much i hate the pictures on the wall in the gym. pictures of some skiny fags with oil all over them that totally tan way too much. Theres this one picture of this fat guy with arnalds S.(terminator), this guy works at the gym. why do i care that he met arnold. the owner of the gym is also somewhat annoying. theres pictures of him up all over and he's probably 5'9 170lbs. sure he's ripped but still small. maybe has like 15 inch arms. and he sleeps in a tanning bed, so much so that his skin is starting to wrinkle prematurely. And he has two new suv's that both advertise the gym on them. how did this little jerk make so much money. Again, who cares!

By no means am i big or have an ego, i personaly find these things annoying is all.

You have some legitimate gripes. There are some other things here though that seem a bit extreme to me. You might want to look into why some of these things bother you so much on an introspective level, because they are really not that big of a deal.

In all, I have to say Rob L.'s post has made the most sense of any to me in this thread.

daveshapellsvt
06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
this stuff doesn't really bother me too much, i just think about it in my head as i see it.

Theres this one fat kid, i really honestly disliked. He had horrible form with everything he did, he had a blow out hair cut AT THE GYM, acted all cocky, talked on his cell phone loudly, and drank about three gallons of water the 30minutes he was there. This kid was probably 5'5, 200 lbs benching about 185x6.... After about 6 months he stopped coming in, which was great, then he started comming back again. only this time he was twice as fat! maybe 300lbs, just as weak, and more annoying.. I hate guido's!

Sean Hatley
06-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Dont be this guy in the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb5AIgUsA60

ArjunDhir
06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I literally laughed out loud at some of those haha.

Plyo-Solidity
06-24-2008, 01:23 AM
My 'gym' is currently a basketball we rent for a couple hours a day. We set up platforms, bars and weights and do our thing.

The only annoying thing are these roller figure skaters prancing around in tights and underwear, and then you see them doing this trippy **** with a leg behind a head while they skate and you end up tearing your erect dick off during a clean.

Dude that was ****ing funny im eating cereal and almost choked

daveshapellsvt
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
there better be whey protein in that cereal!

I went to the gym yesterday and i found a couple more things that i disliked.

1) theres this kid, thats a member, that only comes into the gym to spot his friend while he does curls!

2) fat guys that come in and do leg presses the entire time. how about you try that tredmill!

3) smith machine guido's! hi, my names frenchesco, i have a blow out and a diamond covered razor phone that i use to call my pimple faced girlfriends on while i'm working out. just to make it known that i'm working out.

4) men that come in and use the execise bikes, but mainly watch tv and peddle real slow. it's not doing any good if you travel a quarter of a mile in 50 minutes and burn 10 calories!

5) anyone who uses a tredmill, or row machine, and reads a magazine at the same time. Not to mention the ppl that switch back and forth from the tred mill and row machine every 20 minutes. sure theres a 20 minute limmit on the tred mills, but shxt, just stay on the damn tredmill i won't tell anyone.

6) ******s that use 5lb dumbells to do anything other than dick raises.

7) ppl with an obvious adore problem. Theres this one Sand dweller that, i know, has never showered. His stench can be noticed from across the gym and ironically he only uses machines near the drinking fountain.

8) here's a scenario, the squat rack is right near the bathroom, a guy goes in and drops some sort of demon in the toilet causing me to singe my nasal hair for about 8 minutes.

9) Guys that shower at the gym and walk around the locker room naked having normal conversations. I'm not too comfortable with naked guys walking around while my backs turned. anyone seen american history X where edward norton takes a monster shot to the ass.:hump:

10) Lastly i found that i don't really like dudes that do dips, but have that platform for there feet that makes them essentially weightless. Your not at this level yet so get off my dip station with your mickey mouse dreams of being a man someday.:bash:

Ben Moore
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
DSSVT, you seem to have alot of pent up agression.

Reko
06-24-2008, 08:57 AM
7) ppl with an obvious adore problem. Theres this one Sand dweller that, i know, has never showered. His stench can be noticed from across the gym and ironically he only uses machines near the drinking fountain.

9) Guys that shower at the gym and walk around the locker room naked having normal conversations. I'm not too comfortable with naked guys walking around while my backs turned. anyone seen american history X where edward norton takes a monster shot to the ass.:hump:

7) First off, its odor, not adore. Second, some people from certain parts of the world do shower and bathe but don't wear deoderant because it attracts mosquitos and other disease carrying insects.
9) Thats what a locker room is for. Get over it. If you think about taking a hard one when you see a naked guy that is your own problem.

daveshapellsvt
06-24-2008, 10:09 AM
na, it doesn't bother me a lot, just things i notice at the gym. However the smelly guy does bother me. This isn't the kind of smell a man gets from not wearing deoderant, this is some serious stench. he literally smells like he rubbed poop all over himself. Plus there are some cultures that don't believe in bathing, either that or they bath in a river they crap in and dispose of the dead. which i respect what someone believes in, i just don't like when someones beliefs effect me.

I'm not seriously worried about getting bent over at the gym, i'm just saying they look like homo's. you can tell when some dudes are just a little too comfortable. in my opinion real men aren't skiny body builder wannabe's that tan execessively, get oiled up for some pictures that are completely a joke. You can't be a body builder with 12 inch arms. unless your a migit or 8yrs old. if i ever cared for being a body builder i sure as hell wouldn't compete unless i was at least 170lbs at my height. in my opinion body builders should look like Quincy Taylor, not david beckham!

Ben Moore
06-24-2008, 10:17 AM
You are 150lbs and 5'6" - I'm not sure where the hate comes from man, haha.

daveshapellsvt
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
just cause i'm this weight now doesn't mean i haven't weighed more or will weigh more again. Not that i was ever huge, but i once weighed 180lbs. I'm just saying competeing when your like some of the guys in my gym is totally gay. these guys have no mass they are just semi cut. having defined abs does not give you the balls to compete as a body builder lol If being a body builder is their goal, then thats great go for it, but eat something for god sakes. These guys have no clue how to get bigger they just tone.

Reko
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
What is wrong with competing if you aren't perfect? Going out there and laying on the line really lets you know what you need to work on, gives you the experience and knowledge that you wouldn't have before. On that same note, that is like saying kids that play t-ball shoudln't play because they can't hit a big league curve. Seriously dude, let the mcompete if they want. If they aren't good, they won't place or win. If they are better then you are leading us to believe, then they will be rewarded for going out there and competing.

daveshapellsvt
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
i wish i could show the picture on the wall at my gym. you would have a good laugh. trust me. One dude on the wall i actually went to high school with. this kid is probably 5'5 145lbs in his picture on the wall. he's toned and everything, but just no mass at all. his arms had to be like 13 inches, no shoulders, no legs, no lats, pretty much just a toned chest and stomach. Another duechbag on the wall is a super white guy that tanned too long. funniest thing about it is that he must had wore goggles or something cause he had this super white ring around his eyes. This dude is very tall and just skiny as hell. only thing had had going was his stomach was ripped. no muscle deffinition at all anywhere else. long lanky legs and super scrawny arms. In all seriousness the biggest, and closest thing to a body builder on the wall, is this guy in a wheel chair. his legs are obviously very small and skinny but the rest of him is fairly big and cut. props to him.

Jaybird88
06-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I feel as though the entertainment factor of this thread has now depreciated.

joelhall
06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
i dont use gyms anymore due to illness, but when i did i worked so hard i couldnt be bothered to even notice half this stuff :boring: i really dont know why you get so pissed about it.:confused:

to be honest waiting for some prick to finish curling in the squat rack was annoying so was using a bench some bloke sweated all over, but most of this... well if other people go to the gym to waste their own time and money its no business of mine. cant really see the problem:confused:

maybe whats annoying is people who spend so much time checking out others doing this crap so they have something to bitch about :D still if that angers helping you lift more i guess it a good thing.

David_HoffWSBB
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
when people **** in the bathroom and dont leave the fan on

joey54
06-24-2008, 06:19 PM

David might have saved the thread with that one. Too much!

Sean Hatley
06-24-2008, 06:36 PM
In all seriousness the biggest, and closest thing to a body builder on the wall, is this guy in a wheel chair. his legs are obviously very small and skinny but the rest of him is fairly big and cut. props to him.

Wow you must feel really proud of yourself now. YOu just made fun of a guy in a wheel chair. I would expect that from a 13 year old but your 26. Shows the maturity there.:hello:

Travis Bell
06-24-2008, 07:33 PM

HAHAHA! especially since our bathroom at Westside is that small single. It can get atomic in there sometimes

joey54
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow you must feel really proud of yourself now. YOu just made fun of a guy in a wheel chair. I would expect that from a 13 year old but your 26. Shows the maturity there.:hello:

There is no maturity in this guy's thinking at all and his first list proved that. His posts have been littered with immaturity, insecurity, racism, and homophobia.

Irish Pilot
06-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I wouldnt say that I have the worlds most intense workouts, but I agree with others in saying Im usually too busy to be bothered by others. I guess the only thing that gets me is when people leave their stations for large amounts of time to walk and chat, or if they get done and just leave the weight on.

Clean the bar.

Keith
06-24-2008, 09:59 PM

I was blown away when I saw he was 26, too.

Detard
06-24-2008, 10:11 PM
HAHAHA! especially since our bathroom at Westside is that small single. It can get atomic in there sometimes

HAHAHHAHA dude thats sounds terrible. A bunch of 300lb gorillas using a single just leaves a funny picture in my head. Westside sounds like a wicked place to be. I think I may have to make the trip down there in the next few years when i've gained some more size

David_HoffWSBB
06-25-2008, 06:27 AM

yea try walking in there after matt smith or tim harold get done i just turn around and say i will just go at home :eek:

daveshapellsvt
06-25-2008, 07:06 AM
i don't mean to come off all pissed, i'm just adding my two cents to the thread. it really doesn't bother me much. i too workout hard, i mainly notice these things when i'm resting in between sets. Also i'm not a racist, and i wasn't making fun of the guy in the wheel chair. if anything i respect the guy for overcomming his disability and becoming much bigger then ppl that can walk. Aside from all the problems the world has with the middle east, i still dislike many easterners. basically because they are ppl that refuse to evolve. 80% of the world has caught on to the whole bathing thing, whats wrong with these ppl. Theres so many other issues i have with these ppl as a whole. Sure some of them are nice ppl and what not and i work with a few, but theres just something about them. First off they are the root of many world problems. They have been fighting over holy land for 2000 yrs, hold the world hostage with extreme oil prices, and are constanly planning attacks all over the world. Secondly, i've noticed they are somewhat evil simple minded ppl. I work with a few of these guys and they refuse to learn english, bicker and poke fun at westerners, and just fail to perform at a level the rest of the world has set as a low standard. they are also cocky and very pushy with there beliefs. I've noticed they aren't very friendly and lack communication skills aswell. i see a lot of these easterns at my job and they never look you in the eye or say hello. the majority of these ppl are just dirty, smelly, ignorant ppl.. i'm sure not all of them are like this, but a surprising majority are. I don't think this makes me a racist. to be a racist you have to be ignorant and hatefull, i'm not. i don't hate the women and children that are of no part i just hate the large majority of jerks that are hurting others.

Ben Moore
06-25-2008, 07:16 AM
i don't mean to come off all pissed, i'm just adding my two cents to the thread. it really doesn't bother me much. i too workout hard, i mainly notice these things when i'm resting in between sets. Also i'm not a racist, and i wasn't making fun of the guy in the wheel chair. if anything i respect the guy for overcomming his disability and becoming much bigger then ppl that can walk. Aside from all the problems the world has with the middle east, i still dislike many easterners. basically because they are ppl that refuse to evolve. 80% of the world has caught on to the whole bathing thing, whats wrong with these ppl. Theres so many other issues i have with these ppl as a whole. Sure some of them are nice ppl and what not and i work with a few, but theres just something about them. First off they are the root of many world problems. They have been fighting over holy land for 2000 yrs, hold the world hostage with extreme oil prices, and are constanly planning attacks all over the world. Secondly, i've noticed they are somewhat evil simple minded ppl. I work with a few of these guys and they refuse to learn english, bicker and poke fun at westerners, and just fail to perform at a level the rest of the world has set as a low standard. they are also cocky and very pushy with there beliefs. I've noticed they aren't very friendly and lack communication skills aswell. i see a lot of these easterns at my job and they never look you in the eye or say hello. the majority of these ppl are just dirty, smelly, ignorant ppl.. i'm sure not all of them are like this, but a surprising majority are. I don't think this makes me a racist. to be a racist you have to be ignorant and hatefull, i'm not. i don't hate the women and children that are of no part i just hate the large majority of jerks that are hurting others.

You are a discrimination suit waiting to happen. Just out of curiosity, in what part of the country do you live?

Reko
06-25-2008, 07:25 AM
wow........

daveshapellsvt
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
i live in western newyork. discrimination suit, these are my opinions i do not express them other then on the internet or to friends that agree with me. i'm not a skin head i'm not going to go hurt ppl or make them feel bad.

fooz
06-25-2008, 01:53 PM
I can't stand cocky people. Boooooom, one right to the face.

Sean Hatley
06-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I can't stand cocky people. Boooooom, one right to the face.

hahahahaha

Sean Hatley
06-25-2008, 05:13 PM

you should just stop talking. you have already dug yourself into a 10ft deep hole and are just now starting to shovel the dirt on top of you.:smoke:

Dingus
06-25-2008, 07:36 PM
I hate when I'm on my lifecycle and someone turns Oprah off, damn meatheads.

daveshapellsvt
06-26-2008, 06:43 AM
i hate when the gym has bad music on. sometimes they play some good rock music. i like that it gets me active.

David_HoffWSBB
06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
i hate it when people **** themselves while handing out to u and the wonderful aroma comes down and hits u in the face while trying to lift

nhlfan
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
i hate it when people **** themselves while handing out to u and the wonderful aroma comes down and hits u in the face while trying to lift

haha outstanding

Erik 23
06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
This is gonna sound like a episode outta seinfeld but here is a few.
#1 The shade guy he bench presses with dark glasses on
#2 The lurker the guy who always acts like he's the tuffest thing walking around and when he thinks your not looking you see him doing exercises that only you do.
#3 The Guy who asks for advice then proceeds to do a 1/2 squat and act like you dont know anything.
#4 the managers you know the ones, they hide in the shadows of the natilous machines just waiting to even catch the smallest glimpse of chalk so they can revoke your membership

PriestCometh
06-27-2008, 12:58 PM
haha outstanding

classic

daveshapellsvt
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM
ppl that are reluctant to spot you on squat. " oh i don't know how". i normally say just watch and make sure i don't die.

Lones Green
06-30-2008, 07:33 AM
yea try walking in there after matt smith or tim harold get done i just turn around and say i will just go at home :eek:

HAHAHA

Chris Dickinson
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Although I do agree with a lot of those suggestions, especially the 'women wearing revealing clothes and looking disgusted when you look at them' as there' some fit birds at my gym, I really think you need to spend less time focusing on what others are doing in the gym, and spend more time working on your gym routine.

Just an idea like....

Brendonia12
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
the 40 year old wannabe bodybuilder guys who come up to me and tell me that, "if I can only do 5 reps, it's too much weight". One time at a public gym a guy actually pulled the pin out of the machine and moved it up, saying something about a good pump. I told him to **** off and put the pin back, so he left to hit on some 20 year woman on a tradmill. Why can't people like that just keep to themselves?

jbrin0tk
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
the 40 year old wannabe bodybuilder guys who come up to me and tell me that, "if I can only do 5 reps, it's too much weight". One time at a public gym a guy actually pulled the pin out of the machine and moved it up, saying something about a good pump. I told him to **** off and put the pin back, so he left to hit on some 20 year woman on a tradmill. Why can't people like that just keep to themselves?

Why did you need to tell him to "**** off"?

Beast Genetics
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
The ILS (Invisible Lat Syndrome) guys who walk around flared up like a peacock mating ritual is going on in the gym. If your big you dont have to walk like you are, and if your not SO WHAT BE REAL!!!!!!!!

Szust
07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Why did you need to tell him to "**** off"?

I'm under the impression that the guy moved the poster's pin, undoubtedly pissing off the poster using the machine at the time.

jbrin0tk
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm under the impression, that the guy moved the poster's pin, undoubtedly pissing off the poster, using the machine at the time.

I get that, and I understand why that would make someone mad, but that seems like a bit much to me. Oh well. To each their own, I suppose.

AJ_H
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I get that, and I understand why that would make someone mad, but that seems like a bit much to me. Oh well. To each their own, I suppose.

a bit much? he moved the pin out of the machine while he was lifting weights. Surely you'd be pissed off?

jbrin0tk
07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
a bit much? he moved the pin out of the machine while he was lifting weights. Surely you'd be pissed off?

Again, I can understand why he would be mad. I read it as if the pin was moved inbetween sets, not during his set. I would think that someone would have enough sense not to try to put their fingers near those moving plates. It would be worse if he moved it in the middle of his set, though. Someone could get hurt that way. Anyways, it still just seems like a waste of time to me to scream at someone in the middle of a gym for moving a pin inbetween sets. Yeah, it's a pain in the butt and pretty stupid, but I just don't see the point. But again, to each their own.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I hate it when people don't squat deep enough, and do barbell curls in the power rack.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Telling him to **** of is not enough. You should've punched him! lol. I'm kidding.

But seriously, there is absolutely no reason for you to NOT get pissed off. I feel the same way...

mike42506
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

mike42506
07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I hang from the chin up bar sometimes.... feels good on my lower back.. i also do chin ups though... in the middle of my sets for deadlifts today I hanged off the chin up bar for a minute..felt good....................

yeah the thing i do dips on is also a pullup bar so i hang from it between my dip sets and it feels goood :)

mike42506
07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I cant stand the people who work chest only (high reps BTW) then always ask me when i am doing a compound movement (deadlifts squat farmers etc..) "whats that for?"

example *I am in the middle of deadlift set around 400 lbs* then fat bencher says"whats that for?" i say "everything" he says "c'mon"*in hispanic ancient*
i ignore.

happens all the time remember the line "WHATS THAT FOR?"

HAHAHHA i can picture that

mike42506
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM

well im too disgusted to laugh at that

Chris Dickinson
07-04-2008, 09:01 AM
A guy brought a book to read inbetween sets once. And if that wasn't enough, he brought a dictionary to look up words he didn't know.

If I ever saw that at my gym, i'd probably fall on the floor and have a laughing fit!:evillaugh:

scrawnybastard
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
10) Lastly i found that i don't really like dudes that do dips, but have that platform for there feet that makes them essentially weightless. Your not at this level yet so get off my dip station with your mickey mouse dreams of being a man someday.:bash:

What's wrong with using the assisted dip machine to get stronger. I am weak and I am using it to build up strength to do real dips.

Things that piss me off
1. People who leave weight on the bar. I shouldn't be getting a pump taking your 45's off.
2. I don't get why some people lift in jeans.
3. When people hog the power/squat racks to do pullups.

Also, I lift at my college gym, but I've never seen squat rack curls. I did see a guy bench in the power rack, though. The reason for this is that my gym is divided into 3 sections (upper body, lower, and machines. The entrance goes into the upper body room, so everyone is mesmerized by the curl bars and bench station.

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but T-Nation and bb.com have similar threads that go for 125+ and 90+ pages.

Detard
10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
One time I was in the sauna after a workout when I lifted at this rich health club (thank God i'm out of there), and I took off my necklace because it was literally burning my skin. On the bike ride home I'm like OH ****!! It was a gold chain I had gotten at baptism so I had to go back. I ran back in to make sure nobody stole it. As soon as I open the door, what do I see? A 65 YEAR OLD INDIAN MAN sitting naked, cross legged with a ball of kleenex. So i'm pretty much tripping out at this point like wtf did I just walk in on. I managed to somehow mumble something about my necklass and the guy goes. "OHHH YES!! I have it" he pulls this ball of kleenex out from between his crossed legs, opens it up and puts his hands out as if for me to grab it. I was NOT gonna touch that grimy tissue so I asked him to hand it to me, then said thanks, and got out of there as fast as possible (and I washed it in the sink obviously first).

I will be scared for life now.

Big o Boy
10-14-2008, 08:42 PM
that's pretty crazy Detard.

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything in the gym right now is missing a 500 lb. deadlift for the 20th time.
All the others that piss me off have already been stated.

BigTallOx
10-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Not much really bothers me, except if somebody is in my squat rack at 11:30 AM Thursday morning.

CMAND21
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
"Trainers" who do not know s**t about what I'm doing or why?
"What are the boards for?" "Where did you get those bands? And isn't hard to use them on a barbell?" My favorite quote from a "trainer" "That sure is a lot of weight!", with that said did he volunteer to spot me? NO!

HeavyBomber
10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
16. The "I used to do that when I was younger guy". Thanks Nick for that one.

Hey I say that all the time except I'm talking to the young guy doing half my current max.

scrawnybastard
10-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Strange things at my college gym
Guy curling...on the olympic platform.
Also saw a guy with a built upper body and chicken legs wearing a bodybuilding.com shirt.

KarstenDD
10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Everything everyone else does. All other people do is get in my way, make me laugh, or piss me off. Except when I'm at Southside. Everyone but me at my other gym sucks.

jmccown
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
The guy that comes in to do crunches and the ab lounge (seriously). Then goes to the mirror to look at his tricep. Has done it for years.

The guy that works at the gym who use to be "PRO" but now hides out in the back and sips on booze while regulars like me have to come and find him when they need something from the beverage coolers or when I have to help people that don't know how to use a piece of equipment (his job again).

littleman19
10-16-2008, 02:16 PM
the people who tell me i have to wear shoes when i squat and deadlift... now i wear ballet shoes :p

campania
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
the obese "trainer" that tells me to "take it easy on the weights" and glares at me (by that he means not drop them) even though they're rubber coated plates and the floor is rubber coated.

not like i just let it free fall to the ground anyways

Big o Boy
10-16-2008, 04:22 PM
lol... the people working at the gym coming over to tell our guys that we are using "too much weight" on the platforms and they weren't built for that... LOL!

Ben Moore
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
I hate when you go in and there are dead baby mice all over the floor...

FFHill
10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I hate when you go in and there are dead baby mice all over the floor...

I just laughed loudly. then I realized that you are probably not joking...

Detard
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I just laughed loudly. then I realized that you are probably not joking...

I wouldnt doubt it. Have you seen their gym?

BTW Ben, your gym is ****in badass

Ben Moore
10-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Serious as a heart attack - it was after some of the flooding :lol:

erikerodri
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
old creepers in the locker room watching you undress in the locker room (i'm 16 so it bugs the **** out of me) like today, this guy was like 55, had a huge gut and kept watching me, i left my shorts on and took them off in the shower and showered. ****in creepers. ha.

SGT ROCK
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Today some dude wearing shades, people talking on a blue tooth during a set, the guys that spend 2 hours talking and 15 minutes lifting, anyone doing curls in the squat rack, anyone that always one ups you no matter what you do, ie last week after I deadlifted some dude walked up and stated he could do more and his 165 cousin did an 825 pull in training both of which are bull****, dont talk show me, people that do half squats that think it is below parallel, the tank tops that are cut so your nipples show...totally uncool, spandex on a dude, the NO CHALK rule, hexagon plates, dudes always on their cell phones, anyone trying to talk to me before a heavy set, thats my short list.

Semper Fi

Ryan Celli
10-16-2008, 08:28 PM
jealous lifters.

gym members that can't handle someone else doing better than them.

erikerodri
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
theres this dude from my school that i absolutely hate that doesn't know jack ***** about lifting and he thinks he does. i just taught him how to dead lift and he couldn't even do 1 set of 145 10 times and the other day he said he did a set of 15 with 315. B f'in S. he's made up so much ***** its not even funny

Blackhawk08
10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Put on 315 and tell him to do it

sylum
10-17-2008, 06:37 AM
The guy that has to prove how tough he is by throwing the dumbells down after he benches them....grr...so bad ass!!!! Unfortunately, it is usually the 35 or 40 lbs.

Leaving the freaking plates all over the machines....and it's always the guy that has to do ultra circuit workout and use every damn piece of plate loaded equipment in the place.

Women who walk in the gym, point at a pic of Kim Chizevsky and says "I don't wanna look like that"...well ya better put down those 5lb dumbbells and get off that aerobic step then, because you are getting HUGE!!!

...ahhh I know there is so many more, but I'll start here.

Ryano
10-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Nothing pisses me off at the gym. I'm in my happy place. Sure, I see the same tools wondering around clueless about lifting trying to impress the ladies, but who gives a ****? Not me. I'm there to lift and actually get a chuckle out of some of the idiots.

Pete22
10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
My Top 5

1) The "300 Workout" Crusaders. When I see D-bags doing this nonsense, I wan't to ask them "Oh, are you gonna be in the sequel?"

2) Quarter Squatting with 2" ROM in the Smith Machine with a Manpon. Not only are you "squatting" in the Smith Machine, you barely reach a quarter-squat, and you are using a pad/manpon on the bar. This is the triumvirate of doucheness.

3) Deadlifting with 30lb fixed-weight curl bars.... all the time. I should give you props for attempting to mimic a deadlift movement, but it's been 6 weeks with the same 30lb curl bar, about time to move up to a real barbell with actual weights? Just a thought. I'm all for learning a movement and working on form, but my grandma puts in more effort picking her cat up.

4) A Douche from all angles. These are the guys that will do cable-crossovers from all different angles for about an hour: high, low, laying on a bench. This "fly marathon" usually involves the guys grabbing their pecs and showing their buddies how exactly they are "shaping" them. I wish they would just "fly" away.

5) Strap Man. This is the guy who wears straps for literally everything. Bench Press? Strap up. Dumbbell Curls? Strapped. Lateral Raises??? Strapped again. I wonder if he "straps up" when he pees... :eek:

Big o Boy
10-17-2008, 09:57 AM
My Top 5
2) Quarter Squatting with 2" ROM in the Smith Machine with a Manpon. Not only are you "squatting" in the Smith Machine, you barely reach a quarter-squat, and you are using a pad/manpon on the bar. This is the triumvirate of doucheness.

nice... this is a good one.

Ben Moore
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The guy that has to prove how tough he is by throwing the dumbells down after he benches them....grr...so bad ass!!!! Unfortunately, it is usually the 35 or 40 lbs.

Leaving the freaking plates all over the machines....and it's always the guy that has to do ultra circuit workout and use every damn piece of plate loaded equipment in the place.

Women who walk in the gym, point at a pic of Kim Chizevsky and says "I don't wanna look like that"...well ya better put down those 5lb dumbbells and get off that aerobic step then, because you are getting HUGE!!!

...ahhh I know there is so many more, but I'll start here.

By chance are you in Springfield, MO?

sylum
10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
By chance are you in Springfield, MO?

No, but I have family there and have definitely trained there.

I guess I used Kim's name because we used to see her out there a lot. She used to come to our antique auctions and there was a gym out there she used to go to.

Ben Moore
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
No, but I have family there and have definitely trained there.

I guess I used Kim's name because we used to see her out there a lot. She used to come to our antique auctions and there was a gym out there she used to go to.

Her and chad nichols used to own the golds there

sylum
10-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes, they did have Golds at one time.
We had antique auctions in Springfield. She and Chad used to come to get trophies for their shows. They would always look for huge cut crystal pieces.

I can't remember the name of the gym she used to go to, but she had just started her fitness training and they had a great aerobic floor that she liked.

Ben_Crutcher
10-17-2008, 08:40 PM

oh thats happend to me a bunch of times or guys will ask the manager to ask me to leave because i lift more than they do. i just laugh and leave

alex11012
10-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I go to a commercial gym in the UK. They are a chain and it costs me around $100 a month and I can use any gym in the country. The gym has the same name as a girl who never been touched.

Most of these gyms have no power racks. There are some PT with bad attitudes especially the juiced-up ones who cannot deadlift as much as me but are twice the size I am not the biggest bloke in the world (6'0 185 lbs) but I can deadlift around 350 lbs which is a lot in a commercial UK gym.

I always get mutterings from them or kids not to my face but I see them watching and tutting that my form is not right because I am either doing sumos or that my chest is not stuck out when I drop to the bottom. IMHO there is no right way to train just dangerous form which should be corrected.

Buccos1
10-18-2008, 06:24 AM
I've been training at home exclusively for the last year and didn't realize how much I missed seeing some of these things until reading this.

frowningbudda
10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
lol nice1, I hate the people who wont let you work in between their sets, or the guys that dont wipe up their sweat after using a bloody machine. Or the naked guys in the changing rooms that dont shut up. Ahh feels like therepy, btw I wear a under armour top only because I hit the gym b4 I go to work and I dont have time 4 a shower - dont mind being a littlle sweaty, an it aint matched haha

Lones Green
10-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I've been training at home exclusively for the last year and didn't realize how much I missed seeing some of these things until reading this.

never thought of it this way. when my contract to the ole 24 hour fitness is up in Feb and i move to the slightly less commercial gym...i'll probably miss some of the things i see.

alex11012
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
It doesn't piss me off but in the 'Ladies Only' section of the gym all the fat women do their work out while all the pretty things are usually training in front of the men. Makes me laugh.

JasonLift
10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
I hate it when people don't take it serious. I don't care if you are benching 100 lbs. or 600 you should take it serious and with intensity. In my personal life I am easy going and always joking around, but when lifting I am so focused and intense it ain't even funny. Usually between sets I am pacing back and forth and wanting to rip someones head off their shoulders. For the next couple of hours after a workout I drive my wife crazy because I am bouncing off the walls and jumping up and down.

People on cell phones in the gym, unless they are doctors or oncall should be thrown through the front glass window (well a good gym shouldn't even have a window).

bryan mc
10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
the guy doing abs on the bench when the gym is packed and there is an abs section with nobody in it.

drmobley
10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I only have 2. One that is amusing and one that pisses me off. Amusing one: "The copycat"; the guy that does every exercise you do and is always one exercise behind. This one is amusing. The one that pisses me off is the guy that uses the bench to store all of his crap (cell phone, towel, diary, water bottle, you name it) and he stands there and does curls. I usually wait a couple minutes and almost feel stupid asking, "are you using this bench?", because I know he's not. He also will answer his cell phone in the middle of a set. I don't even bring my phone in from my car. If someone is in that much pain, they can call my clinic and not bother me in the middle of my workout.

PriestCometh
10-23-2008, 12:51 PM
How about the advice guy. I had a guy a couple of days ago tell me I would get stronger if i put 135 on the bar and do as many reps as possible. I just shook my head.

meatymight
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
There is only one power rack in my gym... And thank God that most people prefer to use the machines.

meatymight
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
How about the advice guy. I had a guy a couple of days ago tell me I would get stronger if i put 135 on the bar and do as many reps as possible. I just shook my head.

I know that guy. He's roaming around my high school weight room preaching people about how "full squats are bad for your knees."

LocAss24
10-23-2008, 05:47 PM

A master trainer told me not to arch while benching.

geoffsherman
10-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I know that guy. He's roaming around my high school weight room preaching people about how "full squats are bad for your knees."

He made it down to my area and has stopped me a few times when I was doing good mornings and told me that I am supposed to bend my legs more when I squat.

BShaw
10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
What pisses me off:
1 - The morons who freely give training advice while the carry around the latest edition of Muscle & Fitness
2 - The joker who talks on his cell phone for an hour while taking up the squat rack so he can eventually do his 5 shrugs with 135lbs and grunts and squeels like a little girl on every rep.
3 - When people ask me "How much weight is that?" Add it up yourself, or have you never touched a 45lb plate before?
4 - The butt-munch who screams and then throws his 25lb dumbells on the floor after "maxin out his dmbl bench"
5 - Top 40 music being blasted on the radio. Or the music from the Spinning class with the instructor trying to scream into his American Idol microphone so the whole world can here his girly voice.
6 - Spandex shorts and string tanks on anyone
7 - The guy who leaves a virtual tidal wave of sweat from his ass on the bench, and doesn't clean it off, and gives you an attitude when you tell him to clean it
8 - People who stand right in front of you, literally 2ft away, and watch you deadlift
9 - The guy who comes in smelling like a stale ashtray and takes cigarette breaks during his workout, breathing on you and sharing his smokers cough.

Big o Boy
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
What pisses me off:
3 - When people ask me "How much weight is that?" Add it up yourself, or have you never touched a 45lb plate before?
8 - People who stand right in front of you, literally 2ft away, and watch you deadlift

I can relate with #3... that's pretty annoying. #8 sounds hilarious.

PriestCometh
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
"The joker who talks on his cell phone for an hour while taking up the squat rack so he can eventually do his 5 shrugs with 135lbs and grunts and squeels like a little girl on every rep."

Ah, the cell phone guy. I have problems with the cell phone guy. If your on a machine or in the squat rack, do some work or get the f%ck off the damn machine.

Tekn50
10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
The New Years resolution people. They just take up to much space. Luckly they are only there for 3 to 4 weeks.

PriestCometh
10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
The smokers really bother me. Of course the one guy I know is one of those guys who has to talk
to you from like 3 inches from your face. I guess we could name that the "not respecting personal space guy".
It makes it worse cuz I can smell a smoker from a mile away.

I heard David Richer(sp?) was a big smoker.

cphafner
10-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Had a grunter in the gym yesterday. Doing like 90's DB presses with 2 inch rom and then dropping the weights. Total tool.

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 12:21 PM
had a kid walk in yesterday and just drop a nasty cheek flappin fart. He looked around with a bit smile like we'd all think it was funny.

Farting is funny, just not in the weight room where there isn't any air movement and I have to heave that crap in

PriestCometh
10-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Poo smell is not good

Ryan Hale
10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
"Good thing we never stepped in it."

Ryan Hale

PriestCometh
10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
"And those fat f'n chicks" (in spandex)
-Ford Fairlane

designer12
10-26-2008, 12:27 PM
had a kid walk in yesterday and just drop a nasty cheek flappin fart. He looked around with a bit smile like we'd all think it was funny.

Farting is funny, just not in the weight room where there isn't any air movement and I have to heave that crap in

It may not be bad for you physically, but it certainly is not good for you psychologically. That's gross.

flappysr
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
WHAT, GET'S ME ARE THOSE TRAINERS . THAT DON'T TRAIN AND ARE GOING AROUND TELLING OTHER HOW TO TRAIN..............:omg:

flappysr
10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
PEOPLE THAT LET THE WEIGHTS SLAM DOWN AFTER DOING TRICEP EXTENTIONS ON THE PULLY MACHINE. ONLY DOING QUARTER MOTION, WHILE LEANING BODY INTO EXTENTIONS ANYWAY. REALLY GET ME WHEM I'M DOING PULLEY ROWS FOR BACK NEXT TO THEM........SO, BE CONTROLING THE WEIGHT AT ALL TMES......:tuttut::strong::swear:

deeder
10-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Inconsistent training partners.

I rarely train at a commercial gym anymore so I'm lucky to be removed from most of the bull**** that goes on at those gyms.

TankOfTeamStone
10-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Here's mine

The people that use that manta ray thing or a pad for squat. And when I tell them to take it off, they say my upper back or neck will hurt. And then I tell them don’t be a pussy. I lift at a rec center at college on my auxiliary days and some times heavy squat days. I get lots of tools doing what I do, trying to do the same weight I do but fail. I see lots of people doing quarter squats all the time. I got one kid this past week to call him on depth for squat, each rep I said “down” and it was the same depth on each rep even me saying “down”. Lots of people don’t even warmup on bench they just take 225 first and see how many reps they can do and then their done. The only good thing about this is that theirs 2 water fountains outside the weight room. One is in a hallway so you can see all the college chicks come in and one in the cardio/machine area where you can see all the girls on the elliptical and treadmills.

flappysr
10-28-2008, 12:27 AM
AH, YES. THIS REMINDS ME. THAT GALS WITH TOO MUCH PERFUME AND YES, GUYS WITH COLONGE ON. ANY AMOUNT, THAT DISTRACTS . WHY WEAR IT????????:outnumber: WELL, IT'S ONLY FOR AWHILE IN THE GYM . AS, I DO MY CORE LIFTS AT HOME IN THE GARAGE. THE BIG THREE THAT IS. SQUAT/BENCH/DEADLIFTS...................................:):tuttut:

Code_B
10-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I hate the advice guy. I usually wear my headphones in the gym and don't converse with anyone besides acknowledging people's presence I know. But yesterday there was this guy there who has been doing the crossfit thing lately. Puts in alot of work and seems really serious about his training. I decided to tell him that he may want to think about getting some flat soled shoes for when he's deadlifting as he was training in normal running/athletic shoes. Am I turning into the advice guy? I guess I just had to get it out of my system and I won't speak to anyone else again for another 6 years lol.

Pete22
10-28-2008, 12:00 PM
AH, YES. THIS REMINDS ME. THAT GALS WITH TOO MUCH PERFUME AND YES, GUYS WITH COLONGE ON. ANY AMOUNT, THAT DISTRACTS . WHY WEAR IT????????:outnumber: WELL, IT'S ONLY FOR AWHILE IN THE GYM . AS, I DO MY CORE LIFTS AT HOME IN THE GARAGE. THE BIG THREE THAT IS. SQUAT/BENCH/DEADLIFTS...................................:):tuttut:

People who post using all caps... :hello:

AJ_H
10-29-2008, 08:02 AM
mirrors ... all over the friggin gym. I prefer to look at the wall when I squat and deadlift but I can't because of the mirror which puts me off even more than people looking concerned that I might hurt my back when I deadlift.

AJ_H
10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I hate the advice guy. I usually wear my headphones in the gym and don't converse with anyone besides acknowledging people's presence I know. But yesterday there was this guy there who has been doing the crossfit thing lately. Puts in alot of work and seems really serious about his training. I decided to tell him that he may want to think about getting some flat soled shoes for when he's deadlifting as he was training in normal running/athletic shoes. Am I turning into the advice guy? I guess I just had to get it out of my system and I won't speak to anyone else again for another 6 years lol.

you see ... I don't mind advice provided that its good advice.

Mugen46
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
mirrors ... all over the friggin gym. I prefer to look at the wall when I squat and deadlift but I can't because of the mirror which puts me off even more than people looking concerned that I might hurt my back when I deadlift.

I like mirrors. They help me make sure I'm getting depth on squats. I'm 6'1 and its really hard to tell.

BigTallOx
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Yesterday was a rare time that I was actually annoyed at the gym. There was a guy "squatting" 455 and he wasn't even making it 1/2 way to parallel, maybe I was just mis-interpting his expression but he looked like he thought he was soooo strong. I'm usually not easily annoyed, I don't know what was different yesterday, but it really kind of annoyed me. I was wishing it wasn't my DE bench day, so I go over to the rack and show him what a real squat was. If that wasn't enough, next to him there were two high school age kids deadlifting 135 with *straps*. Straps! for 135, WTF! Both had pretty bad form too.

BigTallOx
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I like mirrors. They help me make sure I'm getting depth on squats. I'm 6'1 and its really hard to tell.

I can relate. But I'm finding that video is better. I squat better when I'm not looking at my hips in the mirror.

CrazyK
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I only get annoyed when people take up equipment and don't know what they're doing. For instance, the classic example of someone curling in the squat rack. Or some guy doing crunches on a bench press setup.

hellagrant
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
:swear:You know what really pisses me off?!?!?!??

Those damn hot girls with stupid tight short shorts. So damn tight you can see the complete shape of her ass. Then the bitch has the nerves to stand right it front of me and start doing excercises that involve her bending over. Then I can't focus and end up wasting 10 minutes looking at her ass.

Damn you hot girls with super tight short shorts!!!!!:soapbox:

abebesheir
10-31-2008, 06:33 PM
What pisses me off about my gym in particular is that a lot of good lifts are off-limits... It is a Planet Fitness. I was doing heavy upright rows and the trainer came up to me and told me to stop doing "power cleans"... LOL. Also, I began loading 45s on the bar to do deadlifts and was redirected to the Smith machine. Who the **** pulls in a Smith machine!
I am dying to do board presses to supplement my bench training but I'd hate to see what would happen if I come in with a 2 board tied to my body with an old knee wrap (this is how I board press without a spotter).

Buccos1
11-01-2008, 07:14 AM
What pisses me off about my gym in particular is that a lot of good lifts are off-limits... It is a Planet Fitness. I was doing heavy upright rows and the trainer came up to me and told me to stop doing "power cleans"... LOL. Also, I began loading 45s on the bar to do deadlifts and was redirected to the Smith machine. Who the **** pulls in a Smith machine!

I would run... FAST... from that place!

AJ_H
11-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Im 6' myself. I just go by feel with the weights and have someone give me their opinion form-wise. I will also start videoing my squats when I get the chance. Looking at anything when I'm lifting puts me off, especially the mirror.

AJ_H
11-01-2008, 07:35 AM
I am dying to do board presses to supplement my bench training but I'd hate to see what would happen if I come in with a 2 board tied to my body with an old knee wrap (this is how I board press without a spotter).

I can really relate to this sort of gym. Many of the gyms I have been to in the past have had a smith machine but not a power rack...WTF!?:bang::bash: the irony is that a power rack is actually about 3 x cheaper and 10 x better. And how do you do a deadlift in a smith machine??

Pete22
11-01-2008, 09:19 AM
:swear:You know what really pisses me off?!?!?!??

Those damn hot girls with stupid tight short shorts. So damn tight you can see the complete shape of her ass. Then the bitch has the nerves to stand right it front of me and start doing excercises that involve her bending over. Then I can't focus and end up wasting 10 minutes looking at her ass.

Damn you hot girls with super tight short shorts!!!!!:soapbox:

That's 10 minutes well spent.

starfox
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I know eh? Thats not all that terrible... :P

bill
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Had to bump this
Beats the curling in squat rack
Dude doing wrist curls setting on a bench in the SQUAT RACK with several people waiting for the idiot to move on.

ct67_72
04-02-2009, 06:09 PM
sit ups on the only bench press thats open
curling in the power rack/squat rack
sitting next to me when theres plenty of other open bench's and doing 10 pounds more than me, but only 1/4 of the way down, while looking at me like your hard core.
rotating on the bench with your buddy for 50 sets of the same weight while I wait for one to open up

slashkills
04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
sit ups on the only bench press thats open

Had a blonde chick do this to me and a bud at the schools weight room today. Its ok cause she was hot as hell.

ct67_72
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
your supposed to ask if she wants to work in. youll get on the bench and she can continue to exercise on top of you

BULK_BOY
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Had to bump this
Dude doing wrist curls setting on a bench in the SQUAT RACK with several people waiting for the idiot to move on.

NO WAY! LOL! You gotta be kidding me?

And to think that I've seen it all........:scratch:

flappysr
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
THE GUY THAT FOLLOWS YOU ON AN EXERCISE THINKING HE CAN DO THE SAME WEIGHT AS YOU??? BUT, CAN'T. THIS IS USUALLY THE GUY WEARING A WHITE TANK TOP T-SHIRT.WALKING AROUND "FLEXING." :cry::cry::strong:

ALSO, THE GUY THAT LEAVES HE'S WEIGHTS ON THE BAR AND OR MACHINE. KEEPS WALKING AWAY AND AROUND GYM??? IS HE DONE WITH THE EQUIPMENT OR NOT. I JUST USUALLY GET ON IT AWAY. TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN OR WOMAN.......................:soapbox:

Travis Bell
04-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I get pissed when my shoes come untied.

Tryin to tie them mothers when I'm already breathin heavy is a real pain

Erik 23
04-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I get pissed when my shoes come untied.

Tryin to tie them mothers when I'm already breathin heavy is a real pain

HAhahahha good one :D

Sidior
04-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Did not read the whole thing. Anyways pisses me off when people hover around a bench or rack waiting for me to finish instead of asking to work in, or asking how long I have. If I see this I almost always take longer. Ya, Im a dick.

evilxxx
04-02-2009, 11:55 PM
It seems to take me like an extra hour of work out time when there are hotties in the gym... for some reason I find myself spending more time playing with my zune and looking thru the mirrors...hahaha...oh but I do hate this girl that comes in, in sprinter shorts! and do her leg raises on one of the benches! does she not realize she is showing too much??? funny because everytime this happens there is silence in the gym...hahahahaha!

11not10
04-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Bitchasses who don't strip their weight when finished. Nuff said..

lynnlynn7
04-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Guys who don't clean up their DB's, guys who stare when I do pull-ups, guys who take stuff off the bar when I"m DL-ing, and guys who smell.

bill
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by bill
Had to bump this

NO WAY! LOL! You gotta be kidding me?

And to think that I've seen it all........ Bulk Boy this is the rest of it.

The worst of it was he was using the squat rack before this doing curls and maybe some pressing. No big deal I waited my time, he left for a bit, goes past the squat rack.... starts doing something else. See's me start to load plates, comes running I'm actually still using that. I think he was either clueless or did it on purpose to piss people off. I could of just said sorry I'm here now but I was like whatever. I don't think he realized how close he was to getting smacked. Which would of been totally wrong on my part, most I've been pissed at someone in a bit.:indian:

BrockO'Bummer
04-04-2009, 07:13 PM
People who get in my way when I snatch or clean.

There's this dude who really annoys me big time. He gives out unsolicited advice that makes him looks stupid. What's worse is that he's actually arrogant about it. He's always giving me that "what the heck are you doing" look. Too bad murder is illegal. lol.

You guys are awesome. I'd rather train with the one of you than a million Josh's (that's his name!)

Keep up the good work!

Brian Hopper
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I just hate it when people don't put things back where they belong!!!

Sensei
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I used to have a lot of gripes. Now I'm happy as long as people don't talk to me and stay out of my way. I'm perfectly happy to answer questions, but not if I'm between sets OR IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE! If I'm done and stripping down the bar, then it's okay.

More or less on-topic, but I wrote some rules for "Moron's Gym" a while back: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/2007/12/morons-gym.html

getting there
04-16-2009, 07:34 AM
I was leaving the gym the other day and forgot to bring my protein with me so I had buy it at the gym. Well I am paying the guy at the counter and he says to me that you should really only drink something like that 1 or 2 times a week. I don't want your unsolicited opinion, especially if you look like you have never lifted a heavy weight in your life. I guess ignorance is really bliss.

-Joe

JasonLift
04-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Luckily the gym I train at now is great, so I don't have most these problems. One thing that does slightly annoy me is when people are behind me when I am doing chain suspended good mornings only because I've blasted one off a time or two and its kind of weird.

Oh and theres no fan in the bathroom, and I swear I have smelled the smell linger from the beginning of my workout to the end which was about an hour and a half. Really sucks at the end when you are sucking wind and you goto change and its gagging you.

rbtrout
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Most of the people at 5 am are die-hards and lightweights, so I usually get the power rack to myself. Most know to leave me the hell alone when I'm lifting, as well.

The few that do bug me and some have been mentioned already -
They ask how their form is and then argue with you on why they should do it wrong.
The kid(s) that strut around the gym acting like bad-asses, flexing, etc. and they can't lift crap. 2 of these at my gym now. One of them actually today said that he could dead 315 without any problems, so I moved out of the way and told him to go for it. "I'm doing arms right now", was his response. I told him to come on over next Thursday and he could dead with me. We all know that won't happen. I can't wait until he sees me squating and going for a PR. Get his sorry ass under the bar and squash him like the bug he is.

getting there
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
One more thing I despise......ILS or Invisible Lat Syndrome. You know who I am talking about. They are the guys who walk around the gym with their chests puffed out and their arms spread wide because their back is so massive they cannot have their arms by their sides.

bill
04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
One more thing I despise......ILS or Invisible Lat Syndrome. You know who I am talking about. They are the guys who walk around the gym with their chests puffed out and their arms spread wide because their back is so massive they cannot have their arms by their sides.

Like the guy on the cell phone commercial, can't remember which one.

rctriplefresh5
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
i lift at home, but when i was at the gym a few days ago, and i was stretching my legs with just the weight of the hack squat sled to warm them up for my last set of freeweight squats. anyways i squat atgs and some old guy who was using ****ed up form on the hammer stregth press machine said i was going to blow out my knees if i go past parallel. he then proceeded to show me how to squat by doing a quarter squat with his own body weight and not even hitting close to prallels

Runty
04-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Okay, probably the weirdest most ignorant thing yet. At my gym there is 2 power racks with a seated calf raise inbetween them. I was doing squats in the one on the left and another guy was doing barbell rows in the other. This complete knobjob comes up with a resistance band and a semicircle foam rolling pad. He anchors one end of the band to the calf raise machine and then proceeds to CLIMB over the pins in my rack and puts the pad under his armpit and starts to do external rotations. I was inbetween a set so I just let it slide and thought he would be done. He then proceeds to CLIMB back out of my rack, walk around and climb into the other guys rack inbetween his set. Same reaction from him, like WTF? but let it slide. I did my set and then sat back on the ledge next to the rack for about a minute or so. As I'm getting up to do my next set, the guy starts to climb back into my cage and just stare at me.... He asks if he can "work in with me" so I had to kindly inform this dumbass that he can just extend the band backwards behind the calf raise, and instead of CLIMBING INTO ANOTHER RACK, turn 180 degrees to work the other arm... he leaves me alone. Almost immediately after he tries to get into the other cage. The guy doing rows heard everything I just told this idiot and just gave him a real stern stare and shook his head no. (he was a pretty big guy) So after all this happens, this jerkoff just unanchors the resistance band and walks over to the lat raise machine and anchors it there and finishes his workout in NO ONES WAY.

Just go where there is no one in the first place! Sorry for the rant, usually only get slightly disgruntled about people not reracking plates properly, but this was by far the strangest thing I've ever seen or for that matter heard about in a gym. Some people...

bill
04-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Runty you may have the best one. lol You guys should unhooked his bands and use the calf machine ha ha

CrazyK
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Medicine balls and bosu balls are not to be dribbled, no matter how athletic one thinks they are.

brihead301
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
You're all angry people. Rather then getting p***ed off, I just find some things funny, like the "trainers" "training" people to do dumbell bench presses while laying on the swiss ball and stuff like that.

Day 1 of "training" for new client - 3 different types of curls, and then move on to DB benches on the swiss ball. It's funny.

Runty
04-17-2009, 01:22 PM
You're all angry people. Rather then getting p***ed off, I just find some things funny, like the "trainers" "training" people to do dumbell bench presses while laying on the swiss ball and stuff like that.

I usually am fine ignoring people and laughing to myself about how absurd things can be. I'd never finish a workout if I didn't. However, when you're interrupting my sets and my workout, I'm probably going to say something to someone about it.

Guido
04-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I usually am fine ignoring people and laughing to myself about how absurd things can be. I'd never finish a workout if I didn't. However, when you're interrupting my sets and my workout, I'm probably going to say something to someone about it.Agreed. I'd say you had the appropriate response in your situation.

cheesedips
04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
pushdowns in general..useless in my opinion.
5000.00 machines that sit idle, unused for years.
anyone doing half or quarter squats and yelling.