PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting And Diet

SGT ROCK
06-19-2008, 02:58 AM
I studied Dietetic Technology in college, and am going to get back into it again here at UNLV if all goes well, they have a unique fitness nutriton class lineup here which really has me interested. I admit my diet is not near what it should be. Diet should NOT be over rated, it is vital. I do want to share one exception. One of my good friends who is UNBEATEN in PL competition, and will be making a comeback at the Worlds this year, consistently eats one big meal a day, and then one creatine and protein shake a day. He trains HARD, including heavy dls every 4 days, if I didnt see it with my own eyes I would NOT believe it. For the most part we all need to really tighten up on our diets which starting NOW I am going to do. I did get down to a super lean 220 recently with a few small changes as well as adding in some supps my friend Chris Mason suggested. I will FINALLY get some pics up so I can forever have proof I have abs in case I lose them again lol! I am going to bulk back up to 242 plus at some point and am going to do it the right way, with minimal bodyfat gains. I am also going to post my diet up from time to time in my log as BPM does, that guy is STRICT bros, trust me! If any of you have a good diet that worked for you, that is SIMPLE, throw it up here so we all may learn!

Semper Fi

Lewy23
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
looking forward to checkin out your diet, bro!

Eric Downey
06-20-2008, 04:38 PM
You need to diet fatty.

SGT ROCK
06-21-2008, 06:25 AM
LOL...Downey! I am going to get this written if I can ever get a day off from work. Stay away from Dirty Sanchez brother!

Semper Fi

chris mason
06-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Brent, while I am no unbeaten strength athlete, I am currently a pretty lean 218 lbs or so at 5'11.5" and clean and I only eat 1 solid food meal per day plus a liquid meal for breakfast and some ice cream at night right before bed. It is more about total caloric intake and some specific macro/micro ingestion that does the trick than anything else.

Stumprrp
06-21-2008, 06:42 AM
my diet is what chris suggested to me, i lost 14 lbs but i put a few back on due to getting lazy, however, when im putting weight on i do eat whatever i want and ALOT, i have the appetite of a small horse and its sickning.

Eric Downey
06-21-2008, 07:09 AM
For me personally when i need to diet pretty hard I function better on a high fat very low carb diet. I teach my body to use fat for energy other than carbs. I make sure I keep my carbs below 125 but my good fat is way up. Its a slow burn of body fat but consistent one.

SGT ROCK
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys, once I finally get settled into my new home (stainless steel bbq stub, heated pool with waterfall and hot tub!) I can really nail down the diet.
Here is what I have planned, assuming a steady work schedule:

Off work days where I can sleep normal:

Breakfast 3 eggs, 2 whole wheat toast, oj

one hour after

2 scoops Nitrean with milk, one fruit

Lunch

lean grilled chicken breast
mixed veggies
baked potato
cottage cheese

snack: yogurt and fruit

one hour later

Two scoops nitrean and one fruit

Post workout same shake
one half hour later

Grilled steak or chicken
mixed veggies
cottage cheese

two hours later

Cold cereal with milk, or OATMEAL
yogurt
any snack thats around

Supps include animal paks, nitrean, pre workout RESULTS, ETS, and Nitro for pre workout boost, ephedrine mixture on heavy dl days.

MY shakes give me 50g of protein the way I make them. So 3 shakes give me 150g of protein, each meal gives me 40 plus grams as well, so all in all I am getting 300 or so grams per day. On work days its much harder as I work nights, but I am coming up with a plan to get my 300g of protein.

I always responded best to the simple approach, if I could eat the following on any given day, it always gave good results:

OATMEAL
EGGS
TWO MEATS PER DAY, CHICKEN OR STEAK ETC
COTTAGE CHEESE
COLD CEREAL, IE CHEERIOS OR EVEN CORN FLAKES, THINK SIMPLE!
LOTS OF WATER
RESULTS.....THIS PRODUCT REALLY WORKS GUYS....BELIEVE IT

I studied dietetics in college and I know it could be much cleaner, but for ME that is what works.

Semper Fi

chris mason
06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys, once I finally get settled into my new home (stainless steel bbq stub, heated pool with waterfall and hot tub!) I can really nail down the diet.
Here is what I have planned, assuming a steady work schedule:

Off work days where I can sleep normal:

Breakfast 3 eggs, 2 whole wheat toast, oj

one hour after

2 scoops Nitrean with milk, one fruit

Lunch

lean grilled chicken breast
mixed veggies
baked potato
cottage cheese

snack: yogurt and fruit

one hour later

Two scoops nitrean and one fruit

Post workout same shake
one half hour later

Grilled steak or chicken
mixed veggies
cottage cheese

two hours later

Cold cereal with milk, or OATMEAL
yogurt
any snack thats around

Supps include animal paks, nitrean, pre workout RESULTS, ETS, and Nitro for pre workout boost, ephedrine mixture on heavy dl days.

MY shakes give me 50g of protein the way I make them. So 3 shakes give me 150g of protein, each meal gives me 40 plus grams as well, so all in all I am getting 300 or so grams per day. On work days its much harder as I work nights, but I am coming up with a plan to get my 300g of protein.

I always responded best to the simple approach, if I could eat the following on any given day, it always gave good results:

OATMEAL
EGGS
TWO MEATS PER DAY, CHICKEN OR STEAK ETC
COTTAGE CHEESE
COLD CEREAL, IE CHEERIOS OR EVEN CORN FLAKES, THINK SIMPLE!
LOTS OF WATER
RESULTS.....THIS PRODUCT REALLY WORKS GUYS....BELIEVE IT

I studied dietetics in college and I know it could be much cleaner, but for ME that is what works.

Semper Fi

You know, clean is only really important when the calorie count gets really low and that is only because you want to make sure to still get the micronutrients necessary for good health. Eating clean is not what most strength athletes think it is.

fatass
06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
http://http://www.darabeel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/funny-pictures-new-mcdonalds-ad-zxj.jpg

everyone should watch what they eat EVERYONE

Chris Rodgers
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
For me personally when i need to diet pretty hard I function better on a high fat very low carb diet. I teach my body to use fat for energy other than carbs. I make sure I keep my carbs below 125 but my good fat is way up. Its a slow burn of body fat but consistent one.

How do you feel strength-wise on a diet like this as opposed to eating more carbs? I just completely revamped my diet and I am experimenting with mostly High protein, high fat during the day and carbs only before and after training. So far I feel pretty good, but I just started it so I am not sure. I'm going to give it an honest shot though before I change it.