PDA

View Full Version : Low calorie effects on metabolism

JohnnyBrown
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Sadly I got strep throat, and have been eating around 1000 calories a day, when normally I'd been eating 4k. Once this goes away and I can lift again I wanna go on a short cut to lose some chub I've picked up on my first bulk.

My question is before I cut, should I start eating at around 4k again to get my metabolism up and going? And if so, for how long? This makes sense to me from what I've read, but I have no real knowledge to back it up.

Also just out of curiousity, can you actually gain fat from eating so low, probably from screwing over your metabolism?

Any helps appreciated

thanks

Invain
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Eat at maintenance for a week or so before you cut. You don't want to jump from 4k calories to less than maintenance right away.

You're not going to gain anything from 1k calories a day. Everybody gets sick once in a while, just drink lots of fluids and let the antibiotics do their job. A few days of eating like **** won't make a very big difference. Even if it does you'll snap back pretty quickly.

Phil1970
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I would go back to a normal diet for a week or so just so you can regain your strength. Then go on your cut. Got to get back to normal and be fully recovered before you get lean.